- Supernumerary parathyroid glands: frequency and surgical significance in treatment of renal hyperparathyroidismF N Pattou
Department of General and Endocrine Surgery, University Hospital, 59037 Lille, France
World J Surg 24:1330-4. 2000..SPGs were also responsible for 32% of persistent or recurrent HPT. In that setting, frankly ectopic SPGs are not rare, and preoperative imaging appears highly desirable prior to embarking on surgical reexploration...
- Natural history of liver metastasis of gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors: place for chemoembolizationC Proye
Service de Chirurgie Generale et Endocrinienne, Hopital Claude Huriez, Rue Michel Polonovski, 59037 Lille, France
World J Surg 25:685-8. 2001..It is not impossible that chemoembolization increases the occurrence of lung metastases. It is only a palliative method but with great functional benefit for patients with hypersecreting tumors...
- [Endocrine tumors of the duodenum and pancreas: "prerequisites", imaging, and intraoperative detection]C Proye
Service de Chirurgie Generale et Endocrinienne, Clinique Chirurgicale Adulte Est, Hopital Claude Huriez, 1, Rue Michel Polonovski, 59037 Lille, France
Ann Chir 126:290-5. 2001..Surgical treatment of insulinomas gives excellent results. However, for sporadic gastrinomas, there was only a 34% recovery rate, and still less for MEN I gastrinomas...
- Indications for adrenalectomy in the laparoscopic eraA Pisanu
, Clinique Chirurgicale Adulte Est, Hopital Huriez, CHU de Lille, France
G Chir 22:101-6. 2001..Open surgery is always indicated for large and malignant tumours. The fascinating feature of laparoscopy has not to change the indications and the surgeon must plan the appropriate approach for every single patient...
- [Outcome of non-operated adrenal masses in 126 patients observed from 1986 to 1999]E Mirallie
Clinique Chirurgicale Adultes Est, Service de Chirurgie Generale et Endocrinienne, Hopital Claude Huriez, CHU Lille, 1, rue Michel Polonowski, 59037 Lille, France
Ann Chir 126:212-20. 2001..The breakthrough of laparoscopic adrenalectomy has led some to challenge this attitude. This retrospective study focused on the outcome of non-operated adrenal masses...
- [Radioguided surgery for primary hyperparathyroidism. Experience in 75 cases]J Lokey
, Clinique Chirurgicale Adultes Est, , rue Michel-Polonovski, 59037 Lille, France
Ann Chir 126:535-40. 2001....
- [Are preoperative examinations useful in the management of patients with renal hyperparathyroidism?]P Guillem
Service de Chirurgie Generale et Endocrinienne, Hopital Huriez, CHRU de Lille, Rue Michel Polonovski, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Ann Chir 131:27-33. 2006..To evaluate the efficiency of preoperative parathyroid ultrasonography and scintigraphy in the management of renal hyperparathyroidism...