- Persistent organochlorine pollutants with endocrine activity and blood steroid hormone levels in middle-aged menElise Emeville
Inserm U1085, IRSET, Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe, French West Indies
PLoS ONE 8:e66460. 2013....
- Chlordecone exposure and risk of prostate cancerLuc Multigner
Faculte de Medecine, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U625, Guadeloupe, French West Indies
J Clin Oncol 28:3457-62. 2010..The estrogenic insecticide chlordecone was used extensively in the French West Indies, contaminating the population for more than 30 years. We analyzed the relationship between exposure to chlordecone and the risk of prostate cancer...
- GSTM1 and GSTT1 polymorphisms and the risk of prostate cancer in a Caribbean population of African descentStéphane Mallick
Department of Urology, University Hospital, Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe
Urology 69:1165-9. 2007..To investigate whether the glutathione S-transferase polymorphisms GSTM1 and/or GSTT1 contribute to prostate cancer risk in a Caribbean population of African descent in Guadeloupe...
- [Incidence and mortality of gynaecological cancers in Guadeloupe (French West Indies)]Philippe Kadhel
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Universite des Antilles et de la Guyane, CHU de Pointe a Pitre, Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe
Bull Cancer 96:157-64. 2009..These observations may be accounted for in part by a difference in the prevalence of established or suspected risk factors for each of these types of cancer...
- Age at breast cancer diagnosis in populations of african and European ancestryPhilippe Kadhel
centre hospitalier universitaire de Pointe à Pitre Abymes, pôle parent enfant, Service de Gynecologie et Obstetrique, Pointe A Pitre cedex, Guadeloupe, France Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Inserm U1085 IRSET, Pointe A Pitre cedex, Guadeloupe, France
Breast J 20:180-4. 2014..These descriptive findings suggest that populations of African ancestry cannot be considered uniform when determining whether it would be appropriate to decrease the age of entry into screening programs for breast cancer. ..
- Prostate cancer incidence in guadeloupe, a French Caribbean archipelagoStéphane Mallick
Department of Urology, University Hospital, Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe, French West Indies
Eur Urol 47:769-72. 2005..To determine the incidence rate of prostate cancer in Guadeloupe, a French Caribbean archipelago with 420,000 inhabitants, 90% of whom are of African descent...