- Marked increase in the incidence of invasive anal cancer among HIV-infected patients despite treatment with combination antiretroviral therapyChristophe Piketty
AP HP, Department of Clinical Immunology, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Rene Descartes University, Paris, France
AIDS 22:1203-11. 2008..To describe the cases of anal cancer that appeared in the French Hospital Database on HIV between 1992 and 2004 and to study risk factors of anal cancer...
- Salvage therapy with atazanavir/ritonavir combined to tenofovir in HIV-infected patients with multiple treatment failures: randomized ANRS 107 trialChristophe Piketty
Department of Immunology, Hôpital Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 11:213-21. 2006..Ritonavir (RTV)-boosted atazanavir (ATV) and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF-DF) are promising in highly experienced patients because of their pharmacokinetic profile, activity, safety and resistance properties...
- Human papillomavirus-related cervical and anal disease in HIV-infected individuals in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapyChristophe Piketty
Departement d Immunologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
Curr HIV/AIDS Rep 2:140-5. 2005..Taken together, these lines of evidence support the need for developing anal and cervical cancer screening programs for patients with HIV, whether untreated or on HAART...
- A high HIV DNA level in PBMCs at antiretroviral treatment interruption predicts a shorter time to treatment resumption, independently of the CD4 nadirChristophe Piketty
AP HP, Department of Clinical Immunology, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Paris, France
J Med Virol 82:1819-28. 2010..A high PBMC HIV DNA level at TI was a strong predictor for more rapid treatment resumption...
- High prevalence of anal squamous intraepithelial lesions in HIV-positive men despite the use of highly active antiretroviral therapyChristophe Piketty
Department of Immunology, INSERM U 430 and Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Sex Transm Dis 31:96-9. 2004..GOAL The goal of this study was to evaluate the prevalence of anal HPV infection and SIL inpatients under HAART...
- Dynamics of enfuvirtide resistance mutations in enfuvirtide-experienced patients remaining in virological failure under salvage therapyCharlotte Charpentier
Laboratoire de Virologie, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Scand J Infect Dis 43:373-9. 2011....
- Foscarnet salvage therapy efficacy is associated with the presence of thymidine-associated mutations (TAMs) in HIV-infected patientsCharlotte Charpentier
Laboratoire de Virologie, AP HP, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France Université Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, France
J Clin Virol 43:212-5. 2008..Salvage therapy based on foscarnet plus a thymidine analog is effective in patients with advanced-stage HIV disease and viruses harbouring multiple drug-resistance mutations...
- Alteration of cytochrome oxidase subunit I labeling is associated with severe mitochondriopathy in NRTI-related hepatotoxicity in HIV patientsJean Paul Duong Van Huyen
Department of Pathology, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, université Paris V René Descartes, Paris, France
Mod Pathol 19:1277-88. 2006..The results of the study suggest that COX subunit I labeling may be a valuable tool for the diagnosis of mitochondrial liver disease in HIV patients...
- Foscarnet as salvage therapy in HIV-2-infected patient with antiretroviral treatment failureSophie Stegmann
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Service d immunologie clinique, Paris, France
J Clin Virol 47:79-81. 2010..Four months after the end of foscarnet therapy, HIV-2 plasma viral load remained undetectable. This case report suggests that foscarnet may represent a therapeutic option for HIV-2-infected patients exhibiting multidrug resistance...
- Incidence of HIV-related anal cancer remains increased despite long-term combined antiretroviral treatment: results from the french hospital database on HIVChristophe Piketty
Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, France
J Clin Oncol 30:4360-6. 2012..To study recent trends in the incidence of anal cancer in HIV-infected patients receiving long-term combined antiretroviral treatment (cART) compared with the general population...
- Sexually transmitted acute infection with a clustered genotype 4 hepatitis C virus in HIV-1-infected men and inefficacy of early antiviral therapyJeanne Serpaggi
Hepatology Unit, Necker Hospital, Paris, France
AIDS 20:233-40. 2006....
- High frequency of integrase Q148R minority variants in HIV-infected patients naive of integrase inhibitorsCharlotte Charpentier
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Laboratoire de Virologie, France
AIDS 24:867-73. 2010..Integrase positions 148 and 155 represent main determinants of resistance to integrase inhibitors. We assessed the prevalence of minority variants harboring such mutations in integrase-naive HIV-infected patients...
- Lack of regression of anal squamous intraepithelial lesions despite immune restoration under cARTChristophe Piketty
AP HP Service d Immunologie Clinique, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, France
AIDS 27:401-6. 2013..The impact of cART on the natural history of HPV infection and ASIL is poorly documented...
- Relationship between regulatory T cells and immune activation in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients interrupting antiretroviral therapyLaurence Weiss
Faculte de Medecine, Universite Paris Descartes, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 5:e11659. 2010..However, the insufficient increase in the proportion and/or the decrease in the absolute number of Tregs result in a failure to control immune activation following TI...
- Increased polymorphism in the HR-1 gp41 env gene encoding the enfuvirtide (T-20) target in HIV-1 variants harboring multiple antiretroviral drug resistance mutations in the pol geneAli Si-Mohamed
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 44:1-5. 2007..Sequence variations in HR-1 gp41 env gene region encoding the target for T-20 have previously been reported among patients naive to inhibitory fusion...
- Anti-hepatitis B virus efficacy of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate in HIV-infected patientsYves Benhamou
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Hepatology 43:548-55. 2006..In conclusion, this retrospective analysis demonstrates the efficacy of TDF against wild-type, presumed precore mutants and LAM-resistant HBV when used as a part of anti-retroviral therapy in HIV-coinfected patients...
- High prevalence of anal human papillomavirus infection and anal cancer precursors among HIV-infected persons in the absence of anal intercourseChristophe Piketty
INSERM U 430 and Hôpital Européen Georges Pompidou, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
Ann Intern Med 138:453-9. 2003..Anal HPV infection and anal SIL are common in HIV-positive men who have sex with men; receptive anal intercourse is presumed to be the mode of acquisition of HPV...
- Toxic effects of nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors on the liver. Value of electron microscopy analysis for the diagnosis of mitochondrial cytopathyJean Paul Duong Van Huyen
Department of Pathology, European Georges Pomoidou Hospital, INSEM U430, Broussais Hospital, Paris, France
Am J Clin Pathol 119:546-55. 2003....
- Pharmacokinetics of etravirine, raltegravir and darunavir/ritonavir in treatment experienced patientsAurélie Barrail-Tran
AP HP, Hospital Bicetre, Paris, France
AIDS 24:2581-3. 2010..118 and 3837 vs. 2241 ng/ml) and darunavir area under the curve (AUC(12h)) (50 083 vs. 36 277 ng h/ml). All pharmacokinetic parameters appeared to be highly variable regardless to the addition of etravirine...
- Effect of early syphilis infection on plasma viral load and CD4 cell count in human immunodeficiency virus-infected men: results from the FHDH-ANRS CO4 cohortWitold Jarzebowski
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Groupe Hospitalier Cochin Broca Hôtel Dieu, Unité de Biostatistique et Epidémiologie, Paris, France
Arch Intern Med 172:1237-43. 2012..Concomitant syphilis and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection is increasingly frequent in industrialized countries...
- Acquired resistance to echinocandins in Candida albicans: case report and reviewMarie Thérèse Baixench
Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, AP HP, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Unité de Parasitologie Mycologie, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 59:1076-83. 2007..Four C. albicans isolates were serially recovered before and after caspofungin treatment. A microbiological study was performed to characterize these four isolates...
- Unusual pulmonary Enterocytozoon bieneusi microsporidiosis in an AIDS patient: case report and reviewMustapha Sodqi
Department of Immunology, European Hospital Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Scand J Infect Dis 36:230-1. 2004..We report here the fifth case of pulmonary localization of E. bieneusi in a severe immunocompromized HIV-infected patient with intestinal and pulmonary symptoms...
- Sustained high proportion of zidovudine-resistant HIV variants despite prolonged substitution of zidovudine by other nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitorsLaurent Belec
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
J Med Virol 68:1-6. 2002....
- A population analysis of weight-related differences in lopinavir pharmacokinetics and possible consequences for protease inhibitor-naive and -experienced patientsMarion Bouillon-Pichault
Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 14:923-9. 2009..However, the probability to achieve these target C(troughs) with the current 400 mg twice-daily or 800 mg once-daily doses of the new tablet form, and the influence of body weight on this probability are unknown...
- Characteristics of non-Hodgkin lymphoma arising in HIV-infected patients with suppressed HIV replicationLaurence Gerard
Service d immunopathologie clinique, Hopital Saint Louis, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France
AIDS 23:2301-8. 2009..Despite effective treatment of HIV infection, some patients still develop non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL). We analysed patients with HIV-associated NHL and undetectable plasma HIV-RNA, according to the duration of HIV suppression...
- Polyacrylamide hydrogel injection in the management of human immunodeficiency virus-related facial lipoatrophy: results of the LIPOPHILL open-label studyBernard Mole
APHP, Service d immunologie clinique, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 28:251-8. 2012..Polyacrylamide hydrogel injections were well tolerated and significantly improved the aesthetic aspect and quality of life of HIV-infected patients with facial lipoatrophy...
- Renal function in antiretroviral-experienced patients treated with tenofovir disoproxil fumarate associated with atazanavir/ritonavirLaurence Gerard
INSERM SC10, Villejuif, France
Antivir Ther 12:31-9. 2007....
- Renal lesions in HIV-1-positive patient treated with tenofovirCaroline Creput
AIDS 17:935-7. 2003
- Interactions between atazanavir-ritonavir and tenofovir in heavily pretreated human immunodeficiency virus-infected patientsAnne Marie Taburet
Clinical Pharmacy, Hospital Bicêtre Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, 78 rue du General Leclerc, 94270 Kremlin Bicetre, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:2091-6. 2004..The median decreases in the HIV RNA loads at week 2 and week 6 were 0.1 and 0.2 log copies/ml, respectively. In summary, our data are consistent with the existence of a significant interaction between atazanavir and tenofovir DF...
- Virological and immunological impact of non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor withdrawal in HIV-infected patients with multiple treatment failuresChristophe Piketty
AIDS 18:1469-71. 2004..The data suggest that in the presence of specific resistance mutations NNRTIexert no residual antiretroviral activity and could be withdrawn without viral rebound...
- Multidrug-resistant HIV-1 RNA and proviral DNA variants harboring new dipeptide insertions in the reverse transcriptase pol geneLaurent Andreoletti
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 29:102-4. 2002
- External validation of atazanavir/ritonavir genotypic score in HIV-1 protease inhibitor-experienced patientsAnne Genevieve Marcelin
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 42:127-8. 2006
- Dramatic interaction between levothyroxine and lopinavir/ritonavir in a HIV-infected patientMaxime Touzot
AIDS 20:1210-2. 2006
- Subgroup analyses of maraviroc in previously treated R5 HIV-1 infectionGerd Fatkenheuer
Universitätsklinik Köln, Cologne, Germany
N Engl J Med 359:1442-55. 2008....
- Maraviroc for previously treated patients with R5 HIV-1 infectionRoy M Gulick
Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10065, USA
N Engl J Med 359:1429-41. 2008..CC chemokine receptor 5 antagonists are a new class of antiretroviral agents...
- High seroprevalence of herpes simplex virus type 2 infection in French human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected outpatientsLaurent Andreoletti
Unite de Virologie Medicale, Unité d Hygiène Hospitalière et Service des Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital Robert Debre, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Reims, and IFR 53 EA 3798, Faculté de Médecine de Reims, Reims, France
J Clin Microbiol 43:4215-7. 2005....