- [Atypical displays of social phobia]Antoine Pelissolo
Service de psychiatrie adulte et CNRS USR 3246, hôpital La Pitié Salpêtrière, AP HP, Paris Cedex
Rev Prat 59:507-10. 2009..In all these cases, the screening and the treatment of social phobia can have a crucial impact on the global prognosis, with possible significant and enduring improvements of the primary and secondary disorders...
- [Severe depression : which concept ? which criteria]A Pelissolo
Service de psychiatrie adulte et CNRS USR 3246, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, 47 bd de l Hopital, 75013 Paris
Encephale 35:S243-9. 2009..Overall, the inclusion criteria for most studies combine severe depression with qualitative (clinicians' judgement) and quantitative (minimum score on a scale) aspects...
- [Depression and pain: prevalence and clinical implication]Antoine Pelissolo
Service de Psychiatrie Adulte, CNRS UMR 7593, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, AP HP, Paris, France
Presse Med 38:385-91. 2009..In line with monoaminergic hypotheses shown above, this is in favour of the use of these serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors in depression with important physical pains, but this issue needs further confirmation studies...
- [Efficacy and tolerability of escitalopram in anxiety disorders: a review]A Pelissolo
Service de psychiatrie adulte et CNRS centre Emotion, Groupe Hospitalier de la Pitié Salpêtrière, AP HP, 47, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Encephale 34:400-8. 2008..Escitalopram is the most selective SSRI available. Beyond its well-established efficacy in depression with or without anxiety, preclinical studies have demonstrated that escitalopram has a broad spectrum of anxiolytic activity...
- The Temperament and Character Inventory-Revised (TCI-R): psychometric characteristics of the French versionA Pelissolo
Psychiatry Department and CNRS UMR 7593, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, AP HP, Paris, France
Acta Psychiatr Scand 112:126-33. 2005..To explore the psychometric characteristics of a modified version of the Cloninger's personality questionnaire, the Temperament and Character Inventory-Revised (TCI-R)...
- Stimulation of subterritories of the subthalamic nucleus reveals its role in the integration of the emotional and motor aspects of behaviorLuc Mallet
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale AVENIR Group, Behavior, Emotion, and Basal Ganglia, 75013 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:10661-6. 2007....
- Gaze behaviour in social blushersAlbert Moukheiber
CNRS USR 3246, UPMC, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Psychiatry Res 200:614-9. 2012..These findings seem to support the claim that social phobia is a heterogeneous disorder. Further research is advised to decide whether fear of blushing can constitute a subtype with specific behavioral characteristics...
- Is there a place for fear of blushing in social anxiety spectrum?Antoine Pelissolo
Department of Adults Psychiatry, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Depress Anxiety 29:62-70. 2012..This can be explained by a lack of comparative studies with other forms of social anxiety disorder (SAD). Our aim was thus to explore the specificity of FB in patients with SAD...
- Negative affectivity, self-referential processing and the cortical midline structuresCédric Lemogne
CNRS USR 3246, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 6:426-33. 2011..Within the CMS, the dorsal MPFC may play a key role in negative affectivity, integrating an increased attention to negative stimuli with an increased attention to the self...
- Open-label treatment with escitalopram in patients with social anxiety disorder and fear of blushingAntoine Pelissolo
Department of Psychiatry, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, AP HP, Paris, France
J Clin Psychopharmacol 33:695-8. 2013..53 and 0.86. Results of this open-label study suggest that escitalopram can be a useful treatment for FB associated with SAD, even if large controlled trials are now needed to further evaluate this result...
- Subthalamic stimulation in Parkinson disease: behavior and social adaptationJean Luc Houeto
Centre d Investigations Cliniques, Hopital de la Salpetriere, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Arch Neurol 63:1090-5. 2006..This favorable effect contrasts with a growing number of reports that the treatment may result in psychiatric complications...
- Test-retest reliability of the Temperament and Character Inventory in patients with opiate dependenceDavid Gourion
Service Hospitalo Universitaire, Hopital Sainte Anne, INSERM E0117, Paris, France
Psychiatry Res 118:81-8. 2003..Further studies are required to confirm these results on larger clinical samples...
- Genetics and personality affect visual perspective in autobiographical memoryCédric Lemogne
CNRS USR 3246, Bâtiment de la Force, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Conscious Cogn 18:823-30. 2009..Visual perspective and vulnerability for depression may share some biological bases...
- Psychometric characteristics of Cloninger's criteria for personality disorder in a population of French prisonersAntoine Pelissolo
CNRS UMR 7593, Paris, France
Int J Methods Psychiatr Res 17:30-4. 2008..This new diagnostic procedure for personality disorder seemed to have satisfactory basic psychometric characteristics but further study is required to explore the concurrent validity and the reliability of this instrument...
- A video Clinical Global Impression (CGI) in obsessive compulsive disorderAbderrahmane Bourredjem
Pierre and Marie Curie Paris 6 University, ER4, Modelling in Clinical Research, Paris, France
Psychiatry Res 186:117-22. 2011..The mean of at least two independent evaluations of the video is needed to achieve an ICC greater than 0.8. The video CGI is a valid clinical outcome measure suitable for clinical trials (ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT00169377)...
- How cognitive performance-induced stress can influence right VLPFC activation: an fMRI study in healthy subjects and in patients with social phobiaLejla Koric
INSERM U610, Paris, France
Hum Brain Mapp 33:1973-86. 2012..In patients, the differential modulation between these dorsal and ventral PFC regions disappears. This absence of modulation may limit anxious patients' ability to adapt to demanding cognitive control tasks...
- Gaze avoidance in social phobia: objective measure and correlatesAlbert Moukheiber
CNRS USR 3246, UPMC, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Behav Res Ther 48:147-51. 2010..These findings confirm and extend some previous results, and suggest that eye avoidance is a robust marker of persons with social phobia, which could be used as a behavioral phenotype for brain imagery studies on this disorder...
- Relationship between attempted suicide, serum cholesterol level and novelty seeking in psychiatric in-patientsEric Guillem
Service de Psychiatrie, Hopital Fernand Widal, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 200, rue du Faubourg Saint Denis, 75010, Paris, France
Psychiatry Res 112:83-8. 2002..The absence of a correlation between serum cholesterol levels and suicidal behavior in men could be linked to the small number of men included in the study...
- [Salpêtrière erythrophobia questionnaire validation]Antoine Pelissolo
CNRS USR, UPMC, GH Pitié Salpétrière, AP HP, Paris, France
Can J Psychiatry 55:610-4. 2010..To study the main psychometric characteristics of the Salpêtrière Erythrophobia Questionnaire (SEQ) in a clinical and non-clinical sample...
- Transcranial cortical stimulation in the treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorders: efficacy studiesGhassen Saba
Service de Psychiatrie, AP HP, Hôpitaux Universitaires Henri Mondor, Creteil, 94000, France
Curr Psychiatry Rep 17:571. 2015..tDCS clearly needs to be investigated in large scale and sufficiently powered randomized control studies. From a general point of view, these non-invasive techniques hold promise as novel therapeutic tools for OCD patients. ..
- Repetitive behaviours in patients with Gilles de la Tourette syndrome: tics, compulsions, or both?Yulia Worbe
Centre d Investigation Clinique INSERM CIC 9503, Pôle des maladies du système nerveux, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 5:e12959. 2010..Repetitive behaviours (RB) in patients with Gilles de la Tourette syndrome (GTS) are frequent. However, a controversy persists whether they are manifestations of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) or correspond to complex tics...
- Compulsions, Parkinson's disease, and stimulationLuc Mallet
CNRS UMR 7593 and Service de Psychiatrie, Pavillon Clerambault, GH Pitié Salpétrière, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Assistance Publique Hôpital de Paris, 75651 Cedex 13, Paris, France
Lancet 360:1302-4. 2002..The improvements in these two patients suggest that high-frequency stimulation could improve function in the subcortical-limbic circuitry in patients with severe OCD...
- [Personality factors in depressive disorders: contribution of the psychobiologic model developed by Cloninger]A Pelissolo
Service de Psychiatrie, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, 47, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013, Paris, France
Encephale 28:363-73. 2002..This temperament dimension is supposed to be highly heritable, and to be linked to the serotonergic system variations...
- A challenging task for assessment of checking behaviors in obsessive-compulsive disorderJ Y Rotge
Movement, Adaptation, Cognition Laboratory, CNRS UMR 5227, Bordeaux 2 University, Bordeaux, France
Acta Psychiatr Scand 117:465-73. 2008..To address this issue, we developed an instrumental task producing repetitive checking in OCD subjects...