- Ten-year change in disability prevalence and related factors in two generations of French elderly community dwellers: data from the PAQUID studyKarine Pérès
INSERM U593, Case 11, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 146, rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Aging Clin Exp Res 17:229-35. 2005..Our aim was to study the 10-year evolution of disability prevalence in elderly community dwellers and related factors...
- Hypnotics and mortality in an elderly general population: a 12-year prospective studyIsabelle Jaussent
INSERM, U1061, Montpellier F 34000, France
BMC Med 11:212. 2013....
- Health and aging in elderly farmers: the AMI cohortKarine Pérès
INSERM, ISPED, Centre INSERM U897 Epidemiologie Biostatistique, Bordeaux F 33000, France
BMC Public Health 12:558. 2012..The general aim of the AMI cohort was to study health and aging in elderly farmers living in rural area through a multidisciplinary approach, with a main focus on dementia...
- Natural history of decline in instrumental activities of daily living performance over the 10 years preceding the clinical diagnosis of dementia: a prospective population-based studyKarine Pérès
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U593, Bordeaux, France
J Am Geriatr Soc 56:37-44. 2008..To study the subtle changes in instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs) over the 10 years preceding the clinical diagnosis of dementia...
- Restriction in complex activities of daily living in MCI: impact on outcomeK Peres
INSERM U593 the French Institute of Health and Medical Research, University Victor Segalen, France
Neurology 67:461-6. 2006..To describe the restriction in instrumental activities of daily living (IADL) in mild cognitive impairment (MCI) and to assess the impact of IADL restriction on the progression to dementia and on MCI reversibility...
- Gender differences in the prodromal signs of dementia: memory complaint and IADL-restriction. a prospective population-based cohortKarine Pérès
INSERM, U897, Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux2, Bordeaux, France
J Alzheimers Dis 27:39-47. 2011..To conclude, women would report the first symptoms very early in the process by SMC, whereas men would tend to later report their difficulties and only in terms of IADL-restriction...
- Dementia in subjects aged 75 years or over within the PAQUID cohort: prevalence and burden by severityCatherine Helmer
INSERM U 593 Université de Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 22:87-94. 2006..To analyze the prevalence of dementia by severity and to describe the sociodemographic characteristics of people with dementia in the community, as well as the consequences of this disease in terms of disability and institutionalization...
- A prospective study of the bi-directional association between vision loss and depression in the elderlyIsabelle Carriere
INSERM, U1061, Montpellier F 34093, France University Montpellier I, Montpellier F 34000, France
J Affect Disord 151:164-70. 2013..Our objective was to prospectively examine the bi-directional association of VI and visual function (VF) loss with depressive symptoms in the elderly...
- Adherence to a Mediterranean diet and onset of disability in older personsCatherine Feart
Equipe Epidémiologie de la Nutrition et des Comportements Alimentaires, INSERM, U897, Université Bordeaux Segalen, ISPED Case 11, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Eur J Epidemiol 26:747-56. 2011..In addition to its well-documented beneficial effects on health, adherence to a Mediterranean-type diet could contribute to slow down the disablement process in women...
- Disability and incident coronary heart disease in older community-dwelling adults: the Three-City StudyMatthieu Plichart
INSERM, U970, Paris Cardiovascular Research Centre PARCC, Paris, France
J Am Geriatr Soc 58:636-42. 2010..To prospectively assess the association between disability and incident fatal and nonfatal coronary heart disease (CHD) in older adults free of cardiovascular disease (CVD)...
- Primary and secondary care consultations in elderly demented individuals in France. Results from the Three-City StudyCatherine Helmer
INSERM, U897, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 26:407-15. 2008..Our purpose was to analyze consultations with primary- and secondary-care physicians by demented people and identify factors that hamper or facilitate consultation...
- Fast cognitive decline at the time of dementia diagnosis: a major prognostic factor for survival in the communityLaure Carcaillon
INSERM, Unit 593, Bordeaux, France
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 23:439-45. 2007..Our study aimed at confirming the concept of fast decliners at the time of Alzheimer's disease (AD) diagnosis which best predicts mortality, in an unselected sample...
- Late life depression and incident activity limitations: influence of gender and symptom severityIsabelle Carriere
INSERM, U1061, Hôpital La Colombière, Montpellier, F 34093, France
J Affect Disord 133:42-50. 2011..Previous research has been limited partly due to the failure to take into account sub-syndromal states and the very large number of candidate mediating and confounding factors...
- The disablement process: factors associated with progression of disability and recovery in French elderly peopleKarine Pérès
INSERM U593, University of Bordeau x 2, France
Disabil Rehabil 27:263-76. 2005..To study the factors associated with progression, recovery and death from different grades of disability in elderly people...
- Short- versus long-term prediction of dementia among subjects with low and high educational levelsEmilie Chary
Universite Bordeaux, ISPED, centre Inserm U897, Bordeaux, France
Alzheimers Dement 9:562-71. 2013....
- Fish, meat, and risk of dementia: cohort studyPascale Barberger-Gateau
INSERM U330, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, case n degrees 11, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
BMJ 325:932-3. 2002
- Predictive value of 6-month decline in ADAS-cog for survival without severe Alzheimer's diseaseCatherine Helmer
INSERM U593, Universite de Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 23:168-74. 2007..To determine the predictive value of the 6-month evolution of the ADAS-cog score in initially mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease (AD) patients on the risk of death or severe dementia (MMSE <10) within 2 years...
- Low plasma eicosapentaenoic acid and depressive symptomatology are independent predictors of dementia riskCecilia Samieri
INSERM, U897, Equipe Epidémiologie de Nutrition et des Comportements Alimentaires, Bordeaux, France
Am J Clin Nutr 88:714-21. 2008..Plasma n-3 PUFAs have been shown to be inversely related to the risk of dementia and to depression, which is frequently associated with dementia...
- From genetics to dietetics: the contribution of epidemiology to understanding Alzheimer's diseasePascale Barberger-Gateau
INSERM, U897, Bordeaux, France
J Alzheimers Dis 33:S457-63. 2013..Research should focus on sensitive instruments to capture early functional decline to improve the identification of elderly patients at high risk of conversion to dementia...
- Seropositivity to herpes simplex virus antibodies and risk of Alzheimer's disease: a population-based cohort studyLuc Letenneur
INSERM, U897, Bordeaux, France
PLoS ONE 3:e3637. 2008....
- The contribution of dementia to the disablement process and modifying factorsPascale Barberger-Gateau
Epidemiology, Public Health and Development INSERM U593, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 18:330-7. 2004..Dementia did not increase the risk of death, once disability was taken into account, except from the lowest disability grade...
- Impact of late-life self-reported emotional problems on Disability-Free Life Expectancy: results from the MRC Cognitive Function and Ageing StudyKarine Pérès
INSERM, Bordeaux, France
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 23:643-9. 2008..We aim to quantify the impact of late-life self-reported depression and emotional problems on both the length and quality of remaining life...
- Prodromal Alzheimer's disease: successive emergence of the clinical symptomsHelene Amieva
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U897, France
Ann Neurol 64:492-8. 2008..Utilizing the long follow-up of the PAQUID study, we examined the emergence of the first clinical symptoms over a 14-year period of follow-up before the dementia phase of AD...
- [Descriptive epidemiology and risk factors of depression in the elderly]Catherine Helmer
INSERM U 593, Universite de Bordeaux, France
Psychol Neuropsychiatr Vieil 2:S7-12. 2004..To decrease the consequences of depression and to improve the quality of life of the elderly, the screening and treatment of depression should be strengthened in the general elderly population...