- High prevalence of anal human papillomavirus infection and anal cancer precursors among HIV-infected persons in the absence of anal intercourseChristophe Piketty
INSERM U 430 and Hôpital Européen Georges Pompidou, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
Ann Intern Med 138:453-9. 2003..Anal HPV infection and anal SIL are common in HIV-positive men who have sex with men; receptive anal intercourse is presumed to be the mode of acquisition of HPV...
- Assessment of cetirizine, an antihistamine, to prevent cutaneous reactions to nevirapine therapy: results of the viramune-zyrtec double-blind, placebo-controlled trialO Launay
Service de Medecine Interne, Hopital Cochin Port Royal Saint Vincent de Paul, AP HP, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 38:e66-72. 2004..83; 95% CI, 1.4-10.46; P=.008) was associated with an increased risk of rash. Cetirizine has no preventive effect on nevirapine-associated rash...
- High prevalence of anal squamous intraepithelial lesions in HIV-positive men despite the use of highly active antiretroviral therapyChristophe Piketty
Department of Immunology, INSERM U 430 and Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Sex Transm Dis 31:96-9. 2004..GOAL The goal of this study was to evaluate the prevalence of anal HPV infection and SIL inpatients under HAART...
- Long-term clinical outcome of human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients with discordant immunologic and virologic responses to a protease inhibitor-containing regimenC Piketty
Department of Immunology, INSERM U430 and Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
J Infect Dis 183:1328-35. 2001..The results support the relevance of the CD4 cell marker over plasma HIV load for predicting clinical outcome in patients who do not achieve full immunologic and virologic responses...
- Dynamics of HIV-1 DNA level in highly antiretroviral-experienced patients receiving raltegravir-based therapyC Charpentier
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Laboratoire de Virologie, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 31:129-33. 2012..The potent action of RAL-containing treatment observed in the CD4 T cells compartment may suggest a pronounced reduced inhibition in the pool of regenerating CD4 T cells on a RAL-based therapy...
- Lack of legal income is strongly associated with an increased risk of AIDS and death in HIV-infected injecting drug usersC Piketty
Unite d immunologie, Hopital Broussais, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
AIDS Care 11:429-36. 1999..2 (1.5-18.1) (p = 0.004). Lack of legal income is a strong risk factor for progression of HIV disease in IDUs, that is independent of CD4 cell count and p24 antigenemia...
- Efavirenz replacement by immediate full-dose nevirapine is safe in HIV-1-infected patients in CambodiaD Laureillard
APHP, Department of Immunology, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Paris, France
HIV Med 9:514-8. 2008..A switch to nevirapine is regularly carried out because of the cost and side effects of efavirenz. Pharmacokinetic studies suggested that nevirapine should be initiated at full dose when used as a substitute for efavirenz...
- Drug resistance profiles for the HIV integrase gene in patients failing raltegravir salvage therapyC Charpentier
Laboratoire de Virologie, AP HP, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
HIV Med 9:765-70. 2008..Here, we describe the development of RAL resistance, in both plasmatic and cellular compartments, in three heavily pretreated HIV-infected patients failing RAL-containing regimens...
- Immunological and virological features of HIV-infected patients with increasing CD4 cell numbers despite virological failure during protease inhibitor-based therapyL Weiss
Service d immunologie clinique, Université Pierre et Marie Curie and Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U430, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
HIV Med 3:12-20. 2002..To investigate the extent of functional T cell recovery and to characterize plasma virus and virus producing cells in patients with increasing CD4 cell counts despite virological failure during protease inhibitor (PI) based therapy...
- Efficacy and safety of ritonavir-boosted dual protease inhibitor therapy in antiretroviral-naive HIV-1-infected patients: the 2IP ANRS 127 studyRoland Landman
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 64:118-25. 2009..We evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of ritonavir-boosted dual protease inhibitor as a nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor-sparing regimen in a prospective open-label randomized pilot trial in antiretroviral-naive patients...
- Salvage therapy with atazanavir/ritonavir combined to tenofovir in HIV-infected patients with multiple treatment failures: randomized ANRS 107 trialChristophe Piketty
Department of Immunology, Hôpital Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 11:213-21. 2006..Ritonavir (RTV)-boosted atazanavir (ATV) and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF-DF) are promising in highly experienced patients because of their pharmacokinetic profile, activity, safety and resistance properties...
- Antiviral activity of low-dose alovudine in antiretroviral-experienced patients: results from a 4-week randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled dose-ranging trialJ Ghosn
Service des Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
HIV Med 8:142-7. 2007..88 log(10) HIV-1 RNA copies/mL. The magnitude of the reduction in viral load suggested that lower doses might still be effective while offering adequate safety during long-term use...
- Long-term efficacy of combination therapy with interferon-alpha 2b and ribavirin for severe chronic hepatitis C in HIV-infected patientsA Landau
Department of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, , Paris, France
AIDS 15:2149-55. 2001..03 and 14.3 +/- 28.7 versus 22.5 +/- 23, P = 0.05, respectively). CONCLUSION: Our results indicate that combination therapy with IFN and RBV is effective in approximately 20% of co-infected patients with severe liver disease...
- A high HIV DNA level in PBMCs at antiretroviral treatment interruption predicts a shorter time to treatment resumption, independently of the CD4 nadirChristophe Piketty
AP HP, Department of Clinical Immunology, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Paris, France
J Med Virol 82:1819-28. 2010..A high PBMC HIV DNA level at TI was a strong predictor for more rapid treatment resumption...
- Monitoring plasma levels of ganciclovir in AIDS patients receiving oral ganciclovir as maintenance therapy for CMV retinitisC Piketty
Department of Immunologie Clinique INSERM U 430, Hopital Broussais, Paris, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 6:117-20. 2000..To investigate whether low ganciclovir serum levels in patients on maintenance oral ganciclovir therapy are associated with recurrence of CMV retinitis...
- Double-blind placebo-controlled trial of oral dehydroepiandrosterone in patients with advanced HIV diseaseC Piketty
Unité d Immunologie Clinique and Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 55:325-30. 2001..Here, we report on the efficacy and safety of the oral administration of DHEA as replacement therapy, in patients with advanced HIV disease, in a trial that was primarily aimed at assessing quality of life...
- Sexually transmitted acute infection with a clustered genotype 4 hepatitis C virus in HIV-1-infected men and inefficacy of early antiviral therapyJeanne Serpaggi
Hepatology Unit, Necker Hospital, Paris, France
AIDS 20:233-40. 2006..Early treatment with standard interferon-alfa failed to prevent chronic evolution of HCV infection in this particular group of HIV-infected patients who had acquired this peculiar cluster of genotype 4 strains...
- Anti-hepatitis B virus efficacy of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate in HIV-infected patientsYves Benhamou
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Hepatology 43:548-55. 2006..In conclusion, this retrospective analysis demonstrates the efficacy of TDF against wild-type, presumed precore mutants and LAM-resistant HBV when used as a part of anti-retroviral therapy in HIV-coinfected patients...
- Human papillomavirus-related cervical and anal disease in HIV-infected individuals in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapyChristophe Piketty
Departement d Immunologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
Curr HIV/AIDS Rep 2:140-5. 2005..Taken together, these lines of evidence support the need for developing anal and cervical cancer screening programs for patients with HIV, whether untreated or on HAART...
- Foscarnet salvage therapy efficacy is associated with the presence of thymidine-associated mutations (TAMs) in HIV-infected patientsCharlotte Charpentier
Laboratoire de Virologie, AP HP, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France Université Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, France
J Clin Virol 43:212-5. 2008..Salvage therapy based on foscarnet plus a thymidine analog is effective in patients with advanced-stage HIV disease and viruses harbouring multiple drug-resistance mutations...
- Low increase in serum lipids in patients receiving a combination of ritonavir, saquinavir and efavirenzC Piketty
Service d'Immunologie Clinique, , Paris, France
HIV Med 3:287-9. 2002
- HIV-1 DNA for the measurement of the HIV reservoir is predictive of disease progression in seroconverters whatever the mode of result expression isVéronique Avettand-Fenoel
AP HP, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Laboratoire de Virologie, Paris, France
J Clin Virol 42:399-404. 2008..Previously, HIV-DNA levels have sometimes been reported by other means: copies/10(6) CD4(+)T cells, reflecting the proportion of infected cells; or copies/mL whole blood, reflecting the global blood reservoir size...
- High levels of drug-resistant human immunodeficiency virus variants in patients exhibiting increasing CD4+ T cell counts despite virologic failure of protease inhibitor-containing antiretroviral combination therapyL Belec
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Broussais, 75 674 Paris Cedex 14, France
J Infect Dis 181:1808-12. 2000..The clinical course of this group of patients calls into question the relevance of genotypic resistance and plasma human immunodeficiency virus RNA level as surrogate markers in patients receiving HAART...
- Marked increase in the incidence of invasive anal cancer among HIV-infected patients despite treatment with combination antiretroviral therapyChristophe Piketty
AP HP, Department of Clinical Immunology, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Rene Descartes University, Paris, France
AIDS 22:1203-11. 2008..To describe the cases of anal cancer that appeared in the French Hospital Database on HIV between 1992 and 2004 and to study risk factors of anal cancer...
- Interactions between atazanavir-ritonavir and tenofovir in heavily pretreated human immunodeficiency virus-infected patientsAnne Marie Taburet
Clinical Pharmacy, Hospital Bicêtre Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, 78 rue du General Leclerc, 94270 Kremlin Bicetre, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:2091-6. 2004..The median decreases in the HIV RNA loads at week 2 and week 6 were 0.1 and 0.2 log copies/ml, respectively. In summary, our data are consistent with the existence of a significant interaction between atazanavir and tenofovir DF...
- Sustained high proportion of zidovudine-resistant HIV variants despite prolonged substitution of zidovudine by other nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitorsLaurent Belec
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
J Med Virol 68:1-6. 2002....
- Toxic effects of nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors on the liver. Value of electron microscopy analysis for the diagnosis of mitochondrial cytopathyJean-Paul Duong Van Huyen
Department of Pathology, European Georges Pomoidou Hospital, INSEM U430, Broussais Hospital, Paris, France
Am J Clin Pathol 119:546-55. 2003....
- Alteration of cytochrome oxidase subunit I labeling is associated with severe mitochondriopathy in NRTI-related hepatotoxicity in HIV patientsJean Paul Duong Van Huyen
Department of Pathology, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, université Paris V René Descartes, Paris, France
Mod Pathol 19:1277-88. 2006..The results of the study suggest that COX subunit I labeling may be a valuable tool for the diagnosis of mitochondrial liver disease in HIV patients...
- Efficacy and safety of etravirine in treatment-experienced, HIV-1 patients: pooled 48 week analysis of two randomized, controlled trialsChristine Katlama
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris VI and Hôpital Pitié Salpêtrière, Paris, France
AIDS 23:2289-300. 2009....
- Foscarnet as salvage therapy in HIV-2-infected patient with antiretroviral treatment failureSophie Stegmann
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Service d immunologie clinique, Paris, France
J Clin Virol 47:79-81. 2010..Four months after the end of foscarnet therapy, HIV-2 plasma viral load remained undetectable. This case report suggests that foscarnet may represent a therapeutic option for HIV-2-infected patients exhibiting multidrug resistance...
- Intramedullary abscess resulting from disseminated cryptococcosis despite immune restoration in a patient with AIDSJ Rambeloarisoa
Service d'Immunologie Clinique, , Paris, France
J Infect 44:185-8. 2002..Finally, this case raises the question of when to stop secondary prophylaxis of cryptococcal disease after increase in CD4 cell count under antiretroviral therapy...
- Cryptococcal neuroradiological lesions correlate with severity during cryptococcal meningoencephalitis in HIV-positive patients in the HAART eraCaroline Charlier
Centre National de Référence Mycologie et Antifongiques, Unité de Mycologie Moléculaire, CNRS URA 3012, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 3:e1950. 2008..Given this, we suggest that investigation for cryptococcosis-related lesions is merited, even in the absence of neurological abnormality, if a high fungal burden is suspected on the basis of high serum and/or CSF antigen titers...
- Acquired resistance to echinocandins in Candida albicans: case report and reviewMarie Thérèse Baixench
Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, AP HP, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Unité de Parasitologie Mycologie, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 59:1076-83. 2007..Four C. albicans isolates were serially recovered before and after caspofungin treatment. A microbiological study was performed to characterize these four isolates...
- Increased polymorphism in the HR-1 gp41 env gene encoding the enfuvirtide (T-20) target in HIV-1 variants harboring multiple antiretroviral drug resistance mutations in the pol geneAli Si-Mohamed
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 44:1-5. 2007..Sequence variations in HR-1 gp41 env gene region encoding the target for T-20 have previously been reported among patients naive to inhibitory fusion...
- Relationship between regulatory T cells and immune activation in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients interrupting antiretroviral therapyLaurence Weiss
Faculte de Medecine, Universite Paris Descartes, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 5:e11659. 2010..However, the insufficient increase in the proportion and/or the decrease in the absolute number of Tregs result in a failure to control immune activation following TI. TRIAL REGISTRATION: ClinicalTrials.gov NCT00118677...
- Immunological efficacy of a three-dose schedule of hepatitis A vaccine in HIV-infected adults: HEPAVAC studyOdile Launay
Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 49:272-5. 2008..The immunogenicity of vaccines, including vaccine against hepatitis A virus (HAV), is impaired in patients with HIV infection, requiring revised immunization regimens...
- Unusual pulmonary Enterocytozoon bieneusi microsporidiosis in an AIDS patient: case report and reviewMustapha Sodqi
Department of Immunology, European Hospital Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Scand J Infect Dis 36:230-1. 2004..We report here the fifth case of pulmonary localization of E. bieneusi in a severe immunocompromized HIV-infected patient with intestinal and pulmonary symptoms...
- A population analysis of weight-related differences in lopinavir pharmacokinetics and possible consequences for protease inhibitor-naive and -experienced patientsMarion Bouillon-Pichault
Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 14:923-9. 2009..However, the probability to achieve these target C(troughs) with the current 400 mg twice-daily or 800 mg once-daily doses of the new tablet form, and the influence of body weight on this probability are unknown...
- External validation of atazanavir/ritonavir genotypic score in HIV-1 protease inhibitor-experienced patientsAnne Genevieve Marcelin
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 42:127-8. 2006
- Virological and immunological impact of non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor withdrawal in HIV-infected patients with multiple treatment failuresChristophe Piketty
AIDS 18:1469-71. 2004..The data suggest that in the presence of specific resistance mutations NNRTIexert no residual antiretroviral activity and could be withdrawn without viral rebound...
- Multidrug-resistant HIV-1 RNA and proviral DNA variants harboring new dipeptide insertions in the reverse transcriptase pol geneLaurent Andreoletti
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 29:102-4. 2002
- Subgroup analyses of maraviroc in previously treated R5 HIV-1 infectionGerd Fatkenheuer
Universitätsklinik Köln, Cologne, Germany
N Engl J Med 359:1442-55. 2008....
- Maraviroc for previously treated patients with R5 HIV-1 infectionRoy M Gulick
Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10065, USA
N Engl J Med 359:1429-41. 2008..CC chemokine receptor 5 antagonists are a new class of antiretroviral agents...
- Renal lesions in HIV-1-positive patient treated with tenofovirCaroline Creput
AIDS 17:935-7. 2003
- Dramatic interaction between levothyroxine and lopinavir/ritonavir in a HIV-infected patientMaxime Touzot
AIDS 20:1210-2. 2006
- Renal function in antiretroviral-experienced patients treated with tenofovir disoproxil fumarate associated with atazanavir/ritonavirLaurence Gerard
INSERM SC10, Villejuif, France
Antivir Ther 12:31-9. 2007....
- High seroprevalence of herpes simplex virus type 2 infection in French human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected outpatientsLaurent Andreoletti
Unite de Virologie Medicale, Unité d Hygiène Hospitalière et Service des Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital Robert Debre, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Reims, and IFR 53 EA 3798, Faculté de Médecine de Reims, Reims, France
J Clin Microbiol 43:4215-7. 2005....