- Genetic heterogeneity of hepatitis E virus in Darfur, Sudan, and neighboring ChadElisabeth Nicand
National Reference Centre for Hepatitis E, Teaching Military Hospital Val de Grace, Paris, France
J Med Virol 77:519-21. 2005..7%) to strains belonging to Genotype 1. But four isolates collected in one of the Chadian camps were close to Genotype 2. Circulation of divergent strains argues for possible multiple sources of infection...
- Circulation of genotype 4 hepatitis E virus in Europe: first autochthonous hepatitis E infection in FranceSophie Tesse
Unit of Virology, Hopital Val de Grace, National Reference Center of Hepatitis E, Paris, France
J Clin Virol 54:197-200. 2012..Genotype 3 is widely distributed through human cases and zoonotic reservoir. The geographical distribution of genotype 4 is limited to Asian countries...
- Prevalence of antibodies and RNA genome of hepatitis E virus in a cohort of French immunocompromisedSarah Maylin
Virology Dpt, INSERM U941 Paris 7 Diderot University, Saint Louis Hospital APHP, Paris, France
J Clin Virol 53:346-9. 2012..Recently, cases of chronic hepatitis E have been identified in immunocompromised patients...
- Hepatitis E virus infection in HIV-infected patients with elevated serum transaminases levelsPierre Sellier
Unité des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Service de Medecine Interne A, Hopital Lariboisiere, 2, rue Ambroise Pare, 75010, Paris, France
Virol J 8:171. 2011..This infection was probably contracted locally. Acute HEV hepatitis can occur in HIV-infected patients but rarely explains cryptogenic hepatitis, at least in an urban HIV population, regardless geographic origin and CD4 counts...
- Outbreak of hepatitis E virus infection in Darfur, Sudan: effectiveness of real-time reverse transcription-PCR analysis of dried blood spotsAudrey Merens
National Reference Laboratory for Hepatitis E, Hospital Val de Grâce, Paris, France
J Clin Microbiol 47:1931-3. 2009..6%). Biological profiles (RT-PCR and serology) of asymptomatic individuals were also analyzed...
- A large outbreak of hepatitis E among a displaced population in Darfur, Sudan, 2004: the role of water treatment methodsJean Paul Guthmann
Epicentre, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 42:1685-91. 2006..The conflict in Darfur, Sudan, was responsible for the displacement of 1.8 million civilians. We investigated a large outbreak of hepatitis E virus (HEV) infection in Mornay camp (78,800 inhabitants) in western Darfur...
- Brief communication: case reports of ribavirin treatment for chronic hepatitis EVincent Mallet
Institut Cochin, Université Paris Descartes Unité Mixte de Recherche S1016, Paris, France
Ann Intern Med 153:85-9. 2010..There is currently no accepted treatment of chronic hepatitis E virus (HEV) infection...
- Short communication. Antiretroviral drug resistance among drug-naive HIV-1-infected individuals in Djibouti (Horn of Africa)Jérôme Maslin
Laboratoire de Biologie Medicale, Hôpital d Instruction des Armées du Val de Grâce, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 10:855-9. 2005..To survey the frequency of genotypic antiretroviral resistance in drug-naive HIV-1-infected Djiboutians...
- Use of hepatitis E IgG avidity for diagnosis of hepatitis E infectionChristine Bigaillon
Hopital du Val de Grace, Fédération de Biologie Médicale, Paris, France
J Virol Methods 164:127-30. 2010..IgG mature slowly during HEV infection, over a period of six months. IgG avidity index can therefore be used to exclude primary infection. This method should improve the diagnosis of acute hepatitis E...
- [Autochthonous hepatitis E in France]Yves Buisson
Institut de Medecine Tropicale du Service de Sante des Armees, B P 46, 13998 Marseile Armées
Bull Acad Natl Med 190:973-80. 2006..The potential severity of hepatitis E, especially during pregnancy, calls for a national surveillance program, including evaluation of the animal reservoir and the risk associated with drinking water and food...
- Acute hepatitis E with severe jaundice: report of three casesRami Moucari
Hepatology Department and INSERM U773, CRB3, University of Paris VII, Beaujon Hospital, Clichy, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:1012-5. 2007..HEV-RNA detection by real-time reverse transcriptase-PCR is a very efficacious diagnostic tool in anti-HEV immunoglobulin-M-negative cases...
- Evidence for hepatitis E virus quasispeciesMarc Grandadam
Laboratoire de Biologie Clinique, HIA Val de Grace, 74 boulevard de Port Royal, 75230 Paris Cedex 05, France
J Gen Virol 85:3189-94. 2004..11 to 3.4 %. These data strongly support the quasispecies organization of HEV during epidemics and could explain the adaptable behaviour of the virus in the host-pathogen interrelations...
- Hepatitis E-associated acute liver failure in pregnancy: an Indian puzzleJacques Bernuau
Hepatology 48:1380-2. 2008
- Hepatitis E, Central African RepublicJosep M Escribà
Emerg Infect Dis 14:681-3. 2008
- Detection and characterization of Human caliciviruses associated with sporadic acute diarrhea in adults in Djibouti (horn of Africa)Jérôme Maslin
Laboratoire de Biologie Clinique, Groupement Médico Chirurgical Bouffard, République de Djibouti
Am J Trop Med Hyg 78:522-6. 2008..These results could help to the knowledge of HuCV infections in Tropical Africa...
- [Autochthonous hepatitis E in France and consumption of raw pig meat]Guillaume Deest
Service d Hepatogastroenterologie, Hopital Trousseau, CHRU de Tours
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 31:1095-7. 2007..This report suggests that consumption of undercooked pork meat may be responsible for the contamination by hepatitis E virus in France as it was described in Japan...
- High mortality associated with an outbreak of hepatitis E among displaced persons in Darfur, SudanDelia Boccia
European Programme for Intervention Epidemiology Training, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Infect Dis 42:1679-84. 2006....
- Rapid investigation of hepatitis A virus outbreak by single strand conformation polymorphism analysisVincent Mackiewicz
Centre National de Référence du Virus de l Hépatite A, Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Paul Brousse, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Villejuif, France
J Med Virol 76:271-8. 2005..SSCP may thus provide a rapid and cost-effective tool for preliminary investigation of HAV outbreaks, before undertaking exhaustive nucleotide sequence analysis...
- Viral and clinical factors associated with the fulminant course of hepatitis A infectionGuilhermo Rezende
Centre Hepato Biliaire, Equipe Propre de l Institut National de la Santé, Unité propre de recherche de l enseignement supérieur No 3541, Formation de recherche associée à l Association Claude Bernard, Villejuif, France
Hepatology 38:613-8. 2003..In conclusion, HAV-related liver failure is due to an excessive host response associated with a marked reduction in viral load. Serum HAV RNA assay could be of help in the management of severe hepatitis A...
- Molecular evolution of hepatitis A virus: a new classification based on the complete VP1 proteinMauro Costa-Mattioli
Laboratorie de Virologie UPRES EA1156, Institut de Biologie, Centre Hospitalier Regional Universitaire de Nantes, 44093 Nantes, France
J Virol 76:9516-25. 2002..This could be the first antigenic variant of HAV so far identified...