Genomes and Genes
- Quantification of VEGF isoforms and VEGFR transcripts by qRT-PCR and their significance in acute myeloid leukemiaSamia Mourah
INSERM U716, Laboratoire de Pharmacologie AP HP, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Int J Biol Markers 24:22-31. 2009..Our findings show that the level of VEGF121 mRNA in circulating cells from AML patients is a strong independent prognostic parameter, which could be useful in the management of unselected AML patients...
- EMMPRIN/CD147 up-regulates urokinase-type plasminogen activator: implications in oral tumor progressionGéraldine Lescaille
INSERM, UMR S 940, Paris F 75010, France
BMC Cancer 12:115. 2012..abstract:..
- Distinct expression patterns of the E3 ligase SIAH-1 and its partner Kid/KIF22 in normal tissues and in the breast tumoral processesHeriberto Bruzzoni-Giovanelli
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie Experimentale et Clinique, Département Cibles Pharmacologiques dans les Cancers, Universite Paris 7 Denis Diderot, INSERM U940, 27 rue Juliette Dodu, 75010 Paris, France
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 29:10. 2010..Our observations also underline the need to re-evaluate the results of gene expression obtained by qRT-PCR and relate it to the protein expression and cellular localization when matched normal and tumoral tissues are analyzed...
- EMMPRIN promotes melanoma cells malignant properties through a HIF-2alpha mediated up-regulation of VEGF-receptor-2Faten Bougatef
INSERM, UMR S 940 Laboratoire de Pharmacologie, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 5:e12265. 2010..The inhibition of EMMPRIN in cancer may thus simultaneously target both the VEGFR-2/VEGF system and the matrix degrading proteases to block tumor cell growth and invasion...
- EMMPRIN promotes angiogenesis through hypoxia-inducible factor-2alpha-mediated regulation of soluble VEGF isoforms and their receptor VEGFR-2Faten Bougatef
INSERM Unité 940, Paris, France
Blood 114:5547-56. 2009....
- Extracellular matrix metalloproteinase inducer up-regulates the urokinase-type plasminogen activator system promoting tumor cell invasionCathy Quemener
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale U716, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France
Cancer Res 67:9-15. 2007..These data show a novel regulatory pathway for uPA activity and suggest that EMMPRIN is involved in uPA dysregulation observed in cancer...
- Identification of a novel biomarker signature associated with risk for bone metastasis in patients with renal cell carcinomaBernard Paule
INSERM, UMRS 940, Paris, France
Int J Biol Markers 25:112-5. 2010..Indeed, these predictive markers could be useful to identify subclinical disease, improve staging, and guide treatment decisions...
- VEGF and VEGFR-1 are coexpressed by epithelial and stromal cells of renal cell carcinomaJacqueline Rivet
Laboratoire de Pathologie and U728, INSERM, Universite Paris 7, Hopital Saint Louis, AP HP, and Institut Universitaire d Hématologie, Paris, France
Cancer 112:433-42. 2008..The expression of VEGF and its receptors VEGFR-1 and VEGFR-2 in renal cell carcinoma (RCC) was investigated in the perspective of anti-VEGF treatments...
- Soluble isoforms of vascular endothelial growth factor are predictors of response to sunitinib in metastatic renal cell carcinomasBernard Paule
INSERM, UMRS 940, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 5:e10715. 2010..Tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKI) have proven efficacy in metastatic RCC (mRCC). However, the molecular mechanisms underlying the clinical response to these drugs remain unclear...
- A reliable method for the selection of exploitable melanoma archival paraffin embedded tissues for transcript biomarker profilingCeleste Lebbe
Departement de Dermatologie, Hôpital Saint Louis Paris, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e29143. 2012..This assay which can be extended to other genes would however need validation at the clinical level and on independent tumor series...
- Platelets, thrombospondin-1 and human dermal fibroblasts cooperate for stimulation of endothelial cell tubulogenesis through VEGF and PAI-1 regulationSabrina Kellouche
INSERM, U553, Univ Paris 7, IUH, Paris, F 75010, France
Exp Cell Res 313:486-99. 2007..Our results suggest that platelet TSP-1 released in a wound stimulates endothelial cell tubulogenesis through an upregulation of DF VEGF expression and a downregulation of endothelial cell PAI-1 expression...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor-A is expressed both on lymphoma cells and endothelial cells in angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma and related to lymphoma progressionWei-Li Zhao
ERM-0220, , , Paris, France
Lab Invest 84:1512-9. 2004..In addition to lymphoma cells themselves, the vascular component, a critical pathologic characteristic in AITL, also contributes to lymphoma progression...
- Inhibition of the proprotein convertases represses the invasiveness of human primary melanoma cells with altered p53, CDKN2A and N-Ras genesClaude Lalou
INSERM, UMRS940, Equipe Avenir, Institut de Genetique Moleculaire, Hopital Saint Louis, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 5:e9992. 2010..These alterations were found to be responsible for acquisition of invasive and metastatic potential through their defective regulatory control of metalloproteinases and urokinase genes...
- Highly sensitive multivariable assay detection of melanocytic differentiation antigens and angiogenesis biomarkers in sentinel lymph nodes with melanoma micrometastasesDominique Vitoux
Unité Fonctionnelle Diagnostic Biologique Automatise, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unité Mixte de Recherche 7151, Paris, France
Arch Dermatol 145:1105-13. 2009..To evaluate the prognostic value of melanocytic differentiation antigens and angiogenesis biomarkers in sentinel lymph nodes (SLNs) with melanoma micrometastases...
- Platelet type III collagen binding protein (TIIICBP) presents high biochemical and functional similarities with kindlin-3Ibtissem Djaafri
INSERM, U553, Hopital Saint Louis, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
Biochimie 94:416-26. 2012....
- β-Catenin and NF-κB cooperate to regulate the uPA/uPAR system in cancer cellsMarie Moreau
INSERM, UMR S 940, Paris, France
Int J Cancer 128:1280-92. 2011..These data suggest that β-catenin regulates the uPA/uPAR system in cooperation with NF-κB transcription factor, which constitutes a novel mechanism of regulation...
- Overexpression of vascular endothelial growth factor 189 in breast cancer cells leads to delayed tumor uptake with dilated intratumoral vesselsMarie Astrid Herve
INSERM U553, Institut Universitaire d Hematologie, Hopital Saint Louis, University of Paris VII, Paris, France
Am J Pathol 172:167-78. 2008..Whether VEGF189 overexpression is correlated to prognosis in human breast tumors remains to be established...
- Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus viremia is associated with the progression of classic and endemic Kaposi's sarcomaClaire Pellet
Laboratory of Pharmacology, INSERM U716, Saint-Louis Hospital, Paris, France
J Invest Dermatol 126:621-7. 2006..Our results show that there is no specific immunosuppression in classic or endemic KS. We showed that KSHV can be detected within CECs and that KSHV viremia could be an indicator of circulating mature or precursor spindle cells...
- Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) genome and expression in breast cancer tissue: effect of EBV infection of breast cancer cells on resistance to paclitaxel (Taxol)Hratch Arbach
INSERM U716, IUH, IFR Saint-Louis, 27 rue Juliette Dodu, 75010 Paris, France
J Virol 80:845-53. 2006..Consequently, even if a small number of breast cancer cells are EBV infected, the impact of EBV infection on the efficiency of anticancer treatment might be of importance...
- Regulation of extracellular matrix metalloproteinase inducer and matrix metalloproteinase expression by amphiregulin in transformed human breast epithelial cellsSuzanne Menashi
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie Experimentale et Clinique, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM E334, Institut de Genetique Moleculaire, Paris, France
Cancer Res 63:7575-80. 2003..AR and epidermal growth factor, therefore, regulate EMMPRIN and its MMP-mediated expression, identifying EGFR signaling as critical to this regulation...
- Late corneal perforation after photorefractive keratectomy associated with topical diclofenac: involvement of matrix metalloproteinasesEric E Gabison
Fondation Ophtalmologique A de Rothschild, Paris, France
Ophthalmology 110:1626-31. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: Prolonged use of diclofenac and diabetes mellitus might be responsible for the corneal perforation after PRK in our patient. MMP-9 and MMP-3 might be involved in delayed wound closure and corneal melting...