- Long-term benzodiazepine use and cognitive decline in the elderly: the Epidemiology of Vascular Aging StudySabrina Paterniti
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Paris, France
J Clin Psychopharmacol 22:285-93. 2002..The findings suggest that long-term use of benzodiazepines is risk factor of increased cognitive decline in the elderly...
- Sustained anxiety and 4-year progression of carotid atherosclerosisS Paterniti
National Institute of Health and Medical Research INSERM, Unit 360 Centre de Diagnostic et de Prévention Neurovasculaire, Nantes, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 21:136-41. 2001..07 versus 0.04 for women with versus women without sustained anxiety, respectively; P=0.07). These results suggest that chronically high levels of anxiety may contribute to accelerating the evolution of carotid atherosclerosis...
- Psychosocial factors at work, personality traits and depressive symptoms. Longitudinal results from the GAZEL StudyS Paterniti
INSERM Unité 360, Paris, France
Br J Psychiatry 181:111-7. 2002..An association between stressful job conditions and depressive symptoms has been reported. This association could be explained by personality traits...
- Alexithymia and depression in eating disordersM Corcos
Department of Adolescent and Young Adult Psychiatry, Institut Mutualiste Montsouris, 42 Bd Jourdan, 75014, Paris, France
Psychiatry Res 93:263-6. 2000..53, P=0.001). After taking depression into account as a confounding variable, rates of alexithymia did not vary according to the type of eating disorder (anorexia or bulimia)...
- Depressive symptoms and cognitive decline in elderly people. Longitudinal studySabrina Paterniti
National Institute of Health and Medical Research (INSERM, Paris, France
Br J Psychiatry 181:406-10. 2002..Persistent but not episodic depressive episodes were associated with cognitive decline. CONCLUSIONS: High levels of depressive symptoms, when persistent, are associated with cognitive decline in a sample of elderly people...
- Correlation between serum levels of interleukin-4 and alexithymia scores in healthy female subjects: preliminary findingsMaurice Corcos
Department of Psychiatry of Adolescents and Young Adults, Institut Mutualiste Montsouris, 42 Boulevard Jourdan, 75014 Paris, France
Psychoneuroendocrinology 29:686-91. 2004..We therefore investigated in healthy women the relationship between alexithymia and circulating levels of IL-1, IL-2 and IL-4...
- Emotion-processing deficits in eating disordersSarah Bydlowski
Department of Psychiatry, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Int J Eat Disord 37:321-9. 2005..Second, we increased the reliability of the measures by limiting the influence of confounding factors (negative affects)...