- [Multidisciplinary approach to congenital toxoplasmosis. Differences in European strategies]
J M Pinon
Laboratoire de Parasitologie-Mycologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, 45, rue Cognacq-Jay, 51092 Reims, France
Arch Pediatr 10:29. 2003
- [Congenital toxoplasmosis: neonatal biological diagnosis and surveillance]
Laboratoire de Parasitologie-Mycologie, EA 2070, IFR 53, , CHU Maison-Blanche, 45, rue Cognacq-Jay, 51092 Reims, France
Arch Pediatr 10:39-41. 2003
- Clinical value of specific immunoglobulin E detection by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay in cases of acquired and congenital toxoplasmosis
Toxoplasmosis Group, Laboratory of Parasitology Mycology, IFR53, EA 2070, Hopital Maison Blanche, 51092 Reims, France
J Clin Microbiol 41:1681-6. 2003
..Emergence of specific IgE during postnatal treatment for congenital toxoplasmosis is a sign of poor adherence or inadequate dosing...
- [Frequency of persistent or transitory serologic negative values in infants with congenital toxoplasmosis. Experience of the Reims Toxoplasmosis Group (1980-1997)]
Presse Med 31:232. 2002
- Strategy for diagnosis of congenital toxoplasmosis: evaluation of methods comparing mothers and newborns and standard methods for postnatal detection of immunoglobulin G, M, and A antibodies
J M Pinon
Service de Parasitologie-Mycologie, , UPRES EA 2070, IFR53, 51092, Reims, France
J Clin Microbiol 39:2267-71. 2001
..The difference in performance between ELIFA plus ISAGA and IB plus ISAGA was not statistically significant (P = 0.31), and we conclude that both combinations of tests can be used for the diagnosis of CT in newborns...
- Preconception seroconversion and maternal seronegativity at delivery do not rule out the risk of congenital toxoplasmosis
Division of Parasitology, Reims Toxoplasmosis Group, Laboratoire de Parasitologie-Mycologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, EA2070, IFR 53, Reims 51092, France
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 9:489-90. 2002
..These documented cases of congenital toxoplasmosis demonstrate the value of extending the serologic monitoring period during pregnancy, according to the individual clinical context...
- [Prevention of congenital toxoplasmosis in France. Risk assessment. Results and perspectives of prenatal screening and newborn follow up]
Service de Parasitologie-Mycologie, CHU-38043 Grenoble
Bull Acad Natl Med 185:665-83; discussion 684-8. 2001
..It seems mandatory to forget all dogmatism and not to stick to a strictly statistical approach for a disease with not only medical but also social and human consequences...
- Regulation of tumor necrosis factor alpha and its specific receptors during Toxoplasma gondii infection in human monocytic cells
Laboratoire de Parasitologie-Mycologie, UPRES EA-2070, , , 51096 Reims Cedex, France
Parasitol Res 89:207-13. 2003
..These findings indicate that T. gondii participates not only in controlling the cytotoxic effects of TNF-alpha during the infection process, but also in signal transduction mediated mainly by TNF receptor I...
- Activation of the cellular mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways ERK, P38 and JNK during Toxoplasma gondii invasion
Laboratoire de Parasitologie Mycologie, EA 2070, IFR 53, UFR de Medecine, Universite de Reims Champagne Ardenne, 51, rue Cognacq Jay, 51095 Reims, France
Parasite 10:59-64. 2003
..Signaling through cellular and parasite mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase pathways appears to be critical for T. gondii invasion...
- Membrane potential changes after infection of monocytes by Toxoplasma gondii
, Reims, France
Int J Parasitol 31:1114-20. 2001
..This is the first report showing the presence of ion transporters in the T. gondii PVM and the existence of at least two members of the P-type family of ion pumps: an electrogenic H(+)ATPase and an electroneutral H(+)/K(+) ATPase...
- Calmodulin distribution and the actomyosin cytoskeleton in Toxoplasma gondii
H Le Moal
UPRES EA 2070 Interactions cellules-cellules et cellules-parasites, IFR 53, Reims, France
J Histochem Cytochem 49:445-54. 2001
..MLCK could act as an intermediate molecule between CaM and the cytoskeleton proteins. We have developed a model of the organization of the actomyosin-CaM complex and the steps of a signaling pathway for parasite motility...