- Double-blind placebo-controlled trial of oral dehydroepiandrosterone in patients with advanced HIV diseaseC Piketty
Unité d Immunologie Clinique and Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 55:325-30. 2001..Here, we report on the efficacy and safety of the oral administration of DHEA as replacement therapy, in patients with advanced HIV disease, in a trial that was primarily aimed at assessing quality of life...
- Dynamics of HIV-1 DNA level in highly antiretroviral-experienced patients receiving raltegravir-based therapyC Charpentier
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Laboratoire de Virologie, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 31:129-33. 2012..The potent action of RAL-containing treatment observed in the CD4 T cells compartment may suggest a pronounced reduced inhibition in the pool of regenerating CD4 T cells on a RAL-based therapy...
- Long-term clinical outcome of human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients with discordant immunologic and virologic responses to a protease inhibitor-containing regimenC Piketty
Department of Immunology, INSERM U430 and Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
J Infect Dis 183:1328-35. 2001..The results support the relevance of the CD4 cell marker over plasma HIV load for predicting clinical outcome in patients who do not achieve full immunologic and virologic responses...
- Efficacy and safety of ritonavir-boosted dual protease inhibitor therapy in antiretroviral-naive HIV-1-infected patients: the 2IP ANRS 127 studyRoland Landman
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 64:118-25. 2009..We evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of ritonavir-boosted dual protease inhibitor as a nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor-sparing regimen in a prospective open-label randomized pilot trial in antiretroviral-naive patients...
- Drug resistance profiles for the HIV integrase gene in patients failing raltegravir salvage therapyC Charpentier
Laboratoire de Virologie, AP HP, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
HIV Med 9:765-70. 2008..Here, we describe the development of RAL resistance, in both plasmatic and cellular compartments, in three heavily pretreated HIV-infected patients failing RAL-containing regimens...
- Efavirenz replacement by immediate full-dose nevirapine is safe in HIV-1-infected patients in CambodiaD Laureillard
APHP, Department of Immunology, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Paris, France
HIV Med 9:514-8. 2008..A switch to nevirapine is regularly carried out because of the cost and side effects of efavirenz. Pharmacokinetic studies suggested that nevirapine should be initiated at full dose when used as a substitute for efavirenz...
- Lack of legal income is strongly associated with an increased risk of AIDS and death in HIV-infected injecting drug usersC Piketty
Unite d immunologie, Hopital Broussais, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
AIDS Care 11:429-36. 1999..2 (1.5-18.1) (p = 0.004). Lack of legal income is a strong risk factor for progression of HIV disease in IDUs, that is independent of CD4 cell count and p24 antigenemia...
- Long-term efficacy of combination therapy with interferon-alpha 2b and ribavirin for severe chronic hepatitis C in HIV-infected patientsA Landau
Department of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, , Paris, France
AIDS 15:2149-55. 2001..03 and 14.3 +/- 28.7 versus 22.5 +/- 23, P = 0.05, respectively). CONCLUSION: Our results indicate that combination therapy with IFN and RBV is effective in approximately 20% of co-infected patients with severe liver disease...
- Low increase in serum lipids in patients receiving a combination of ritonavir, saquinavir and efavirenzC Piketty
Service d'Immunologie Clinique, , Paris, France
HIV Med 3:287-9. 2002
- Monitoring plasma levels of ganciclovir in AIDS patients receiving oral ganciclovir as maintenance therapy for CMV retinitisC Piketty
Department of Immunologie Clinique INSERM U 430, Hopital Broussais, Paris, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 6:117-20. 2000..To investigate whether low ganciclovir serum levels in patients on maintenance oral ganciclovir therapy are associated with recurrence of CMV retinitis...
- A high HIV DNA level in PBMCs at antiretroviral treatment interruption predicts a shorter time to treatment resumption, independently of the CD4 nadirChristophe Piketty
AP HP, Department of Clinical Immunology, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Paris, France
J Med Virol 82:1819-28. 2010..A high PBMC HIV DNA level at TI was a strong predictor for more rapid treatment resumption...
- Antiviral activity of low-dose alovudine in antiretroviral-experienced patients: results from a 4-week randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled dose-ranging trialJ Ghosn
Service des Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
HIV Med 8:142-7. 2007..88 log(10) HIV-1 RNA copies/mL. The magnitude of the reduction in viral load suggested that lower doses might still be effective while offering adequate safety during long-term use...
- Assessment of cetirizine, an antihistamine, to prevent cutaneous reactions to nevirapine therapy: results of the viramune-zyrtec double-blind, placebo-controlled trialO Launay
Service de Medecine Interne, Hopital Cochin Port Royal Saint Vincent de Paul, AP HP, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 38:e66-72. 2004..83; 95% CI, 1.4-10.46; P=.008) was associated with an increased risk of rash. Cetirizine has no preventive effect on nevirapine-associated rash...
- HIV-1 DNA for the measurement of the HIV reservoir is predictive of disease progression in seroconverters whatever the mode of result expression isVéronique Avettand-Fenoel
AP HP, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Laboratoire de Virologie, Paris, France
J Clin Virol 42:399-404. 2008..Previously, HIV-DNA levels have sometimes been reported by other means: copies/10(6) CD4(+)T cells, reflecting the proportion of infected cells; or copies/mL whole blood, reflecting the global blood reservoir size...
- Efficacy and safety of etravirine in treatment-experienced, HIV-1 patients: pooled 48 week analysis of two randomized, controlled trialsChristine Katlama
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris VI and Hôpital Pitié Salpêtrière, Paris, France
AIDS 23:2289-300. 2009....
- Intramedullary abscess resulting from disseminated cryptococcosis despite immune restoration in a patient with AIDSJ Rambeloarisoa
Service d'Immunologie Clinique, , Paris, France
J Infect 44:185-8. 2002..Finally, this case raises the question of when to stop secondary prophylaxis of cryptococcal disease after increase in CD4 cell count under antiretroviral therapy...
- Immunological efficacy of a three-dose schedule of hepatitis A vaccine in HIV-infected adults: HEPAVAC studyOdile Launay
Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 49:272-5. 2008..The immunogenicity of vaccines, including vaccine against hepatitis A virus (HAV), is impaired in patients with HIV infection, requiring revised immunization regimens...
- Immunological and virological features of HIV-infected patients with increasing CD4 cell numbers despite virological failure during protease inhibitor-based therapyL Weiss
Service d immunologie clinique, Université Pierre et Marie Curie and Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U430, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
HIV Med 3:12-20. 2002..To investigate the extent of functional T cell recovery and to characterize plasma virus and virus producing cells in patients with increasing CD4 cell counts despite virological failure during protease inhibitor (PI) based therapy...
- Cryptococcal neuroradiological lesions correlate with severity during cryptococcal meningoencephalitis in HIV-positive patients in the HAART eraCaroline Charlier
Centre National de Référence Mycologie et Antifongiques, Unité de Mycologie Moléculaire, CNRS URA 3012, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 3:e1950. 2008..Given this, we suggest that investigation for cryptococcosis-related lesions is merited, even in the absence of neurological abnormality, if a high fungal burden is suspected on the basis of high serum and/or CSF antigen titers...
- Risk for opportunistic disease and death after reinitiating continuous antiretroviral therapy in patients with HIV previously receiving episodic therapy: a randomized trialW M El-Sadr
Ann Intern Med 149:289-99. 2008..Episodic antiretroviral therapy, as used in the SMART study, should be avoided...
- Major clinical outcomes in antiretroviral therapy (ART)-naive participants and in those not receiving ART at baseline in the SMART studySean Emery
Therapeutic and Vaccine Research Program, National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research, University of New South Wales, 376 Victoria St, Sydney, NSW 2010, Australia
J Infect Dis 197:1133-44. 2008..In the DC group, participants started ART when the CD4+ cell count was <250 cells/microL. Clinical outcomes in participants not receiving ART at entry inform the early use of ART...
- Inferior clinical outcome of the CD4+ cell count-guided antiretroviral treatment interruption strategy in the SMART study: role of CD4+ Cell counts and HIV RNA levels during follow-upJens D Lundgren
Copenhagen HIV Programme CHIP, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Panum Institute, 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
J Infect Dis 197:1145-55. 2008..Rates and predictors of opportunistic disease or death (OD/death) and the relative risk (RR) in DC versus VS groups according to the latest CD4+ cell count and HIV RNA level are reported...
- [Primary pulmonary hypertension in human immunodeficiency virus infection. Study of 9 cases amd review of the literature]P Le Houssine
Service d'Immunologie Clinique, , 20, rue Leblanc, 75908 Paris, France
Rev Med Interne 22:1196-203. 2001..While the life expectancy of HIV-infected patients extends, primary pulmonary hypertension occurrence could increase and call for early diagnosis, thus allowing for specific care...
- [Castleman's disease in patients infected with HIV]L Aaron
Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, , 149, , 75743 Paris, France
Rev Med Interne 23:155-63. 2002..However, antiviral therapy against HHV8 or HIV and the immunitary restoration do not have any influence on the evolution of Castleman's disease, contrary to opportunistic infections...
- Severe liver mitochondriopathy with normal liver histology and normal lactate levels in patients receiving nucleoside analoguesD Batisse
AIDS 16:2370-1. 2002