- Hormonal contraceptives and venous thromboembolism: an epidemiological updateGenevieve Plu-Bureau
Department of Gynecology and Endocrinology, Hôpital Universitaires Paris Centre, Paris Descartes University, Paris, France
Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab 27:25-34. 2013..In conclusion, newer generation formulations of hormonal contraceptives, as well as the non-oral hormonal contraceptive, seem to be more thrombogenic than second generation hormonal contraceptives...
- Hormonal contraceptives and arterial disease: an epidemiological updateGenevieve Plu-Bureau
Department of Gynecology and Endocrinology, Hôpital Universitaire Paris Centre, Paris Descartes University, Paris, France
Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab 27:35-45. 2013..23 for MI risk and 0.99 for ischemic stroke). In conclusion, newer generation formulations of COCs, as well as the non-oral hormonal contraceptive, do not seem to be safer than second generation hormonal contraceptives...
- Epidemiology of hormonal contraceptives-related venous thromboembolismJustine Hugon-Rodin
Department of Gynecology and EndocrinologyHôpitaux Universitaires Paris Centre, Paris Descartes University, Paris, France
Eur J Endocrinol 171:R221-30. 2014..Further studies are needed to conclude on the combinations containing NGM or low doses of EE associated with GSD. ..
- Are we overestimating the stroke risk related to contraceptive pills?Anne Gompel
Unité de gynécologie endocrinienne, Universite Paris Descartes, Hôpitaux Universitaires Paris Centre, APHP, Paris, France
Curr Opin Neurol 27:29-34. 2014..Given the benefits associated with combined hormonal contraceptives (COCs), it is important to properly evaluate their risks in order to provide a better benefit/risk balance to young women...
- Hormone replacement therapy use is associated with a lower occurrence of carotid atherosclerotic plaques but not with intima-media thickness progression among postmenopausal women. The vascular aging (EVA) studyGregoire Le Gal
Unit 258, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Paris, France
Atherosclerosis 166:163-70. 2003..Information on the impact of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) on carotid atherosclerosis is limited. Moreover, transdermal estrogens have not been investigated...
- Death-associated protein kinase loss of expression is a new marker for breast cancer prognosisDelphine Lévy
Unité de gynécologie endocrinienne, Hopital Hotel Dieu, Paris, France
Clin Cancer Res 10:3124-30. 2004..We analyzed the level of DAP-kinase expression in breast cancer specimens and its correlation with survival...
- Progestogen-only contraceptives and the risk of acute myocardial infarction: a meta-analysisZeina Chakhtoura
Department of Gynecology and Endocrinology, Hopital Hotel Dieu, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris Descartes University, 75004 Paris, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:1169-74. 2011..While progestogen-only contraceptives (POC) are commonly used worldwide, their impact on cardiovascular diseases is poorly investigated and remains unclear...