Nicaise T Ndam
- Prevalence of the molecular marker of Plasmodium falciparum resistance to chloroquine and sulphadoxine/pyrimethamine in Benin seven years after the change of malaria treatment policyAurore Ogouyemi-Hounto
Faculte des Sciences de la Sante, Laboratoire du centre de lutte intégrée contre le paludisme, Cotonou 01 BP188, Benin
Malar J 12:147. 2013..The objective of this study was to determinate the prevalence of Plasmodium falciparum molecular markers that are associated with resistance to CQ and SP in Benin seven years after the new policy was instituted...
- Plasmodium falciparum population dynamics in a cohort of pregnant women in SenegalJuliette Guitard
Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, Universite Paris Descartes, France
Malar J 9:165. 2010..VAR2CSA is the main candidate for a pregnancy malaria vaccine, but vaccine development may be complicated by its sequence polymorphism...
- Plasmodium falciparum parasites causing cerebral malaria share variant surface antigens, but are they specific?Nabila Kheliouen
Institut de Recherche pour le Développement IRD UMR216, Mother and Child faced with tropical infections Unit, Paris, 75006, France
Malar J 9:220. 2010..This study investigated the antibody response specifically directed against VSA expressed by parasites isolated from individuals presenting a given type of clinical presentation...
- Differential evolution of anti-VAR2CSA- IgG3 in primigravidae and multigravidae pregnant women infected by Plasmodium falciparumJuliette Guitard
Institut de recherche pour le developpement IRD, UR010, Mother and Child Health in the Tropics, Universite Paris Descartes, France
Malar J 7:10. 2008..Pregnant women develop protective anti-VSA IgG1 and IgG3 when infected by Plasmodium falciparum. The major target of IgG from serum of infected pregnant women is VAR2CSA...
- Identification of glycosaminoglycan binding regions in the Plasmodium falciparum encoded placental sequestration ligand, VAR2CSAMafalda Resende
Centre for Medical Parasitology, Institute of International Health Immunology and Microbiology, University of Copenhagen, Department of Clinical Microbiology, Copenhagen University Hospital Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Malar J 7:104. 2008..It is thus of high priority to define minimal ligand binding regions throughout the VAR2CSA molecule...
- Plasmodium falciparum transcriptome analysis reveals pregnancy malaria associated gene expressionNicaise Tuikue Ndam
Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, UR010 at Université Paris Descartes, Mother and Child Health in the Tropics, Faculte de Pharmacie, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 3:e1855. 2008..Recent advances on the molecular basis of virulence and immune evasion have helped identify var2csa as a PAM-specific var gene...
- Towards a vaccine against pregnancy-associated malariaN Tuikue Ndam
Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, UR010, Laboratoire de Parasitologie, Universite Paris Descartes, IFR 71, 4, avenue de l Observatoire, 75006 Paris, France
Parasite 15:515-21. 2008..However, despite particular structure and interclonal conservation of VAR2CSA among other PfEMP1, significant challenges still exist concerning the development of a VAR2CSA-based vaccine with profound efficacy...
- The NTS-DBL2X region of VAR2CSA induces cross-reactive antibodies that inhibit adhesion of several Plasmodium falciparum isolates to chondroitin sulfate APascal Bigey
Unite de Pharmacologie Chimique et Genetique, Universite Paris Descartes, ENSCP Chimie ParisTech, CNRS UMR8151, INSERM U 1022, France
J Infect Dis 204:1125-33. 2011..Acquired anti-VAR2CSA antibodies have been associated with improved pregnancy outcomes, suggesting a vaccine could prevent the syndrome. However, identifying functionally important regions in the large VAR2CSA protein is difficult...