- Increased burden and severity of metabolic syndrome and arterial stiffness in treatment-naïve HIV+ patients from CameroonWilliam Ngatchou
Hypertension Clinic, Erasme University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Vasc Health Risk Manag 9:509-16. 2013....
- Effects of antiretroviral therapy on arterial stiffness in Cameroonian HIV-infected patientsWilliam Ngatchou
Hypertension Clinic Department, Erasme University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Blood Press Monit 18:247-51. 2013..We hypothesized that an increase in large artery stiffness may be a mechanism of enhanced cardiovascular risk in treated HIV-infected (HIV-T) patients...
- Penetrating cardiac injuries in Belgium: 20 years of experience in university hospitals in BrusselsW Ngatchou
Department of Cardiac Surgery, CHU Saint Pierre Brussels 2Department of Surgery, Douala Faculty Medicine Department of Cardiology CHU Ixelles, Brussels 4Department of Cardiac Surgery CHU Brugmann, Brussels
Acta Chir Belg 113:275-80. 2013..Cardiac wounds remain as highly lethal lesions in which their prognosis depends on the emergency management...
- Left tilt position for easy extracorporeal membrane oxygenation cannula insertion in late pregnancy patientsWilliam Ngatchou
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Erasme Hospital, Universite Libre de Bruxelles ULB, Brussels, Belgium
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 15:285-7. 2012..We proposed a systematic 15°-30° left lateral tilt position during the ECMO femoral cannula insertion in late pregnancy cases needing ECMO. This precaution should avoid an injury to the vessels due to multiple insertion attempts...
- [Cardiac surgery in Cameroon. Results at one year of the pilot phase]W Ngatchou
Rev Med Brux 32:14-7. 2011..The results of the pilot phase of cardiac surgery in Cameroon are effective. However, the sustainability of the program require human, material capacity building, and funding mechanism as well...