- [Patient education in geriatrics: which specificities?]Sylvie Pariel
Service de gériatrie ambulatoire et de relations avec ville, Hopital Charles Foix, 94200 Ivry sur Seine, France
Presse Med 42:217-23. 2013..Works have to be done to developed specials programs in other chronic diseases, with the relevant adaptation for the geriatric patient and his/her caregiver...
- Masitinib as an adjunct therapy for mild-to-moderate Alzheimer's disease: a randomised, placebo-controlled phase 2 trialFrançois Piette
Hopital Charles Foix, Service de Medecine, Bâtiment Louis Ramond, 7 avenue de la Republique, 94205 Ivry sur Seine, France
Alzheimers Res Ther 3:16. 2011..As the brain is rich in mast cells, the therapeutic potential of masitinib as an adjunct therapy to standard care was investigated...
- [Dementia syndromes in the elderly: diagnostic procedures]Sylvie Pariel-Madjlessi
Service de gériatrie et consultation mémoire, Hôpital Charles Foix et Faculté de médecine Pierre et Marie Curie Université Paris VI, Ivry sur Seine 94
Presse Med 36:1442-52. 2007..Lack of recognition of dementia in the elderly and delay in its diagnosis raise the question of screening to detect it at an earlier stage...
- [Management of Alzheimer disease]Joel Belmin
Service de gériatrie et consultation mémoire, Hôpital Charles Foix et Université Paris VI, Ivry sur Seine 94
Presse Med 36:1500-10. 2007..Among these activities, the best evaluated and most interesting are: educational programs for caregivers, occupational therapy at home, and interventions at home by nurses specially trained as case managers...
- The cognitive disorders examination (Codex) is a reliable 3-minute test for detection of dementia in the elderly (validation study on 323 subjects)Joel Belmin
Hôpital Charles Foix et Universite Paris 6, Ivry sur Seine
Presse Med 36:1183-90. 2007..Tools that are easy to use in primary care might facilitate earlier detection of dementia...