- Laparoscopic gastric bypass with silicone band in a pig model: prevention of anastomotic dilatation -- feasibility studyDavid Nocca
Minimally Invasive Surgery Center, Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, USA
Obes Surg 15:523-7. 2005..Gastric bypass (GBP) can provide adequate weight loss, but after some years, dilatation of the gastric pouch and outlet may lead to weight regain by allowing the patient to increase food intake...
- A prospective multicenter study of 163 sleeve gastrectomies: results at 1 and 2 yearsD Nocca
CHU Montpellier, Montpellier, France
Obes Surg 18:560-5. 2008..Our team has designed a multicenter prospective study for the evaluation of the effectiveness and feasibility of this operation as a restrictive procedure...
- Use of collagen wrap from bovine origin for the management of colic perforation. Preliminary study in a pig modelDavid Nocca
University Hospital Center Montpellier, Faculty of Medicine, Montpellier, France
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 19:79-83. 2009..To evaluate this treatment, an experimental study creating a hole in the colon of pig covered by a resorbable collagen belt was performed. Results are very interesting and collagen wrap is very well tolerated by the colon wall...
- Laparoscopic surgery and corticoadrenalomasD Nocca
Digestive Surgery Center, Saint Eloi Hospital, University Hospital Complex Montpellier, Montpellier, France
Surg Endosc 21:1373-6. 2007..However, the situation is not so clearcut when the issue is laparoscopic excision of malignant adrenal tumors. We present our results of laparoscopic adrenalectomy for treating malignant tumors over the past decade...
- Laparoscopic vertical banded gastroplasty. A multicenter prospective study of 200 proceduresD Nocca
Department of Digestive Surgery Pr Fabre, Hopital Saint Eloi, University Hospital of Montpellier, Montpellier, France
Surg Endosc 21:870-4. 2007..A multicenter prospective study was designed to to assess the efficacy of LVBG in terms of weight loss and complication rates for obese patients who have indications for a restrictive procedure...
- Is collagen a good banding material for outlet control of vertical gastroplasty? Preliminary study in pigsDavid Nocca
Digestive Surgery Center, Montpellier Hospital, France, and Weill College of Medicine of Cornell University, New York, USA
Obes Surg 16:39-44. 2006..This study assessed, in a porcine model, the histological reaction of the gastric wall following apposition of a band of porcine collagen (Pelvicol, Bard)...
- Preliminary results of the laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding procedure by a new generation of silicone band: MIDBANDP M Blanc
CHU, Montpellier, France
Obes Surg 18:569-72. 2008..Currently, five types of silicone bands are used in the majority of countries performing bariatric surgery...
- [Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding for morbid obesity: clinical and radiographic follow-up]M A Pierredon-Foulongne
Service d Imagerie Médical, Hopital Saint Eloi, CHU Montpellier
J Radiol 86:1763-72. 2005..To evaluate the role of imaging for follow-up after treatment of morbid obesity by laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding (LAGB)...
- [A case of intrahepatic gastrinoma]E Deneve
Service de chirurgie digestive II, Hopital Saint Eloi, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Montpellier, Avenue Bertin Sans, 34295 Montpellier, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 70:242-5. 2009..The best evidence for diagnosis is the gastrinemia decreasing to a normal range after liver resection, and the absence of recurrence in long-term follow-up...
- [Ileocecal intussusception secondary to a cecal endometriosis]E Deneve
Service de chirurgie digestive II, Hopital Saint Eloi, CHU de Montpellier, Avenue Bertin Sans, 34295 Montpellier, France
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 37:796-8. 2008..Altough the digestive endometriosis is quite classical and well-known, particulary with vermiform appendix and rectosigmoïd involvement, ileo-cecal intussusception secondary to endometriosis is rare...
- Is laparoscopic left pancreatic resection justified?J M Fabre
Department of Surgery, Saint Eloi Hospital, 34295 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Surg Endosc 16:1358-61. 2002..We reviewed our experience of laparoscopic left pancreatectomy to establish the feasibility of this approach and the characteristics of the operating procedure...
- The effectiveness of noninvasive positive pressure ventilation to enhance preoxygenation in morbidly obese patients: a randomized controlled studyJean Marc Delay
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care B DAR B, Hopital Saint Eloi, 80, avenue Augustin Fliche, 34295 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Anesth Analg 107:1707-13. 2008..We hypothesized administration of oxygen (O2) using NPPV would more rapidly increase the end-tidal O2 concentration (ETO2) than preoxygenation using spontaneous ventilation (SV) in morbidly obese patients...