Jean Marc Orgogozo
- Advantages and disadvantages of neurological scalesJ M Orgogozo
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Pellegrin, Bordeaux, France
Cerebrovasc Dis 8:2-7. 1998..They are powerful prognostic indicators in stroke. Most of them are equivalent, which allows comparison between studies...
- Subacute meningoencephalitis in a subset of patients with AD after Abeta42 immunizationJ M Orgogozo
Federation of Neurology, CHU Pellegrin, Bordeaux, France
Neurology 61:46-54. 2003..A Phase I study in AD patients demonstrated good safety and tolerability of multiple injections of aggregated Abeta42 (AN1792) with QS-21 as adjuvant...
- Dementia in subjects aged 75 years or over within the PAQUID cohort: prevalence and burden by severityCatherine Helmer
INSERM U 593 Université de Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 22:87-94. 2006..To analyze the prevalence of dementia by severity and to describe the sociodemographic characteristics of people with dementia in the community, as well as the consequences of this disease in terms of disability and institutionalization...
- Predictive value of 6-month decline in ADAS-cog for survival without severe Alzheimer's diseaseCatherine Helmer
INSERM U593, Universite de Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 23:168-74. 2007..To determine the predictive value of the 6-month evolution of the ADAS-cog score in initially mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease (AD) patients on the risk of death or severe dementia (MMSE <10) within 2 years...
- Efficacy and safety of memantine in patients with mild to moderate vascular dementia: a randomized, placebo-controlled trial (MMM 300)Jean Marc Orgogozo
CHU Pellegrin, Bordeaux, France
Stroke 33:1834-9. 2002....
- [Anti-amyloid immunotherapy in Alzheimer's disease]J-M Orgogozo
Service de Neurologie, , , CHU, Bordeaux
Rev Neurol (Paris) 164:F95-7. 2008
- Gender differences in the prodromal signs of dementia: memory complaint and IADL-restriction. a prospective population-based cohortKarine Pérès
INSERM, U897, Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux2, Bordeaux, France
J Alzheimers Dis 27:39-47. 2011..To conclude, women would report the first symptoms very early in the process by SMC, whereas men would tend to later report their difficulties and only in terms of IADL-restriction...
- Natural history of decline in instrumental activities of daily living performance over the 10 years preceding the clinical diagnosis of dementia: a prospective population-based studyKarine Pérès
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U593, Bordeaux, France
J Am Geriatr Soc 56:37-44. 2008..To study the subtle changes in instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs) over the 10 years preceding the clinical diagnosis of dementia...
- The 9 year cognitive decline before dementia of the Alzheimer type: a prospective population-based studyHelene Amieva
INSERM Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unit 593, Bordeaux, France
Brain 128:1093-101. 2005....
- Fast cognitive decline at the time of dementia diagnosis: a major prognostic factor for survival in the communityLaure Carcaillon
INSERM, Unit 593, Bordeaux, France
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 23:439-45. 2007..Our study aimed at confirming the concept of fast decliners at the time of Alzheimer's disease (AD) diagnosis which best predicts mortality, in an unselected sample...
- Inhibitory breakdown and dementia of the Alzheimer type: a general phenomenon?Helene Amieva
INSERM U330, University of Bordeaux II, Bordeaux, France
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 24:503-16. 2002..However, no evidence was found for an impairment on the Go-No go task and only limited impairment on the Stop Signal task, suggesting that in the early stages of the disease, not all inhibitory mechanisms are uniformly impaired...
- Annual rate and predictors of conversion to dementia in subjects presenting mild cognitive impairment criteria defined according to a population-based studyHelene Amieva
INSERM Unit 593, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux, France
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 18:87-93. 2004..Among the variables considered, the Letter Cancellation Test proved to be a major predictor of short-term conversion to dementia...
- Gender and education impact on brain aging: a general cognitive factor approachCécile Proust-Lima
Biostatistics Department, INSERM U897, Bordeaux Cedex 33076, France
Psychol Aging 23:608-20. 2008..Subjects with higher education exhibited a better mean score for the 4 tests, but this difference tended to attenuate with age for tests involving a speed component...
- Prodromal Alzheimer's disease: successive emergence of the clinical symptomsHelene Amieva
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U897, France
Ann Neurol 64:492-8. 2008..Utilizing the long follow-up of the PAQUID study, we examined the emergence of the first clinical symptoms over a 14-year period of follow-up before the dementia phase of AD...
- Inter-rater reliability of scales and tests used to measure mild cognitive impairment by general practitioners and psychologistsColette Fabrigoule
Unité INSERM 330, Universite de Bordeaux 2, France
Curr Med Res Opin 19:603-8. 2003....
- Evidencing inhibitory deficits in Alzheimer's disease through interference effects and shifting disabilities in the Stroop testHelene Amieva
INSERM U593, University of Bordeaux II, France
Arch Clin Neuropsychol 19:791-803. 2004....
- Seropositivity to herpes simplex virus antibodies and risk of Alzheimer's disease: a population-based cohort studyLuc Letenneur
INSERM, U897, Bordeaux, France
PLoS ONE 3:e3637. 2008....
- Clinical practice with anti-dementia drugs: a consensus statement from British Association for PsychopharmacologyAlistair Burns
University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
J Psychopharmacol 20:732-55. 2006..Patients, their carers, and clinicians deserve to be optimistic in a field which often attracts therapeutic nihilism...
- Effect of rivastigmine on delay to diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease from mild cognitive impairment: the InDDEx studyHoward H Feldman
Division of Neurology, University of British Columbia Hospital, Vancouver, Canada
Lancet Neurol 6:501-12. 2007..To assess the effect of rivastigmine in patients with mild cognitive impairment (MCI) on the time to clinical diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease (AD) and the rate of cognitive decline...
- Moderate wine drinkers have lower hypertension-related mortality: a prospective cohort study in French menSerge C Renaud
Hospital Emile Roux, Pavillon Buisson Jacob, 94456 Limeil Brévannes, France
Am J Clin Nutr 80:621-5. 2004..For a given blood pressure, the risk of death from coronary artery disease is much higher in northern Europe and the United States than in Mediterranean countries...
- Antiplatelet drug discontinuation is a risk factor for ischemic strokeIgor Sibon
Fédération de neurosciences cliniques, CHU Bordeaux, France
Neurology 62:1187-9. 2004..0001). This temporal pattern has biologic plausibility because the inhibited platelets circulate in the blood for about 10 days...
- Vascular cognitive disorder: a new diagnostic category updating vascular cognitive impairment and vascular dementiaGustavo C Roman
Department of Medicine Neurology, University of Texas HSC at San Antonio and the Audie Murphy Veterans Administration Hospital, Mail Code 7883, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
J Neurol Sci 226:81-7. 2004..It would include specific disease entities such as post-stroke VCI, post-stroke VaD, CADASIL, Binswanger disease, and AD plus CVD. This category explicitly excludes isolated cognitive dysfunctions such as those mentioned above...
- Caregiver preference for rivastigmine patches versus capsules for the treatment of Alzheimer diseaseRafael Blesa
Hospital de la Sta Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain
Neurology 69:S23-8. 2007..Preference for the patch may indicate reduced caregiver stress, substantiated by greater satisfaction and less interference with daily life. These benefits may lead to improved compliance...
- [Vascular risk factors and Alzheimer disease risk: epidemiological studies review]Pascale Cowppli-Bony
Psychol Neuropsychiatr Vieil 4:47-60. 2006..All these four vascular risk factors have variable interaction with the presence of cerebrovascular diseases and of the epsilon 4 allele of the apolipoprotein E gene which is a predisposition factor for sporadic AD...
- Acute Stroke Therapy by Inhibition of Neutrophils (ASTIN): an adaptive dose-response study of UK-279,276 in acute ischemic strokeMichael Krams
Pfizer Global Research and Development, Sandwich, UK
Stroke 34:2543-8. 2003..The prime objective was to determine the dose that gave a clinically relevant effect in patients...
- Third Asia-pacific regional meeting of the international working group on harmonization of dementia drug guidelines: meeting report summaryVorapun Senanarong
Division of Neurology, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 20:311-2. 2006..The epidemiology studies of mild cognitive impairment and dementia in Asia were discussed at the meeting. The committee encouraged a collaborative research in the region in the future...