- Effects of discontinuing or continuing ongoing statin therapy in severe sepsis and septic shock: a retrospective cohort studyArmand Mekontso Dessap
AP HP, Groupe Henri Mondor Albert Chenevier, Service de Reanimation Medicale, 51 avenue du Mal de Lattre de Tassigny Creteil, F 94010 France
Crit Care 15:R171. 2011..Whether ongoing statin therapy should be continued or discontinued in patients admitted in the intensive care unit (ICU) for sepsis is open to question...
- N-terminal proB-type natriuretic peptide levels aid the diagnosis of left ventricular dysfunction in patients with severe acute exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and renal dysfunctionIslem Ouanes
Intensive Care Unit, CHU Fattouma Bourguiba, Monastir, Tunisia
Respirology 17:660-6. 2012....
- An updated study-level meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials on proning in ARDS and acute lung injuryFekri Abroug
ICU CHU F, Bourguiba, 1st June 1955 Str, University of Monastir, Monastir 5000, Tunisia
Crit Care 15:R6. 2011..We updated a meta-analysis on this topic...
- NT-proBNP levels at spontaneous breathing trial help in the prediction of post-extubation respiratory distressLamia Ouanes-Besbes
Intensive Care Unit, CHU Fattouma Bourguiba Monastir, University of Monastir, 5000, Monastir, Tunisia
Intensive Care Med 38:788-95. 2012....
- Meta-analysis of controlled studies on immunotherapy in severe scorpion envenomationFekri Abroug
Intensive Care Unit, Centre Hospitalo, Universitaire Fatouma Bourguiba, Monastir, CHU F Bourguiba 5000, Tunisia
Emerg Med J 28:963-9. 2011..Despite conflicting evidence, specific serotherapy is recommended for scorpion envenomation...
- Weaning difficult-to-wean chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients: a pilot study comparing initial hemodynamic effects of levosimendan and dobutamineLamia Ouanes-Besbes
Intensive Care Unit, CHU Fatouma Bourguiba, 5000 Monastir, Tunisia
J Crit Care 26:15-21. 2011..To compare the short-term hemodynamic effects of levosimendan and dobutamine in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) patients experiencing weaning difficulties in relation with increased left ventricular filling pressure...
- Mechanical influences on fluid leakage past the tracheal tube cuff in a benchtop modelIslem Ouanes
Intensive Care Unit, Fattouma Bourguiba University Hospital, Monastir, Tunisia
Intensive Care Med 37:695-700. 2011..Here, our purpose was to evaluate potential effects of positive end-expiratory pressure (PEEP), inspiratory effort intensity, and tube characteristics on fluid leakage past the cuff...