- [Epidemiology and natural history of cirrhosis]Sylvie Naveau
Service Hépato gastroentérologie, Hopital Antoine Beclere, 92141 Clamart Cedex
Rev Prat 55:1527-32. 2005....
- Meta-analyses of FibroTest diagnostic value in chronic liver diseaseThierry Poynard
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Universite Paris VI, CNRS ESA 8067 Paris, France
BMC Gastroenterol 7:40. 2007....
- Balance between pro and anti-inflammatory cytokines in patients with acute alcoholic hepatitisSylvie Naveau
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Antoine Beclere, 92141 Clamart Cedex, France, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 29:269-74. 2005..The ability of endogenous IL-10 to modulate inflammatory response and to limit hepatotoxicity has been shown in several models of liver injury...
- [Current trend: alcoholic liver diseases]Sylvie Naveau
, , Clamart
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 30:550-3. 2006
- A double-blind randomized controlled trial of infliximab associated with prednisolone in acute alcoholic hepatitisSylvie Naveau
Services d Hépato gastroentérologie, Hopital Antoine Beclere, Clamart, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France
Hepatology 39:1390-7. 2004..In conclusion, three infusions of 10 mg/kg of infliximab in association with prednisolone may be harmful in patients with severe AAH because of the high prevalence of severe infections...
- Serum leptin in patients with alcoholic liver diseaseSylvie Naveau
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Antoine Beclere, Clamart Cedex, France
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 30:1422-8. 2006..Therefore, we conducted the following studies to further elucidate the role of leptin in the pathogenesis of steatosis and cirrhosis caused by chronic alcohol consumption in human beings...
- [Acute alcoholic hepatitis: treatments]S Naveau
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Antoine Beclere, 157, rue de la Porte de Trivaux, F 92141 Clamart
Presse Med 30:1024-30. 2001..PERSPECTIVES: Despite the effect of corticosteroid therapy, mortality at 2 months in severe AAH is still about 30%. Recent experimental data suggest that monoclonal anti-TNF alpha antibodies could be useful...
- Tumor necrosis factor soluble receptor p55 and lipid peroxidation in patients with acute alcoholic hepatitisS Naveau
, , Clamart, France
Am J Gastroenterol 96:3361-7. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Our data support the notions that, in patients with AAH, TNFsRp55 probably mediates cytotoxicity of TNF-alpha, and that cytotoxic effect could be amplified by tGSH depletion in enhancing lipid peroxidation...
- [Abdominal tuberculosis: deceptive and still encountered]A Balian
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Antoine Beclere, Clamart
Presse Med 29:994-6. 2000..Extrapulmonary manifestations of tuberculosis are increasing in incidence. Abdominal tuberculosis may mimic a variety of gastrointestinal disorders. The diagnosis of abdominal tuberculosis is still difficult to establish before surgery...
- [Ulceronecrotic tracheobronchial involvement in Crohn's disease]S Montembault
, , Clamart
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 25:197-9. 2001..Symptomatic bronchopulmonary manifestations are very rare in the course of inflammatory bowel diseases and usually not mentioned in Gastroenterology textbooks...
- [Regenerative nodular hyperplasia: variable clinical aspects]G Tomatis
, , 157, rue de la Porte de Trivaux, F92140 Clamart
Presse Med 30:217-9. 2001..The prognosis is related to the consequences of portal hypertension and the severity of the associated diseases...
- A prospective assessment of an 'a la carte' regimen of PEG-interferon alpha2b and ribavirin combination in patients with chronic hepatitis C using biochemical markersM Munteanu
, , , Paris, France
J Viral Hepat 13:182-9. 2006..It achieves a 73% SVR and a significant decrease in fibrosis and activity as estimated by biochemical markers...
- [Analgesic effect of transcutaneous cranial electrostimulation in patients treated by Nd:YAG laser for cancer of the rectum. A double-blind randomized trial]S Naveau
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Antoine Beclere, Clamart
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 16:8-11. 1992..There was a decrease of 31 percent in the quantity of fentanyl with active electrostimulation (P less than 0.05). Results were not affected either by the treatment order nor by tumor location. There were no side effects in either group...
- Pretreatment expression of the perforin gene by circulating CD8(+) T lymphocytes predicts biochemical response to interferon-alpha in patients with chronic hepatitis CA Balian
Hopital Antoine Beclere, Insitut Paris Sud sur les Cytokines, 92140 Clamart, France
Eur Cytokine Netw 11:177-84. 2000..Thus, pretreatment immunological status has a major influence on the ability of IFN-alpha to cure chronic hepatitis C, and the evaluation of perforin gene expression may help to select patients that will benefit from IFN-alpha treatment...
- Harmful effect of adipose tissue on liver lesions in patients with alcoholic liver diseaseSylvie Naveau
AP HP, Hopital Antoine Beclere, Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Clamart F 92140, France
J Hepatol 52:895-902. 2010..Excess weight is an independent risk factor for steatosis, acute alcoholic hepatitis (AAH), and cirrhosis in patients with alcoholic liver disease (ALD). In this study, we investigated the role of adipose tissue in human ALD...
- Glucocorticoid-induced leucine zipper: A key protein in the sensitization of monocytes to lipopolysaccharide in alcoholic hepatitisHaifa Hamdi
INSERM, U764, Clamart, F 92140, France
Hepatology 46:1986-92. 2007..GCs enhance GILZ expression, abrogating macrophage sensitivity to LPS and proinflammatory cytokine secretion. These findings may explain the beneficial effect of GC treatment in patients with severe AH...
- Diagnostic and prognostic values of noninvasive biomarkers of fibrosis in patients with alcoholic liver diseaseSylvie Naveau
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Hopital Antoine Beclere, Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Clamart, France
Hepatology 49:97-105. 2009..03), without independent prognostic values for FibrometerA (P = 0.41) and Hepascore (P = 0.28). In patients with alcoholic liver disease, FibrometerA and Hepascore did not improve the diagnostic and prognostic values of FibroTest...
- Predictive factors for pure steatosis in alcoholic patientsSylvie Naveau
AP HP, Hopital Antoine Beclere, Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, 157 rue de la Porte de Trivaux, Clamart, France
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 33:1104-10. 2009....
- Corticosteroids improve short-term survival in patients with severe alcoholic hepatitis (AH): individual data analysis of the last three randomized placebo controlled double blind trials of corticosteroids in severe AHPhilippe Mathurin
, Clamart, France
J Hepatol 36:480-7. 2002..5 vs. -35 and -105 vs. -45. CONCLUSIONS: Corticosteroids improved short-term survival of patients with severe AH. Age and serum creatinine are independent prognostic factors. Corticosteroids are recommended for patients with severe AH...
- Excessive alcohol consumption favours high risk polyp or colorectal cancer occurrence among patients with adenomas: a case control studyM Bardou
Hepatogastroenterology Unit, Antoine Beclere Hospital, 157, rue de la Porte de Trivaux F 92141 Clamart Cedex, France
Gut 50:38-42. 2002....
- Risk factors of fibrosis in alcohol-induced liver diseaseBruno Raynard
, , 157 rue de la Porte de Trivaux, 92141 Clamart Cedex, France
Hepatology 35:635-8. 2002....
- Obesity-induced lymphocyte hyperresponsiveness to chemokines: a new mechanism of Fatty liver inflammation in obese miceAmélie E Bigorgne
INSERM, U764, Clamart, France Univ Paris Sud, Faculte de Medecine Paris Sud, Institut Fédératif de Recherche 13, Clamart, France
Gastroenterology 134:1459-69. 2008..Hepatic lipid retention (steatosis) predisposes hepatitis. We investigated the mechanisms of lymphocyte homing to fatty liver and the role of lipopolysaccharide (LPS) in the onset of inflammation in ob/ob mice...
- The Lille model: a new tool for therapeutic strategy in patients with severe alcoholic hepatitis treated with steroidsAlexandre Louvet
Services d Hépato gastroentérologie, Hopital Claude Huriez, Avenue Michel Polonovski, CHRU Lille, 59037 Lille, France
Hepatology 45:1348-54. 2007..Early identification of subjects with substantial risk of death according to the Lille model will improve management of patients suffering from severe AH and will aid in the design of future studies for alternative therapies...
- Biomarkers for the prediction of liver fibrosis in patients with chronic alcoholic liver diseaseSylvie Naveau
Department of Hepato-Gastroenterology, , Clamart, France
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 3:167-74. 2005..CONCLUSIONS: In heavy drinkers, FT is a simple and noninvasive quantitative estimate of liver fibrosis. The use of FT may decrease the need for liver biopsy examination...
- Independent and opposite associations of trunk fat and leg fat with liver enzyme levelsGabriel Perlemuter
AP HP, Hopital Antoine Beclere, Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Clamart, France
Liver Int 28:1381-8. 2008....
- Acute hepatitis E infection associated with a false-positive serology against Epstein-Barr virusMariana Ghinoiu
AP HP, Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Antoine Beclere, Clamart, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:1433-5. 2009..EBV false positivity was probably related to polyclonal stimulation of the immune system, favoured by hepatitis E...
- GILZ expression in human dendritic cells redirects their maturation and prevents antigen-specific T lymphocyte responseNicolas Cohen
INSERM UMR-S764, , , , Institut Paris-Sud sur les Cytokines, , Clamart, France
Blood 107:2037-44. 2006....
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: from pathogenesis to patient careGabriel Perlemuter
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Department of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, Hopital Antoine Beclere, University Paris South 11, Clamart, France
Nat Clin Pract Endocrinol Metab 3:458-69. 2007..Lifestyle changes, such as dietary modifications and exercise, are recommended. To date, there have been very few randomized, placebo-controlled trials of drug treatments for NAFLD...
- Effect of prolonged interferon therapy on the outcome of hepatitis C virus-related cirrhosis: a randomized trialLaetitia Fartoux
AP HP, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 5:502-7. 2007..We designed a randomized controlled trial comparing the efficacy of prolonged IFN alfa-2a treatment vs nontreatment on complication-free survival in patients with compensated HCV cirrhosis...
- The diagnostic value of biomarkers (AshTest) for the prediction of alcoholic steato-hepatitis in patients with chronic alcoholic liver diseaseDominique Thabut
Department of Hepato-Gastroenterology, , , 75651 CNRS UMR 8149, Paris Cedex 13, France
J Hepatol 44:1175-85. 2006..CONCLUSIONS: In heavy drinkers, AshTest is a simple and non-invasive quantitative estimate of alcoholic hepatitis. The use of AshTest may reduce the need for liver biopsy, and therefore allow an earlier treatment of alcoholic hepatitis...
- Gallbladder carcinoma secondary to repetitive hepatic arterial chemoembolizationAxel Balian
Am J Gastroenterol 97:1079-80. 2002
- Early change in bilirubin levels is an important prognostic factor in severe alcoholic hepatitis treated with prednisolonePhilippe Mathurin
Sce d Hépato Gastroentérologie, Hôpital Claude Hurriez, and Inserm EPI 0114 Lille, Paris, France
Hepatology 38:1363-9. 2003..In conclusion, ECBL is a very simple predictive factor for identifying nonresponders. A recommendation to discontinue corticosteroids after 7 days in patients without ECBL, suggested by our results, awaits additional confirmation...
- [Probable sildenafil (Viagra) induced acute hepatitis in a patient with no other risk factors]Axel Balian
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 29:89. 2005
- The immunology of fibrogenesis in alcoholic liver diseaseAntonio Chedid
Department of Pathology, Rosalind Franklin University Chicago Medical School, North Chicago, Ill 60064, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 128:1230-8. 2004..During the past decade, several animal models and human studies have attributed fibrogenesis in the liver to the role played by hepatocytes, Kupffer cells, endothelial cells, and especially stellate cells...