- A user-friendly software to easily count Anopheles egg batchesAli Mollahosseini
Departamento de Engenharia Eletrónica e Informática, Universidade do Algarve, 8008 139 Faro, Portugal
Parasit Vectors 5:122. 2012..Assessing the fecundity of malaria vectors can be carried out by counting eggs laid by Anopheles females. However, manually counting the eggs is time consuming, tedious, and error prone...
- Insecticide resistance status of Anopheles gambiae s.s population from M'Bé: a WHOPES-labelled experimental hut station, 10 years after the political crisis in Côte d'IvoireAlphonsine A Koffi
Institut Pierre Richet IPR, Abidjan, BP 47, Cote d Ivoire
Malar J 12:151. 2013..Ten years after the crisis, bioassays, molecular and biochemical analyses were conducted to update the resistance status and study the evolution of resistance mechanisms of Anopheles gambiae s.s population...
- New protective battle-dress impregnated against mosquito vector bitesCedric Pennetier
Institut de recherche pour le developpement IRD, UR016 CCPV UMR MIVEGEC, and Centre de Recherche Entomologique de Cotonou CREC, Cotonou, Benin
Parasit Vectors 3:81. 2010..abstract:..
- Synergy between repellents and organophosphates on bed nets: efficacy and behavioural response of natural free-flying An. gambiae mosquitoesCedric Pennetier
UR016 Caractérisation et contrôle des populations de vecteurs, Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, Montpellier, France
PLoS ONE 4:e7896. 2009..Mixing a repellent and a non-pyrethroid insecticide seemed to be a promising tool as mixtures in the laboratory showed the same features as pyrethroids...
- Combination of a non-pyrethroid insecticide and a repellent: a new approach for controlling knockdown-resistant mosquitoesCedric Pennetier
Laboratoire de Lutte contre les Insectes Nuisibles, Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, Montpellier, France
Am J Trop Med Hyg 72:739-44. 2005..This study constitutes a first step towards an alternative strategy for improving mosquito control in areas with pyrethroid resistance...
- Synergy between repellents and non-pyrethroid insecticides strongly extends the efficacy of treated nets against Anopheles gambiaeCedric Pennetier
Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, Cotonou, Benin
Malar J 6:38. 2007..The residual efficacy and the inhibition of blood feeding conferred by these mixtures were assessed against Anopheles gambiae mosquitoes...
- Mixture for controlling insecticide-resistant malaria vectorsCedric Pennetier
Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, Cotonou, Benin, France
Emerg Infect Dis 14:1707-14. 2008..Mixing repellents and organophosphates on bed nets could be used to control insecticide-resistant malaria vectors if residual activity of the mixture is extended and safety is verified...
- Changes in Anopheles funestus Biting Behavior Following Universal Coverage of Long-Lasting Insecticidal Nets in BeninNicolas Moiroux
MIVEGEC IRD 224 CNRS 5290 UM1 UM2, Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, Montpellier, France
J Infect Dis 206:1622-9. 2012..These findings might have direct consequences for malaria control in Africa and highlighted the need for alternative strategies for better targeting malaria vectors...
- Managing insecticide resistance in malaria vectors by combining carbamate-treated plastic wall sheeting and pyrethroid-treated bed netsArmel Djènontin
CREC IRD UR016, Cotonou, Benin
Malar J 8:233. 2009..In this context, a new tool for management of resistant mosquitoes based on the combination of a pyrethroid-treated bed net and carbamate-treated plastic sheeting was developed...
- Evidence for inhibition of cholinesterases in insect and mammalian nervous systems by the insect repellent deetVincent Corbel
Laboratoire de Lutte contre les Insectes Nuisibles, Institut de Recherche pour Développement, F 34 394 Montpellier, France
BMC Biol 7:47. 2009..Here, we investigated the molecular target site for deet and the consequences of its interactions with carbamate insecticides on the cholinergic system...
- Multi-function oxidases are responsible for the synergistic interactions occurring between repellents and insecticides in mosquitoesJulien Bonnet
Laboratoire de Lutte contre les Insectes Nuisibles, Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, 911 Avenue Agropolis, BP 64 501, 34394 Montpellier, France
Parasit Vectors 2:17. 2009..abstract:..