- 3D virtual reality and selective vascular control for laparoscopic left hepatic lobectomyD Mutter
IRCAD EITS, University Louis Pasteur, 1 Place de l Hopital, 67091, Strasbourg Cedex, France
Surg Endosc 23:432-5. 2009..A selective vascular control for a left lateral segmentectomy may be facilitated by the use of three-dimensional (3D) virtual reality...
- Website navigation and surgical educationD Mutter
IRCAD EITS, Louis Pasteur University, France
J Telemed Telecare 12:130-5. 2006..3 times per session. The mean time spent viewing video footage was 9 min (24% of the time spent viewing the chapter). The questionnaire results showed that few students regularly accessed the Internet for educational purposes...
- PerFix™ plug versus 4DDOME(®) implants for inguinal hernia repair: prospective multicentric randomised controlled trialD Mutter
Department of Digestive and Endocrine Surgery, University Hospital of Strasbourg, 1 Place de l Hopital, 67091 Strasbourg, France
Hernia 16:561-6. 2012..We designed a prospective randomised study, which aims to compare the PerFix™ plug to the 4DDOME(®), a partially absorbable mesh...
- Innovations in minimally invasive surgery: lessons learned from translational animal modelsD Mutter
Department of Digestive and Endocrine Surgery, IRCAD EITS, IHU, University Hospital of Strasbourg, 1, Place de l Hopital, 67091, Strasbourg Cedex, France
Langenbecks Arch Surg 398:919-23. 2013..The development of Natural Orifice Transluminal Endoscopic Surgery (NOTES) procedures is a representative model...
- Single port laparoscopic cholecystectomy: which technique, which surgeon, for which patient? A study of the implementation in a teaching hospitalD Mutter
IRCAD EITS, 1 Place de l Hopital, 67091, Strasbourg Cedex, France
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci 18:453-7. 2011..Single port cholecystectomy is increasingly performed. This procedure can be challenging, and we lack factors predicting the operative difficulty...
- Small bowel exploration and resection using single-port surgery: a safe and feasible approachP Dhumane
IRCAD EITS, Department of General, Digestive and Endocrine Surgery University Hospital of Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
Colorectal Dis 15:109-14. 2013....
- Laparoscopic resection with transanal specimen extraction for sigmoid diverticulitisJ Leroy
Institute of Research Against Digestive Cancer European Institute of TeleSurgery, 1 Place de l Hopital, 67091 Strasbourg Cedex, France
Br J Surg 98:1327-34. 2011....
- [The Virtual University applied to telesurgery: from tele-education to tele-manipulation]J Marescaux
IRCAD EITS, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg
Bull Acad Natl Med 183:509-21; discussion 521-2. 1999....
- Fully automatic anatomical, pathological, and functional segmentation from CT scans for hepatic surgeryL Soler
IRCAD, Strasbourg, France
Comput Aided Surg 6:131-42. 2001..To improve the planning of hepatic surgery, we have developed a fully automatic anatomical, pathological, and functional segmentation of the liver derived from a spiral CT scan...
- Minimally invasive surgical treatment of sigmoid diverticulitisB D Barry
Department of General, Digestive and Endocrine Surgery, IRCAD EITS, University Hospital of Strasbourg, 1 Place de l Hopital, 67091 Strasbourg, France
Langenbecks Arch Surg 397:1035-41. 2012..Minimally invasive surgery offers many potential advantages to patients in the treatment of diverticulitis and may optimise surgical indications...
- Telementoring for minimally invasive surgical training by wireless robotS Sereno
IRCAD EITS, University Louis Pasteur, Strasbourg, France
Surg Innov 14:184-91. 2007..Robotic-assisted telementoring may not replace onsite mentoring, but it may enhance educational opportunities and the quality of hands-on training courses by implementing tutoring with expert assistance from remote locations...
- Surgical approach after failed enteryx injection for GERDA Alzahrani
IRCAD European Institute of Telesurgery, Louis Pasteur University, Strasbourg, France
JSLS 11:97-100. 2007..We report on 3 patients who underwent laparoscopic antireflux procedures for persistent symptoms of GERD after biopolymer injection...
- Recent advances in liver imagingD Mutter
IRCAD EITS Digestive and Endocrine Surgery, University of Strasbourg, 1 Place de l Hopital, 67091 Strasbourg Cedex, France
Expert Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol 4:613-21. 2010..The new ways of processing and analyzing liver images have dramatically changed the approach to liver surgery...
- Fatal bile pulmonary embolism after radiofrequency treatment of a hepatocellular carcinomaC Schmidt-Mutter
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Hopital Civil, Hopitaux Universitaires, 1 Place de l Hopital, 67091 Strasbourg Cedex, France
Surg Endosc 17:2028-31. 2003..However, this interventional procedure risks damage to liver parenchyma involving vascular and biliary structures, which may lead to biliary-venous fistula and possible bile emboli...
- Appendicitis/diverticulitis: minimally invasive surgeryD Mutter
IRCAD EITS, IHU, University Hospital of Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
Dig Dis 31:76-82. 2013..Today, the ultimate goal of acutely infected abdomen management is to reduce hospital stay, disability, and numerous operations for these patients. ..
- Duodenal duplication cyst: a potentially malignant diseaseB Seeliger
Pôle d hépato digestive, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, Universite de Strasbourg, Faculte de Medecine, IRCAD EITS, Institut Hospitalo Universitaire IHU Mix Surg, Strasbourg, France
Ann Surg Oncol 19:3753-4. 2012..1 (,) 2 Duodenal duplication cysts are generally benign lesions; nevertheless, three cases of malignant tumours arising inside have been reported.3 (-) 5..
- Laparoscopic total mesorectal excision (TME) for rectal cancer surgery: long-term outcomesJ Leroy
IRCAD European Institute of Telesurgery IRCAD EITS, Louis Pasteur University, 1 Place de l Hopital, 67091 Strasbourg, France
Surg Endosc 18:281-9. 2004..The aim of this study was to evaluate the perioperative outcome and long-term results of laparoscopic TME...
- The new 4DDome prosthesis: an original light and partially absorbable composite mesh for hernia repairJ L Leroy
IRCAD EITS, Louis Pasteur University, Strasbourg, France
Hernia 10:401-8. 2006..To this end, a new partially absorbable composite mesh has been developed, and the aim of this study was to investigate its efficacy in animal and human trials...
- Teleeducation in surgery: European Institute for Telesurgery experienceB Malassagne
IRCAD/EITS Institut de Recherche sur les Cancers de l'Appareil digestif/European Institute for TeleSurgery, HÄµpitaux Universitaires BP 426, Strasbourg, France
World J Surg 25:1490-4. 2001..Finally, the use of the Internet will provide access to this information, whenever and wherever necessary, through dedicated websites. It remains to be adequately demonstrated that these means will allow improvement in patient care...
- [What education means in surgery? A surgery among chirurgical residents in university hospital in Strasbourg]F Becmeur
Service de Chirurgie Infantile, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, 67098 Strasbourg Cedex, France
Ann Chir 129:405-9. 2004....
- Digital technologies and quality improvement in cancer surgeryD Mutter
European Institute of Telesurgery IRCAD EITS, University Hospital, Strasbourg, France
Eur J Surg Oncol 31:689-94. 2005..Computer and IT technologies will undoubtedly contribute to standardized cancer treatment modalities and determined guidelines for good clinical practice worldwide...