Genomes and Genes
- The renin receptor: the facts, the promise and the hopeGenevieve Nguyen
National Institute for Health and Medical Research, INSERM Unit 489, Tenon Hospital, Paris, France
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 12:51-5. 2003..The search for a receptor of renin was based on the idea that tissue (pro)renin is taken up from the circulation and on data suggesting that renin has cellular effects independent of angiotensin II...
- The Renin Academy Summit: advancing the understanding of renin scienceAh Jan Danser
Department of Pharmacology, Erasmus MC, Dr Molewaterplein 50, 3015 GE, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 9:119-23. 2008
- The (pro)renin receptor in health and diseaseGenevieve Nguyen
Institut de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, INSERM Unit 833 and Experimental Medicine Unit, College de France, 11 place Marcelin Berthelot, 75005, Paris, France
Ann Med 42:13-8. 2010..On the contrary, the human and the animal mutations are calling our attention to an essential role of (P)RR during early development, in particular in neuronal development...
- Pivotal role of the renin/prorenin receptor in angiotensin II production and cellular responses to reninGenevieve Nguyen
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U489, and Association Claude Bernard, Hopital Tenon, Paris, France
J Clin Invest 109:1417-27. 2002..This discovery emphasizes the role of the cell surface in angiotensin II generation and opens new perspectives on the tissue renin-angiotensin system and on renin effects independent of angiotensin II...
- [Proteases and antiproteases in the progression of chronic renal insufficiency lesions. The role of the tissue renin-angiotensin system and the renin receptor]Genevieve Nguyen
INSERM U489, Hopital Tenon, 4 rue de la Chine, 75020, Paris
J Soc Biol 196:281-4. 2002....
- Renin/prorenin-receptor biochemistry and functional significanceGenevieve Nguyen
INSERM U36, College de France, 11, place Marcelin Berthelot, 75005, Paris, France
Curr Hypertens Rep 6:129-32. 2004..In this article, we review the biochemical characteristics of this receptor and of other renin-binding proteins, and discuss their physiologic significance...
- Potential role of the (pro)renin receptor in cardiovascular and kidney diseasesChristelle Cousin
Inserm Unité 833 and Collège de France, Paris, France
J Nephrol 23:508-13. 2010..Finally, a mutation in the (P)RR gene is responsible for mental retardation and epilepsy, indicating that (P)RR is essential during brain development...
- The biology of the (pro)renin receptorGenevieve Nguyen
Institut de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, College de France, Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 21:18-23. 2010..Furthermore, the early embryonic lethality seen in PRR-null mice suggests PRR has additional essential cellular functions we do not understand...
- The (pro)renin receptor: a new kid in townGenevieve Nguyen
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, INSERM Unit 36, and Collège de France, Unit of Experimental Medicine, Paris, France
Semin Nephrol 27:519-23. 2007..This review updates the recent findings on (P)RR; its role in hypertension, cardiac fibrosis, diabetic nephropathy, and retinopathy; and the effects of a putative (P)RR antagonist...
- A role of the (pro)renin receptor in neuronal cell differentiationAurelie Contrepas
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unit 833 and Collège de France, Experimental Medicine Unit, Paris, France
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 297:R250-7. 2009..In conclusion, our results show that (P)RR is expressed in mouse brain and suggest that the XLMR and epilepsy phenotype might result from a dominant-negative effect of the Delta4-(P)RR protein...
- Prorenin and (pro)renin receptor: a review of available data from in vitro studies and experimental models in rodentsGenevieve Nguyen
Institut de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, INSERM Unit 833 and Collège de France, 11 place Marcelin Berthelot, 75005, Paris, France
Exp Physiol 93:557-63. 2008..Although this rise can be interpreted as evidence of effective renin-angiotensin system blockade, it could also result in increased (P)RR activation...
- The (pro)renin receptor: pathophysiological roles in cardiovascular and renal pathologyGenevieve Nguyen
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, College de France, Experimental Medicine Unit, Paris, France
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 16:129-33. 2007..The present review summarizes the findings, suggesting that it may play pathological role in cardiac and renal fibrosis, and in hypertensive and diabetic nephropathy...
- Elevated blood pressure and heart rate in human renin receptor transgenic ratsCeline A Burckle
INSERM U36, Paris, France
Hypertension 47:552-6. 2006..The rise in aldosterone may underlie, at least in part, the observed cardiovascular phenotype of TGR(SMMHC-HRR)...
- Soluble form of the (pro)renin receptor generated by intracellular cleavage by furin is secreted in plasmaChristelle Cousin
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale and Collège de France, Paris, France
Hypertension 53:1077-82. 2009..In conclusion, our results show that s(P)RR is generated intracellularly by furin cleavage, and that s(P)RR detected in plasma is able to bind renin...
- Renin, (pro)renin and receptor: an updateGenevieve Nguyen
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM and Collège de France Early Development and Pathologies Center for Interdisciplinary Research in Biology and Experimental Medicine Unit, 11 place Marcelin Berthelot, 75005, Paris, France
Clin Sci (Lond) 120:169-78. 2011..The present review will summarize our knowledge of (pro)renin-dependent functions of PRR and will discuss the newly recognized functions of PRR related to the V-ATPase and to Wnt signalling...
- Renin and prorenin receptor in hypertension: what's new?Genevieve Nguyen
Center for Interdisciplinary Research in Biology and Experimental Medicine Unit Collège de France, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, 11 place Marcelin Berthelot, Paris, France
Curr Hypertens Rep 13:79-85. 2011....
- The (pro)renin receptorsGenevieve Nguyen
INSERM Unit 833, College de France, 11 place Marcelin Berthelot, Paris, France
J Mol Med (Berl) 86:643-6. 2008..Experimental models suggest that increased (P)RR synthesis and/or activation may be relevant to diseases, especially to high blood pressure, to cardiac fibrosis associated with hypertension, and to diabetic nephropathy...
- Prorenin and renin-induced extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 activation in monocytes is not blocked by aliskiren or the handle-region peptideSandra Feldt
Medical Faculty of the Charite, Experimental and Clinical Research Center, Franz Volhard Clinic and HELIOS Klinikum, Berlin Buch, Germany
Hypertension 51:682-8. 2008..Aliskiren has no (P)RR blocking effect and did not inhibit ERK 1/2 phosphorylation or kinase activity. Finally, we found no evidence that HRP affects renin or prorenin binding and signaling...
- The (pro)renin receptor: biochemistry and potential significanceGenevieve Nguyen
INSERM U36, , Paris
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 6:166-7. 2005
- A unique exonic splice enhancer mutation in a family with X-linked mental retardation and epilepsy points to a novel role of the renin receptorJuliane Ramser
1Institute of Human Genetics, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich 80336, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 14:1019-27. 2005..Thus, our findings confirm the importance of the RAS in cognitive processes and indicate a novel specific role for the renin receptor in cognitive functions and brain development...
- Effects of aliskiren on blood pressure, albuminuria, and (pro)renin receptor expression in diabetic TG(mRen-2)27 ratsDavid L Feldman
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Bldg 437, Rm 3317, One Health Plaza, E Hanover, NJ 07936, USA
Hypertension 52:130-6. 2008....