- Marked increase in the incidence of invasive anal cancer among HIV-infected patients despite treatment with combination antiretroviral therapyChristophe Piketty
AP HP, Department of Clinical Immunology, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Rene Descartes University, Paris, France
AIDS 22:1203-11. 2008..To describe the cases of anal cancer that appeared in the French Hospital Database on HIV between 1992 and 2004 and to study risk factors of anal cancer...
- Salvage therapy with atazanavir/ritonavir combined to tenofovir in HIV-infected patients with multiple treatment failures: randomized ANRS 107 trialChristophe Piketty
Department of Immunology, Hôpital Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 11:213-21. 2006..Ritonavir (RTV)-boosted atazanavir (ATV) and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF-DF) are promising in highly experienced patients because of their pharmacokinetic profile, activity, safety and resistance properties...
- A high HIV DNA level in PBMCs at antiretroviral treatment interruption predicts a shorter time to treatment resumption, independently of the CD4 nadirChristophe Piketty
AP HP, Department of Clinical Immunology, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Paris, France
J Med Virol 82:1819-28. 2010..A high PBMC HIV DNA level at TI was a strong predictor for more rapid treatment resumption...
- Human papillomavirus-related cervical and anal disease in HIV-infected individuals in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapyChristophe Piketty
Departement d Immunologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
Curr HIV/AIDS Rep 2:140-5. 2005..Taken together, these lines of evidence support the need for developing anal and cervical cancer screening programs for patients with HIV, whether untreated or on HAART...
- High prevalence of anal squamous intraepithelial lesions in HIV-positive men despite the use of highly active antiretroviral therapyChristophe Piketty
Department of Immunology, INSERM U 430 and Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Sex Transm Dis 31:96-9. 2004..GOAL The goal of this study was to evaluate the prevalence of anal HPV infection and SIL inpatients under HAART...
- Dynamics of enfuvirtide resistance mutations in enfuvirtide-experienced patients remaining in virological failure under salvage therapyCharlotte Charpentier
Laboratoire de Virologie, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Scand J Infect Dis 43:373-9. 2011....
- Foscarnet salvage therapy efficacy is associated with the presence of thymidine-associated mutations (TAMs) in HIV-infected patientsCharlotte Charpentier
Laboratoire de Virologie, AP HP, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France Université Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, France
J Clin Virol 43:212-5. 2008..Salvage therapy based on foscarnet plus a thymidine analog is effective in patients with advanced-stage HIV disease and viruses harbouring multiple drug-resistance mutations...
- Foscarnet as salvage therapy in HIV-2-infected patient with antiretroviral treatment failureSophie Stegmann
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Service d immunologie clinique, Paris, France
J Clin Virol 47:79-81. 2010..Four months after the end of foscarnet therapy, HIV-2 plasma viral load remained undetectable. This case report suggests that foscarnet may represent a therapeutic option for HIV-2-infected patients exhibiting multidrug resistance...
- Sexually transmitted acute infection with a clustered genotype 4 hepatitis C virus in HIV-1-infected men and inefficacy of early antiviral therapyJeanne Serpaggi
Hepatology Unit, Necker Hospital, Paris, France
AIDS 20:233-40. 2006..Early treatment with standard interferon-alfa failed to prevent chronic evolution of HCV infection in this particular group of HIV-infected patients who had acquired this peculiar cluster of genotype 4 strains...
- High frequency of integrase Q148R minority variants in HIV-infected patients naive of integrase inhibitorsCharlotte Charpentier
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Laboratoire de Virologie, France
AIDS 24:867-73. 2010..Integrase positions 148 and 155 represent main determinants of resistance to integrase inhibitors. We assessed the prevalence of minority variants harboring such mutations in integrase-naive HIV-infected patients...
- Alteration of cytochrome oxidase subunit I labeling is associated with severe mitochondriopathy in NRTI-related hepatotoxicity in HIV patientsJean Paul Duong Van Huyen
Department of Pathology, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, université Paris V René Descartes, Paris, France
Mod Pathol 19:1277-88. 2006..The results of the study suggest that COX subunit I labeling may be a valuable tool for the diagnosis of mitochondrial liver disease in HIV patients...
- Relationship between regulatory T cells and immune activation in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients interrupting antiretroviral therapyLaurence Weiss
Faculte de Medecine, Universite Paris Descartes, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 5:e11659. 2010..However, the insufficient increase in the proportion and/or the decrease in the absolute number of Tregs result in a failure to control immune activation following TI. TRIAL REGISTRATION: ClinicalTrials.gov NCT00118677...
- Increased polymorphism in the HR-1 gp41 env gene encoding the enfuvirtide (T-20) target in HIV-1 variants harboring multiple antiretroviral drug resistance mutations in the pol geneAli Si-Mohamed
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 44:1-5. 2007..Sequence variations in HR-1 gp41 env gene region encoding the target for T-20 have previously been reported among patients naive to inhibitory fusion...
- Anti-hepatitis B virus efficacy of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate in HIV-infected patientsYves Benhamou
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Hepatology 43:548-55. 2006..In conclusion, this retrospective analysis demonstrates the efficacy of TDF against wild-type, presumed precore mutants and LAM-resistant HBV when used as a part of anti-retroviral therapy in HIV-coinfected patients...
- Toxic effects of nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors on the liver. Value of electron microscopy analysis for the diagnosis of mitochondrial cytopathyJean-Paul Duong Van Huyen
Department of Pathology, European Georges Pomoidou Hospital, INSEM U430, Broussais Hospital, Paris, France
Am J Clin Pathol 119:546-55. 2003....
- High prevalence of anal human papillomavirus infection and anal cancer precursors among HIV-infected persons in the absence of anal intercourseChristophe Piketty
INSERM U 430 and Hôpital Européen Georges Pompidou, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
Ann Intern Med 138:453-9. 2003..Anal HPV infection and anal SIL are common in HIV-positive men who have sex with men; receptive anal intercourse is presumed to be the mode of acquisition of HPV...
- Effect of early syphilis infection on plasma viral load and CD4 cell count in human immunodeficiency virus-infected men: results from the FHDH-ANRS CO4 cohortWitold Jarzebowski
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Groupe Hospitalier Cochin Broca Hôtel Dieu, Unité de Biostatistique et Epidémiologie, Paris, France
Arch Intern Med 172:1237-43. 2012..Concomitant syphilis and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection is increasingly frequent in industrialized countries...
- Unusual pulmonary Enterocytozoon bieneusi microsporidiosis in an AIDS patient: case report and reviewMustapha Sodqi
Department of Immunology, European Hospital Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Scand J Infect Dis 36:230-1. 2004..We report here the fifth case of pulmonary localization of E. bieneusi in a severe immunocompromized HIV-infected patient with intestinal and pulmonary symptoms...
- Acquired resistance to echinocandins in Candida albicans: case report and reviewMarie Thérèse Baixench
Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, AP HP, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Unité de Parasitologie Mycologie, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 59:1076-83. 2007..Four C. albicans isolates were serially recovered before and after caspofungin treatment. A microbiological study was performed to characterize these four isolates...
- Incidence of HIV-related anal cancer remains increased despite long-term combined antiretroviral treatment: results from the french hospital database on HIVChristophe Piketty
Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, France
J Clin Oncol 30:4360-6. 2012..To study recent trends in the incidence of anal cancer in HIV-infected patients receiving long-term combined antiretroviral treatment (cART) compared with the general population...
- Lack of regression of anal squamous intraepithelial lesions despite immune restoration under cARTChristophe Piketty
AP HP Service d Immunologie Clinique, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, France
AIDS 27:401-6. 2013..The impact of cART on the natural history of HPV infection and ASIL is poorly documented...
- Pharmacokinetics of etravirine, raltegravir and darunavir/ritonavir in treatment experienced patientsAurélie Barrail-Tran
AP HP, Hospital Bicetre, Paris, France
AIDS 24:2581-3. 2010..118 and 3837 vs. 2241 ng/ml) and darunavir area under the curve (AUC(12h)) (50 083 vs. 36 277 ng h/ml). All pharmacokinetic parameters appeared to be highly variable regardless to the addition of etravirine...
- Characteristics of non-Hodgkin lymphoma arising in HIV-infected patients with suppressed HIV replicationLaurence Gerard
Service d immunopathologie clinique, Hopital Saint Louis, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France
AIDS 23:2301-8. 2009..Despite effective treatment of HIV infection, some patients still develop non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL). We analysed patients with HIV-associated NHL and undetectable plasma HIV-RNA, according to the duration of HIV suppression...
- Polyacrylamide hydrogel injection in the management of human immunodeficiency virus-related facial lipoatrophy: results of the LIPOPHILL open-label studyBernard Mole
APHP, Service d immunologie clinique, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 28:251-8. 2012..Polyacrylamide hydrogel injections were well tolerated and significantly improved the aesthetic aspect and quality of life of HIV-infected patients with facial lipoatrophy...
- Sustained high proportion of zidovudine-resistant HIV variants despite prolonged substitution of zidovudine by other nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitorsLaurent Belec
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
J Med Virol 68:1-6. 2002....
- A population analysis of weight-related differences in lopinavir pharmacokinetics and possible consequences for protease inhibitor-naive and -experienced patientsMarion Bouillon-Pichault
Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 14:923-9. 2009..However, the probability to achieve these target C(troughs) with the current 400 mg twice-daily or 800 mg once-daily doses of the new tablet form, and the influence of body weight on this probability are unknown...
- Renal lesions in HIV-1-positive patient treated with tenofovirCaroline Creput
AIDS 17:935-7. 2003
- Renal function in antiretroviral-experienced patients treated with tenofovir disoproxil fumarate associated with atazanavir/ritonavirLaurence Gerard
INSERM SC10, Villejuif, France
Antivir Ther 12:31-9. 2007....
- Interactions between atazanavir-ritonavir and tenofovir in heavily pretreated human immunodeficiency virus-infected patientsAnne Marie Taburet
Clinical Pharmacy, Hospital Bicêtre Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, 78 rue du General Leclerc, 94270 Kremlin Bicetre, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:2091-6. 2004..The median decreases in the HIV RNA loads at week 2 and week 6 were 0.1 and 0.2 log copies/ml, respectively. In summary, our data are consistent with the existence of a significant interaction between atazanavir and tenofovir DF...
- Virological and immunological impact of non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor withdrawal in HIV-infected patients with multiple treatment failuresChristophe Piketty
AIDS 18:1469-71. 2004..The data suggest that in the presence of specific resistance mutations NNRTIexert no residual antiretroviral activity and could be withdrawn without viral rebound...
- Multidrug-resistant HIV-1 RNA and proviral DNA variants harboring new dipeptide insertions in the reverse transcriptase pol geneLaurent Andreoletti
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 29:102-4. 2002
- External validation of atazanavir/ritonavir genotypic score in HIV-1 protease inhibitor-experienced patientsAnne Genevieve Marcelin
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 42:127-8. 2006
- Subgroup analyses of maraviroc in previously treated R5 HIV-1 infectionGerd Fatkenheuer
Universitätsklinik Köln, Cologne, Germany
N Engl J Med 359:1442-55. 2008....
- Maraviroc for previously treated patients with R5 HIV-1 infectionRoy M Gulick
Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10065, USA
N Engl J Med 359:1429-41. 2008..CC chemokine receptor 5 antagonists are a new class of antiretroviral agents...
- Dramatic interaction between levothyroxine and lopinavir/ritonavir in a HIV-infected patientMaxime Touzot
AIDS 20:1210-2. 2006
- High seroprevalence of herpes simplex virus type 2 infection in French human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected outpatientsLaurent Andreoletti
Unite de Virologie Medicale, Unité d Hygiène Hospitalière et Service des Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital Robert Debre, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Reims, and IFR 53 EA 3798, Faculté de Médecine de Reims, Reims, France
J Clin Microbiol 43:4215-7. 2005....