- Impaired plasma B-type natriuretic peptide clearance in human septic shockRomain Pirracchio
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Lariboisiere Hospital, APHP, University Paris 7 Diderot, Paris, France
Crit Care Med 36:2542-6. 2008..We further evaluated whether baseline plasma BNP can predict fluid responsiveness and whether BNP can still be released in plasma despite high initial BNP levels, in response to overloading...
- Evaluation of the propensity score methods for estimating marginal odds ratios in case of small sample sizeRomain Pirracchio
Service de Biostatistique et Information Medicale, Hopital Saint Louis, UMR S717 Inserm Sorbonne Paris Cité, Universite Paris Diderot, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, Paris 75010, France
BMC Med Res Methodol 12:70. 2012..However, the relative performance of the two mainly recommended PS methods, namely PS-matching or inverse probability of treatment weighting (IPTW), have not been studied in the context of small sample sizes...
- Should We Monitor ScVO(2) in Critically Ill Patients?Sophie Nebout
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Hospital Lariboisière 75475, Paris, France
Cardiol Res Pract 2012:370697. 2012....
- [Out-of-hospital assessment of elderly patients' preference for ICU care]R Pirracchio
Service d Anesthesie Reanimation, Université Paris 5 Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 20, rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 31:114-9. 2012..To estimate the adequacy between elderly patients' preference for ICU care when treated for a life-threatening pathology, and the strategy proposed by the medical team on scene...
- Implications of ICU triage decisions on patient mortality: a cost-effectiveness analysisDavid L Edbrooke
Medical and Economics Research Centre Sheffield, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Glossop Road, Sheffield S10 2JF, UK
Crit Care 15:R56. 2011....
- Benefits of ICU admission in critically ill patients: whether instrumental variable methods or propensity scores should be usedRomain Pirracchio
Departement de Biostatistique et Informatique Medicale, Unité INSERM UMR 717, Hopital Saint Louis, APHP, Paris, 75010, France
BMC Med Res Methodol 11:132. 2011..The objective of the study was to assess the benefit in terms of hospital mortality of ICU admission in a cohort of patients proposed for ICU admission (ELDICUS cohort)...
- Utility of time-dependent inverse-probability-of-treatment weights to analyze observational cohorts in the intensive care unitRomain Pirracchio
Department of Biostatistics, Hopital Saint Louis, université Paris 7 Diderot, Paris, France
J Clin Epidemiol 64:1373-82. 2011..We aimed at evaluating MSMs, in accounting for confounding when assessing the benefit of intensive care unit (ICU) admission and on its interaction with patient age, as compared with propensity score (PS) matching...
- Arterial catheter-related bloodstream infections: results of an 8-year survey in a surgical intensive care unitRomain Pirracchio
Department of Anesthesiology, Critical Care and SAMU, APHP Lariboisière Hospital, Paris, France
Crit Care Med 39:1372-6. 2011..To determine whether a policy based on provisional replacement of catheters every 5 days had an impact on the incidence of arterial catheter-related bloodstream infections in a population of adult surgical intensive care unit patients...
- Monocytic HLA-DR expression in intensive care patients: interest for prognosis and secondary infection predictionAnne Claire Lukaszewicz
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine SAMU, Laboratory of Anesthesiology, Lariboisiere Hospital, AP HP and Paris 7 Diderot University, Paris, France
Crit Care Med 37:2746-52. 2009....
- Can bacteriological upper airway samples obtained at intensive care unit admission guide empiric antibiotherapy for ventilator-associated pneumonia?Romain Pirracchio
Department of Anesthesiology, Critical Care and SAMU, Lariboisiere Hospital, University Paris 7, Paris, France
Crit Care Med 37:2559-63. 2009....
- The effectiveness of inodilators in reducing short term mortality among patient with severe cardiogenic shock: a propensity-based analysisRomain Pirracchio
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 8:e71659. 2013..The purpose of this study was to compare the impact of these two strategies on short-term mortality in patients with severe cardiogenic shocks...
- The use of natriuretic peptides in the intensive care unitRomain Pirracchio
University Paris 7 Diderot, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
Curr Opin Crit Care 14:536-42. 2008..Based on the observation that heart failure is common albeit difficult to diagnose in the ICU, several studies have begun to evaluate the potential use of B-type natriuretic peptides in various ICU settings...
- One-year outcome after neurosurgery for intracranial tumor in elderly patientsRomain Pirracchio
Department of Anesthesiology, Critical Care and SAMU, Lariboisiere Hospital, Paris, France
J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 22:342-6. 2010..The number of elderly patients proposed for brain tumor removal is increasing. Only few data on long-term functional prognosis after intracranial surgery are available...
- Propensity scores in intensive care and anaesthesiology literature: a systematic reviewEtienne Gayat
Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Inserm U717, University Paris 7, Paris, France
Intensive Care Med 36:1993-2003. 2010..No precedent work has focused on the specific application of PS in intensive care and anaesthesiology literature...
- Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) may not reduce short-term mortality in cardiogenic pulmonary edema: a propensity-based analysisRomain Pirracchio
Department of Biostatistics, Hopital Saint Louis, Diderot, Paris, France
J Card Fail 19:108-16. 2013..However, the impact of CPAP on short-term mortality remains a matter of debate. We aimed at estimating the effect of CPAP on short-term mortality in patients treated for a CPE...
- Cardiac troponin and skeletal muscle oxygenation in severe post-partum haemorrhageLaurent Heyer
AP HP, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, University Paris 7, Hopital Lariboisiere, 2 rue Ambroise Pare, 75010 Paris, France
Crit Care 13:S8. 2009..The purpose of the study was to assess whether increased cardiac troponin was associated with a simultaneous alteration in haemoglobin tissue oxygen saturation in peripheral muscles in post-partum haemorrhage...
- Estimating the treatment effect from non-randomized studies: The example of reduced intensity conditioning allogeneic stem cell transplantation in hematological diseasesMatthieu Resche-Rigon
Departement de Biostatistique et Informatique Medicale, Hopital Saint Louis, AP HP, Paris 75010, France
BMC Blood Disord 12:10. 2012..abstract:..