- Chlordecone exposure and adverse effects in French West Indies populationsLuc Multigner
INSERM, U1085 Irset, F 97145, Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe, France
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 23:3-8. 2016..Here, we report the findings of various epidemiological studies conducted in the French West Indies to assess the impact of environmental exposure to chlordecone on the health of the population. ..
- Maternal fish and shellfish consumption and wheeze, eczema and food allergy at age two: a prospective cohort study in Brittany, FranceFabienne Pelé
Inserm Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale UMR 1085, IRSET Institut de Recherche Santé Environnement and Travail, Universite de Rennes 1, Rennes, Cedex F 35042, France
Environ Health 12:102. 2013..Fish and shellfish were studied separately as they differ according to their levels of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (which have anti-allergic properties) and their levels of contaminants...
- Chlordecone exposure and risk of prostate cancerLuc Multigner
Faculte de Medecine, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U625, Guadeloupe, French West Indies
J Clin Oncol 28:3457-62. 2010..The estrogenic insecticide chlordecone was used extensively in the French West Indies, contaminating the population for more than 30 years. We analyzed the relationship between exposure to chlordecone and the risk of prostate cancer...
- [Incidence and mortality of gynaecological cancers in Guadeloupe (French West Indies)]Philippe Kadhel
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Universite des Antilles et de la Guyane, CHU de Pointe a Pitre, Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe
Bull Cancer 96:157-64. 2009..These observations may be accounted for in part by a difference in the prevalence of established or suspected risk factors for each of these types of cancer...
- GSTM1 and GSTT1 polymorphisms and the risk of prostate cancer in a Caribbean population of African descentStéphane Mallick
Department of Urology, University Hospital, Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe
Urology 69:1165-9. 2007..To investigate whether the glutathione S-transferase polymorphisms GSTM1 and/or GSTT1 contribute to prostate cancer risk in a Caribbean population of African descent in Guadeloupe...
- Parallel assessment of male reproductive function in workers and wild rats exposed to pesticides in banana plantations in GuadeloupeLuc Multigner
INSERM, U625, Rennes, France
Environ Health 7:40. 2008..We carried out a joint study in Guadeloupe assessing the reproductive function of workers exposed to pesticides in banana plantations and of male wild rats living in these plantations...
- Associations of plasma concentrations of dichlorodiphenyldichloroethylene and polychlorinated biphenyls with prostate cancer: a case-control study in Guadeloupe (French West Indies)Elise Emeville
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, UMR 1085, IRSET, Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe, France
Environ Health Perspect 123:317-23. 2015..Long-term exposure to persistent pollutants with hormonal properties (endocrine-disrupting chemicals; EDCs) may contribute to the risk of prostate cancer (PCa). However, epidemiological evidence remains limited...
- Perinatal exposure to chlordecone, thyroid hormone status and neurodevelopment in infants: the Timoun cohort study in Guadeloupe (French West Indies)Sylvaine Cordier
INSERM, U1085 Irset, F 35000 Rennes, France University of Rennes I, F 35000 Rennes, France Electronic address
Environ Res 138:271-8. 2015..Chlordecone, an organochlorine insecticide widely used in the French West Indies has known estrogenic and progestin properties, but no data is available, human or animal, on its action on thyroid hormone system...
- Copy number variation of GSTT1 and GSTM1 and the risk of prostate cancer in a Caribbean population of African descentElise Emeville
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U1085, Institut de Recherche sur la Santé, l Environnement et le Travail IRSET, Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe, France Université de Rennes 1, Rennes, France
PLoS ONE 9:e107275. 2014..Conflicting results have been obtained. Moreover, most such studies could not discriminate heterozygous from homozygous carriers of the non-deleted alleles...
- Persistent organochlorine pollutants with endocrine activity and blood steroid hormone levels in middle-aged menElise Emeville
Inserm U1085, IRSET, Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe, French West Indies
PLoS ONE 8:e66460. 2013....
- Multiple myeloma and pregnancy: a case report and literature reviewDaphné Borja de Mozota
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pointe à Pitre Abymes University Hospital, BP 465, 97159 Pointe à Pitre cedex, Guadeloupe, France
Arch Gynecol Obstet 284:945-50. 2011..We carried out a literature review in order to evaluate the consequences of this cancer on pregnancy and of pregnancy on multiple myeloma, as to determine the specific follow-up required...
- 0280 Occupational risk factors for prostate cancer: a case-control study in Guadeloupe (French West Indies)Karène Morvan
Inserm U1085, Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe, France
Occup Environ Med 71:A100. 2014..To study the associations between occupation, industry and prostate cancer risk in Guadeloupe, a high incidence area...
- Age at breast cancer diagnosis in populations of african and European ancestryPhilippe Kadhel
centre hospitalier universitaire de Pointe à Pitre Abymes, pôle parent enfant, Service de Gynecologie et Obstetrique, Pointe A Pitre cedex, Guadeloupe, France Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Inserm U1085 IRSET, Pointe A Pitre cedex, Guadeloupe, France
Breast J 20:180-4. 2014..These descriptive findings suggest that populations of African ancestry cannot be considered uniform when determining whether it would be appropriate to decrease the age of entry into screening programs for breast cancer. ..
- Prostate cancer incidence in guadeloupe, a French Caribbean archipelagoStéphane Mallick
Department of Urology, University Hospital, Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe, French West Indies
Eur Urol 47:769-72. 2005..To determine the incidence rate of prostate cancer in Guadeloupe, a French Caribbean archipelago with 420,000 inhabitants, 90% of whom are of African descent...