Genomes and Genes
- Plasma fibroblast growth factor 23 concentration is increased and predicts mortality in patients on the liver-transplant waiting listDominique Prie
Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, INSERM U845, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, AP HP, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 8:e66182. 2013..In these patients FGF23 concentration was the best predictor of mortality. ..
- Determination of the best method to estimate glomerular filtration rate from serum creatinine in adult patients with sickle cell disease: a prospective observational cohort studyJean Benoit Arlet
Service de Medecine Interne, centre de référence des syndromes drépanocytaires majeurs, Faculté de Médecine Paris Descartes et Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Cedex 15, Paris 75908, France
BMC Nephrol 13:83. 2012..The goal of our study was to determine the best equation to estimate glomerular filtration rate (GFR) in SCD adult patients...
- Reciprocal control of 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D and FGF23 formation involving the FGF23/Klotho systemDominique Prie
Service des Explorations Fonctionnelles, Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, INSERM U845, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 5:1717-22. 2010..Conversely, VDR activators could be used to modulate Klotho or FGF23 expression...
- [Fibroblast Growth Factor 23-Klotho: a new axis of phosphate balance control]Dominique Prie
AP HP, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Med Sci (Paris) 25:489-95. 2009..Phosphate ion is involved in vascular and soft tissue calcification and is important for cell proliferation. Disorders of FGF23-klotho axis alter life span and are involved in senescence...
- [A new axis of phosphate balance control: fibroblast growth factor 23-Klotho]Dominique Prie
Service d Explorations Fonctionnelles, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, AP HP, bâtiment Sèvres 8 e étage, 75015 Paris, France
Nephrol Ther 5:513-9. 2009..This review details FGF23 and Klotho functions in normal conditions and in genetics or acquired disorders...
- Latest findings in phosphate homeostasisDominique Prie
Service d Explorations Fonctionnelles, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, AP HP, Paris, France
Kidney Int 75:882-9. 2009..We also describe the role played by the FGF23-klotho axis in phosphate homeostasis and its involvement in the pathophysiology of phosphate disturbances in chronic kidney disease...
- A new human NHERF1 mutation decreases renal phosphate transporter NPT2a expression by a PTH-independent mechanismMarie Courbebaisse
Faculte de Medecine, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e34764. 2012..We have recently identified mutations in NHERF1 that decrease renal phosphate reabsorption by increasing PTH-induced cAMP production in the renal proximal tubule...
- Effects of cinacalcet in renal transplant patients with hyperparathyroidismMarie Courbebaisse
Service d Explorations Fonctionnelles, Hôpital Necker Enfants Malades Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Am J Nephrol 35:341-8. 2012..Long-term treatment with cinacalcet may increase urinary calcium excretion and the risk of renal calcium deposits and may alter renal graft function...
- Vitamin D status and outcomes after renal transplantationFrank Bienaime
INSERM U845, Centre de Recherche Croissance et Signalisation, Universite Paris Descartes, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149 rue de Sevres, 75015 Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 24:831-41. 2013..In conclusion, low 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentration measured 3 months after transplantation is an independent risk factor for interstitial fibrosis progression and is associated with a lower GFR 1 year after transplantation...
- Hypophosphatemia and calcium nephrolithiasisDominique Prie
Department of Physiology and INSERM U 426, Faculte de Medecine Xavier Bichat, Universite Denis Diderot, Paris, France
Nephron Exp Nephrol 98:e50-4. 2004..Similar features are observed during invalidation of NHERF or in case of overproduction of FGF23. These observations highlight the importance of phosphate homeostasis in common diseases such as renal stones or bone loss...
- Determination of optimal cholecalciferol treatment in renal transplant recipients using a population pharmacokinetic approachSihem Benaboud
EA3620, Universite Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 69:499-506. 2013....
- NHERF1 mutations and responsiveness of renal parathyroid hormoneZoubida Karim
INSERM Unité 845, Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, France
N Engl J Med 359:1128-35. 2008..These NHERF1 mutations suggest a previously unrecognized cause of renal phosphate loss in humans...
- Cholecalciferol supplementation does not protect against renal allograft structural and functional deterioration: a retrospective studyMarie Courbebaisse
Service de Nephrologie, Hôpital Tenon Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris et Université Paris VI, Paris, France
Transplantation 91:207-12. 2011..Renal models of chronic kidney injury and clinical observational studies have suggested that vitamin D analogues may protect against the epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition (EMT), interstitial inflammation, and fibrosis...
- Vitamin D metabolism and activity in the parathyroid glandFrank Bienaime
Service de Physiologie Explorations Fonctionnelles, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149 rue de Sevres, 75015 Paris, France
Mol Cell Endocrinol 347:30-41. 2011..The potential clinical implications of the recent advances made in this field will also be discussed...
- Phosphate handling: new genes, new moleculesDominique Prie
Service d Explorations Fonctionnelles, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Horm Res Paediatr 76:71-5. 2011..Further, it describes the role played by the fibroblast growth factor 23-Klotho axis in phosphate homeostasis and its involvement in the pathophysiology of phosphate disturbances in chronic kidney diseases...
- Effects of vitamin D supplementation on the calcium-phosphate balance in renal transplant patientsMarie Courbebaisse
Service d Explorations Fonctionnelles, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, AP HP, Paris, France
Kidney Int 75:646-51. 2009..Hence, cholecalciferol treatment significantly increased serum 25-hydroxy vitamin D and decreased parathyroid hormone levels with no adverse effects in 25-hydroxy vitamin D-deficient renal transplant patients...
- [Non phosphocalcic actions of vitamin D]Marie Courbebaisse
Hopital Tenon, AP HP, 4, rue de la Chine, 75020 Paris, France
Med Sci (Paris) 26:417-21. 2010..We present here the non phosphocalcic actions of vitamin D...
- Recent findings in phosphate homeostasisDominique Prie
Inserm U 426 et Institut Fédératif de Recherche 02, Faculty of Medicine, Xavier Bichat, Paris, France
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 14:318-24. 2005..We summarize the most recent findings on the proteins that interact with sodium/inorganic phosphate (Na/Pi) cotransporters, the factors that regulate Pi homeostasis and their role in pathology...
- Functional interaction between CFTR and the sodium-phosphate co-transport type 2a in Xenopus laevis oocytesNaziha Bakouh
Inserm UMRS 845, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e34879. 2012..In the present study, we investigated if CFTR and the sodium-phosphate co-transporter type 2a (NPT2a) functionally interact after heterologous expression of both proteins in Xenopus laevis oocytes...
- The phosphate transporter PiT1 (Slc20a1) revealed as a new essential gene for mouse liver developmentLaurent Beck
INSERM, U845, Centre de Recherche Croissance et Signalisation, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 5:e9148. 2010..Although the importance of PiT1 in mineralizing processes have been demonstrated in vitro in osteoblasts, chondrocytes and vascular smooth muscle cells, in vivo evidence is missing...
- Urinary procollagen III aminoterminal propeptide (PIIINP): a fibrotest for the nephrologistBalsam El Ghoul
Department of Nephrology, Universite Paris Descartes, Hopital Necker, Paris, France
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 5:205-10. 2010..Thus, a noninvasive alternative to KB is required. Collagen type III amino-terminal propeptide (PIIINP) is a degradation product of collagen type III, the increase of which may reflect an ongoing fibrotic process...
- Sodium-phosphate cotransporters, nephrolithiasis and bone demineralizationDominique Prie
Inserm U 426 et Institut Fédératif de Recherche 02, Faculte de Medecine Xavier Bichat, 16 rue Henri Huchard, 75018 Paris, France
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 13:675-81. 2004..We discuss how recent findings obtained in disorders of phosphate metabolism in humans and in animal models have provided insights into the pathogenesis of renal stone formation and bone demineralization...
- Plasma matrix metalloproteinase-9 as a marker of blood stasis in varicose veinsMarie Paule Jacob
INSERM U460, CHU Xavier Bichat, Paris, France
Circulation 106:535-8. 2002..Possible intermediate circulating markers linking blood stasis to vein remodeling were explored in patients with varicose veins in the lower limbs...
- Nephrolithiasis and osteoporosis associated with hypophosphatemia caused by mutations in the type 2a sodium-phosphate cotransporterDominique Prie
Service de Physiologie Explorations Fonctionnelles, Hopital Bichat, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
N Engl J Med 347:983-91. 2002..We hypothesized that mutations in the gene coding for the main renal sodium-phosphate cotransporter (NPT2a) may be present in patients with these disorders...
- Tubulopathy consecutive to tenofovir-containing antiretroviral therapy in two patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus-1Guillaume Breton
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Bichat Claude Bernard Hospital, Paris, France
Scand J Infect Dis 36:527-8. 2004..The risk of renal tubulopathy symptoms in patients on long-term tenofovir therapy should be noted...