- Efficacy and tolerability of paracetamol/tramadol (325 mg/37.5 mg) combination treatment compared with tramadol (50 mg) monotherapy in patients with subacute low back pain: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, parallel-group, 10-day treatment studySerge Perrot
Service de Medicine Interne et Consultation de la Douleur, Hôpital Dieu, Paris, France
Clin Ther 28:1592-606. 2006..In various pain studies, the single-dose combination of paracetamol/tramadol (PIT) was found to be more effective than either agent alone. PIT could provide benefit in patients with subacute low back pain (LBP)...
- Fibromyalgia: harmonizing science with clinical practice considerationsSerge Perrot
Center de la Douleur et Service de Médecine Interne, Hotel Dieu, University Paris 5 Descartes, Paris, France
Pain Pract 8:177-89. 2008..This review summarizes the present and emerging knowledge base on the pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management of fibromyalgia...
- Fibromyalgia syndrome: a relevant recent construction of an ancient condition?Serge Perrot
Service de Médecine Interne et Centre de la Douleur, Hotel Dieu, Paris, France
Curr Opin Support Palliat Care 2:122-7. 2008..This syndrome is poorly understood and not widely accepted as a distinct clinical entity but an increasing number of pharmacological and nonpharmacological treatments are being developed for its management...
- "Feeling better" or "feeling well" in usual care of hip and knee osteoarthritis pain: determination of cutoff points for patient acceptable symptom state (PASS) and minimal clinically important improvement (MCII) at rest and on movement in a national multSerge Perrot
Service de Médecine Interne et Thérapeutique, Hotel Dieu, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris Descartes, INSERM U 987, Paris, France
Pain 154:248-56. 2013..Assessments of the treatment of painful osteoarthritis should be adapted to the characteristics and daily life of the patient, to personalize patient management...
- If fibromyalgia did not exist, we should have invented it. A short history of a controversial syndromeS Perrot
Reumatismo 64:186-93. 2012....
- Societal and individual burden of illness among fibromyalgia patients in France: association between disease severity and OMERACT core domainsSerge Perrot
Service de Médecine Interne et Thérapeutique, Consultation de la douleur, Hotel Dieu Hospital, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 13:22. 2012..This study aimed to provide an assessment of the burden of illness associated with FM in France and its association with disease severity and core domains as defined by Outcome Measures in Rheumatology Clinical Trials (OMERACT) for FM...
- [Steroid-induced myopathy]Serge Perrot
Universite Paris Descartes, Hotel Dieu, Service de Médecine Interne et Thérapeutique, INSERM U 987, 75004 Paris, France
Presse Med 41:422-6. 2012..Treatment is unspecific, mostly based on the prevention that should firstly consider steroid dosage reduction...
- [Steroid-induced osteoporosis]Serge Perrot
Universite Paris Descartes, Hotel Dieu, Service de Médecine Interne et Thérapeutique, INSERM U 987, 75004 Paris, France
Presse Med 41:406-13. 2012..To guide treatment strategies, several recommendations are available: French, not updated recommendations since 2003 (Afssaps, 2003), European elaborated by the EULAR in 2007 and those of the ACR updated in 2010...
- A patient survey of the impact of fibromyalgia and the journey to diagnosisErnest Choy
Sir Alfred Baring Garrod Clinical Trials Unit, Academic Department of Rheumatology, King s College London, UK
BMC Health Serv Res 10:102. 2010..This survey examined the patient journey to having their condition diagnosed and studied the impact of the condition on their life...
- Bone pain due to fractures revealing osteomalacia related to tenofovir-induced proximal renal tubular dysfunction in a human immunodeficiency virus-infected patientSerge Perrot
Hopital Hotel Dieu, Medecine Interne, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
J Clin Rheumatol 15:72-4. 2009..Several factors that increased the renal toxicity of tenofovir included low body mass index, concomitant use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents, and other antiretroviral drugs, including ritonavir...
- "When will I recover?" A national survey on patients' and physicians' expectations concerning the recovery time for acute back painSerge Perrot
Service de Medecine Interne et Consultation de la Douleur, Université Paris 5 Descartes, Hotel Dieu, 1 Place du Parvis Notre Dame, 75004, Paris France
Eur Spine J 18:419-29. 2009..Patients' predictions of recovery time should be assessed in acute back pain, to identify risks for expected chronicity...
- Active or passive pain coping strategies in hip and knee osteoarthritis? Results of a national survey of 4,719 patients in a primary care settingS Perrot
Hopital Hotel Dieu, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Université Paris 5 Descartes, Paris, France
Arthritis Rheum 59:1555-62. 2008..To study pain coping strategies in patients with hip and knee osteoarthritis (OA), and to assess the psychometric qualities of the French version of the Pain Coping Inventory (PCI)...
- Correlates of pain intensity in men and women with hip and knee osteoarthritis. Results of a national survey: The French ARTHRIX studySerge Perrot
Hopital Hotel Dieu, Paris, France
Clin J Pain 25:767-72. 2009..To examine the clinical and demographic correlates of pain intensity in patients with hip and knee osteoarthritis (OA)...
- Are joint and soft tissue injections painful? Results of a national French cross-sectional study of procedural pain in rheumatological practiceSerge Perrot
Service de Médecine Interne et Thérapeutique, Hopital Hotel Dieu, Universite Paris Descartes, Unité INSERM U987, Paris, France
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 11:16. 2010..Contrary to other procedures, e.g. performed in pediatric care, little is known about the frequency, the intensity and the management of procedural pain observed in osteo-articular injections in daily practice...
- Comparison of daily, weekly or monthly pain assessments in hip and knee osteoarthritis. A 29-day prospective studySerge Perrot
INSERM U 987, Service de Médecine Interne et Thérapeutique, Hopital Hotel Dieu, Universite Paris Descartes, 1, Place du Parvis Notre Dame, 75004 Paris, France
Joint Bone Spine 78:510-5. 2011..To compare the accuracy of daily and recalled pain measurements in hip and knee osteoarthritis (OA)...
- Ecological or recalled assessments in chronic musculoskeletal pain? A comparative study of prospective and recalled pain assessments in low back pain and lower limb painful osteoarthritisSerge Perrot
Hotel Dieu, Service de Medecine Interne, Université Paris 5 Descartes, Paris, France
Pain Med 12:427-36. 2011..The objective of this study was to compare ecological and recalled pain intensity assessments over 29 days in hip and knee osteoarthritis (O) and chronic low back pain (L)...
- Prevalence of fibromyalgia in France: a multi-step study research combining national screening and clinical confirmation: The DEFI study (Determination of Epidemiology of FIbromyalgia)Serge Perrot
Service de Médecine Interne et Thérapeutique, Hotel Dieu, Universite Paris Descartes, INSERM U 987, 1 Place du Parvis Notre Dame, 75004 Paris, France
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 12:224. 2011..This epidemiological study aimed to assess fibromyalgia (FM) prevalence in the French metropolitan population, based on a multi-step sampling analysis, combining national screening and clinical confirmation by trained specialists...
- [Medication to treat fibromyalgia?]Serge Perrot
Service de Medecine Interne et Consultation de la Douleur, Hotel Dieu, 75004 Paris, France
Rev Med Suisse 3:1575-8. 2007..New Dopamine D3 receptor agonists as well as the new anticonvulsivants such as gabapentine and pregabalin are equally promising. However the prescription of any medication should take place within a multidisciplinary approach...
- Is there any evidence to support the use of anti-depressants in painful rheumatological conditions? Systematic review of pharmacological and clinical studiesS Perrot
Internal Medicine Department and Pain Clinic, Hotel Dieu Hospital, Paris
Rheumatology (Oxford) 47:1117-23. 2008..Further studies are required to compare anti-depressants with other analgesics in the management of chronic painful rheumatological conditions...
- [Deciding on analgesic prescription dosing for acute back pain: once daily or more?]Serge Perrot
Service de Medecine Interne et Consultation de la Douleur, AP HP, Hotel Dieu, université Paris V Descartes, F 75004 Paris, France
Presse Med 37:14-20. 2008..We analyzed this treatment decision for acute back pain in a case-control study...
- [Management strategies for the treatment of non malignant chronic pain in the elderly]Serge Perrot
Service de Medecine Interne, Hotel Dieu, Place du Parvis Notre Dame, Paris
Psychol Neuropsychiatr Vieil 4:163-70. 2006..Specificities are more related to the assessment of pain and to the drugs side effects rather than to the type of drugs...
- Sulfasalazine-induced pericarditis in a patient with ulcerative colitis without recurrence when switching to mesalazineSerge Perrot
Service de Medecine Interne et Consultation de la Douleur, Hotel Dieu, 1 Place du Parvis Notre Dame, 75004 Paris, France
Int J Colorectal Dis 22:1119-21. 2007..Pericarditis is rarely reported in inflammatory bowel disease. Besides its common causes, pericarditis could be related to ulcerative colitis flare or to 5-aminosalicylic acid (5-ASA) treatment...
- Are there risk factors for musculoskeletal procedural pain? A national prospective multicentre study of procedural instantaneous pain and its recall after knee and spine injectionsSerge Perrot
Service de Médecine Interne et Thérapeutique, Hotel Dieu, AP HP, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Joint Bone Spine 78:629-35. 2011..Little is known about the risk factors for procedural pain during spinal and joint injections...
- Effects of intraplantar morphine on paw edema and pain-related behaviour in a rat model of repeated acute inflammationS Perrot
Unité de Recherches de Physiopharmacologie du Système Nerveux, INSERM U161, 2 rue d Alésia, 75014, Paris, France
Pain 83:249-57. 1999..These findings suggest that peripheral morphine may be useful for the clinical management of acute inflammatory pain rather than in recurrent inflammatory painful situations...
- Characteristics of patients with fibromyalgia in France and GermanyS Perrot
Service de Médecine Interne et Thérapeutique, Consultation de la douleur, Hôtel Dieu Hôpital, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Int J Clin Pract 64:1100-8. 2010..Few studies have comprehensively assessed the burden associated with fibromyalgia (FM). This cross-sectional, observational study evaluates the impact of FM on patients in France and Germany...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 expression and recurrence of colorectal adenomas: effect of aspirin chemopreventionRobert Benamouzig
Department of Gastroenterology, AP HP, Hopital Avicenne, 125 route de Stalingrad, Bobigny, France
Gut 59:622-9. 2010..Low-dose aspirin reduces the incidence of colorectal cancer and recurrence of adenomas. Cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2), one of its main target enzymes, is reportedly over-expressed in colorectal adenomas...
- [Self-medication]Claire Le Jeunne
, , , 75004 Paris, France
Rev Prat 58:1585-9. 2008
- Quality of life in women with fibromyalgia syndrome: validation of the QIF, the French version of the fibromyalgia impact questionnaireSerge Perrot
Centre de la Douleur and the Service de Rhumatologie, Hopital Cochin, Paris, France
J Rheumatol 30:1054-9. 2003..To validate a translated and adapted version of the Fibromyalgia Impact Questionnaire (FIQ) for use in French-speaking populations...
- [Atypical recurrent aseptic cutaneous abscesses as the presenting manifestation of Crohn's disease]T A Szwebel
Service de Medecine Interne, Universite Paris Descartes, Hotel Dieu, AP HP, 75004 Paris, France
Rev Med Interne 31:705-8. 2010..We report here a case of chronic inflammatory bowel disease revealed by multiple large cutaneous aseptic distal necrotic ulcers...
- Antidepressant use in painful rheumatic conditionsSerge Perrot
Service de Médecine Interne et Thérapeutique, Consultation de la douleur, Hotel Dieu, Universite Paris Descartes, 1 Place du Parvis Notre Dame, 75004 Paris, France
Rheum Dis Clin North Am 34:433-53. 2008..Further studies are required to determine antidepressants' analgesic mechanism of action and the specific role they should play in the management of chronic painful rheumatologic conditions...
- Differential behavioral effects of peripheral and systemic morphine and naloxone in a rat model of repeated acute inflammationS Perrot
INSERM U161, Unité de Physiopharmacologie du Système Nerveux, Paris, France
Anesthesiology 94:870-5. 2001..It has been reported that opioid antinociceptive effects are enhanced in animal models of inflammation, but it remains unclear whether this sensitization to morphine is related to predominant central or peripheral increased effects...
- Prevalences of herpesviruses DNA sequences in salivary gland biopsies from primary and secondary SjÃ¶gren's syndrome using degenerated consensus PCR primersSerge Perrot
Department of Rheumatology, Paris V University and Tarnier-Cochin Hospital, Paris, France
J Clin Virol 28:165-8. 2003..However, our results suggest that EBV and HSV-1 could be implicated in a subset of SS cases and this possibility needs to be explored, to assess the potential benefit of antiviral drugs in some cases...
- Do strong opioids have a role in the early management of back pain? Recommendations from a European expert panelEija Kalso
Pain Clinic, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Curr Med Res Opin 21:1819-28. 2005..Given the prevalence of CLBP, and the complex nature of this multifactorial condition, it was felt that specific, evidence-based recommendations, with a focus on primary-care treatment, would be helpful...
- Recommendations for using opioids in chronic non-cancer painEija Kalso
Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Eur J Pain 7:381-6. 2003..6. Treatment should be monitored. 7. A contract setting out the patient's rights and responsibilities may help to emphasize the importance of patient involvement. 8. Opioid treatment should not be considered a lifelong treatment...
- Guidelines for the use of antidepressants in painful rheumatic conditionsSerge Perrot
Cercle d étude de la douleur en rhumatologie, CEDR, Limoges, France
Eur J Pain 10:185-92. 2006..Our group, which focuses on pain in rheumatology, aimed to develop recommendations for the use of antidepressants in rheumatology, based on evidence-based review of published data and expert opinion...
- Cannabis: the analgesic and antiinflammatory medication of the future?Serge Perrot
Joint Bone Spine 71:7-8. 2004