Jean Jacques Mourad
- [Severe hypertension: definition and patients profiles]Jean Jacques Mourad
Service de médecine interne et unité HTA, CHU Avicenne, AP HP, 93000 Bobigny, France
Rev Prat 63:672-6. 2013..This excess cost justified the existence of a full coverage of induced costs by the social security, since the incidence of severe hypertension is more frequent in the low social categories, and in patients with economic fragility...
- Objective for 2015: 70% of treated and controlled hypertensive patients. Seven key points to reach this goal in practice. A joint call for action of the French League Against Hypertension and the French Society of HypertensionJ J Mourad
Maison du Cœur, 5, rue des colonnes du Trône, 75012 Paris, France
J Mal Vasc 37:295-9. 2012..To achieve this goal, a simplified decisional algorithm is proposed: seven key points dedicated to general practice are emphasized...
- Blood pressure normalization in a large population of hypertensive patients treated with perindopril/indapamide combination: results of the OPTIMAX trialJean Jacques Mourad
Dept Internal Medicine and Hypertension Unit, Avicenne Hospital APHP and Paris 13 University, Bobigny, France
Vasc Health Risk Manag 3:173-80. 2007..To determine if the fixed-dose perindopril/indapamide combination (Per/Ind) normalizes blood pressure (BP) in the same fraction of hypertensive patients when treated in everyday practice or in controlled trials...
- Blood pressure normalization by fixed perindopril/indapamide combination in hypertensive patients with or without associate metabolic syndrome: results of the OPTIMAX 2 studyJean Jacques Mourad
APHP, Service de Medecine Interne, Hopital Avicenne, Bobigny, France
Vasc Health Risk Manag 4:443-51. 2008....
- Blood pressure control, risk factors and cardiovascular prognosis in patients with diabetes: 30 years of progressJean Jacques Mourad
, , 93000 Bobigny, France
J Hypertens 26:S7-S14. 2008..Nevertheless, the major coronary event risk remains high in type 2 diabetes patients, and the results of the ADVANCE trial provided a step forward in treatment...
- Blood pressure control, risk factors and cardiovascular prognosis in patients with diabetes: 30 years of progressJean Jacques Mourad
Hypertension Unit, Avicenne University Hospital AP HP and Paris 13 University EA 3412, 93000 Bobigny, France
J Hypertens Suppl 26:S7-13. 2008..Nevertheless, the major coronary event risk remains high in type 2 diabetes patients, and the results of the ADVANCE trial provided a step forward in treatment...
- Effective systolic blood pressure reduction with olmesartan medoxomil/amlodipine combination therapy: post hoc analysis of data from a randomized, double-blind, parallel-group, multicentre studyJean Jacques Mourad
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Avicenne Hospital and University Paris XIII, Bobigny, France
Clin Drug Investig 29:419-25. 2009..The aim of this report is to present results from a post hoc analysis of this study to further evaluate the effects of this combination on SBP...
- Heart protection: a key target in the management of patients with diabetesJean Jacques Mourad
Unité Médecine Interne HTA, CHU Avicenne AP HP, Bobigny, France
J Hypertens Suppl 27:S9-13. 2009....
- Screening of unrecognized peripheral arterial disease (PAD) using ankle-brachial index in high cardiovascular risk patients free from symptomatic PADJean Jacques Mourad
Department of Internal Medicine, Avicenne University Hospital AP HP and Paris 13 University, Bobigny, France
J Vasc Surg 50:572-80. 2009..Although PAD is a consistent predictor of cardiovascular morbidity and mortality, it is often under-diagnosed and under-treated...
- Evaluation of high dose of perindopril/indapamide fixed combination in reducing blood pressure and improving end-organ protection in hypertensive patientsJ J Mourad
Avicenne University Hospital, AP HP and University of Paris 13 EA3412, Bobigny, France
Curr Med Res Opin 25:2271-80. 2009..625 mg [Per2/Ind0.625] and perindopril 4 mg/indapamide 1.25 mg [Per4/Ind1.25]), reduces blood pressure, end-organ damage, and cardiovascular morbidity and mortality in a wide range of hypertensive patients...
- Combinations of inhibitors of the renin-angiotensin system with calcium channel blockers for the treatment of hypertension: focus on perindopril/amlodipineJean Jacques Mourad
Dept of Internal Medicine and Arterial Hypertension, Avicenne Hospital, Bobigny Cedex, France
Curr Med Res Opin 26:2263-76. 2010..This article reviews the rationale for, and evidence supporting, the use of newer fixed-dose combinations of RAS inhibitors and CCBs, with particular emphasis on perindopril/amlodipine...
- Which patients benefit the most from the perindopril/amlodipine combinationJean Jacques Mourad
Department of Internal Medicine and Arterial Hypertension, Hopital Avicenne, Bobigny, France
J Hypertens 29:S23-8. 2011..Several studies in real-life settings show that a wide range of hypertensive patients, including everyday hypertensives with common risk factors, would benefit from the perindopril/amlodipine combination...
- Mechanisms of antiangiogenic-induced arterial hypertensionJean Jacques Mourad
Department of Internal Medicine and Arterial Hypertension, Avicenne Hospital, 125 rue de Stalingrad, 93000 Bobigny, France
Curr Hypertens Rep 13:289-93. 2011..Recently, several studies have suggested that early blood pressure rise was associated with better antitumoral efficacy and improved prognosis, making this commonly observed effect a promising marker of efficacy...
- Comparison of different therapeutic strategies in hypertension: a low-dose combination of perindopril/indapamide versus a sequential monotherapy or a stepped-care approachJean Jacques Mourad
Jean Jacques Mourad, Department of Internal Medicine, Avicenne Hospital, Bobigny, France
J Hypertens 22:2379-86. 2004..To compare the efficacy and the tolerability of three different strategies in the treatment of hypertension (low-dose combination, sequential monotherapy and stepped-care)...
- Peripheral arterial disease versus other localizations of vascular disease: the ATTEST studyJacques Blacher
Hotel Dieu Hospital, Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, AP HP, Paris, France
J Vasc Surg 44:314-8. 2006..Despite the increased cardiovascular morbidity and mortality risk of patients with peripheral arterial disease, previous worldwide studies have documented undertreatment of cardiovascular risk factors in such patients...
- The evolution of systolic blood pressure as a strong predictor of cardiovascular risk and the effectiveness of fixed-dose ARB/CCB combinations in lowering levels of this preferential targetJean Jacques Mourad
Hypertension Unit, Avicenne, Hospital AP HP and Paris XIII, University Bobigny, 125 rue de Stalingrad, Bobigny, France
Vasc Health Risk Manag 4:1315-25. 2008..In addition, results from studies with new classes of agent are outlined...
- Management of hypertension in adults: the 2013 French Society of Hypertension guidelinesJacques Blacher
Société Française d Hypertension Artérielle, Maison du Cœur, 5 rue des Colonnes du Trône, 75012, Paris, France
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 28:1-9. 2014..We hope that a vast dissemination of these simple guidelines will help to improve hypertension control in the French population from 50% to 70%, an objective expected to be achieved in 2015 in France...
- Urinary aldosterone-to-active-renin ratio: a useful tool for predicting resolution of hypertension after adrenalectomy in patients with aldosterone-producing adenomasJean Jacques Mourad
Hypertension Unit, Avicenne Hospital, AP HP, Paris XIII University EA 3412, Paris, France
Am J Hypertens 21:742-7. 2008..The purpose of this study was to determine the preoperative clinical and biological factors that predict the clinical outcomes after surgery, in subjects with aldosterone-producing adenomas (APAs)...
- Is hypertension a tissue perfusion disorder? Implications for renal and myocardial perfusionJean Jacques Mourad
Department of Internal Medicine, Avicenne Hospital, Bobigny, France
J Hypertens Suppl 24:S10-6. 2006..In comparative therapeutic studies, antihypertensive drugs have been shown to have different capacities for preventing or reversing changes to the microvasculature of affected organs...
- Impact of miscuffing during home blood pressure measurement on the prevalence of masked hypertensionJean Jacques Mourad
Excellence Center for Hypertension, CHU Avicenne, AP HP, Bobigny, France
Am J Hypertens 26:1205-9. 2013..In this prospective, observational study, the effect of miscuffing on hypertension status was evaluated in patients with large arms...
- Cardiovascular impact of exercise and drug therapy in older hypertensives with coronary heart disease: PREHACOR studyJean Jacques Mourad
Avicenne Hospital, AP HP and Paris XIII University EA 3412, Bobigny, France
Heart Vessels 23:20-5. 2008..66; CI = 0.45-0.95) and regular exercise (OR 0.70; CI = 0.54-0.90). Regular exercise is significantly associated with fewer major cardiovascular events in hypertensive elderly subjects with established CHD...
- First evaluation using a validated scale of the risk of congestive heart failure among hypertensive patients treated by general practitioners (O-PREDICT survey)Albert Alain Hagège
Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris Descartes, 75015 Paris, France
Arch Cardiovasc Dis 103:176-83. 2010..Routine management of hypertensive adults is based on assessment of risk factors for coronary artery disease; risk factors for heart failure (HF) remain poorly investigated despite the key role of hypertension in HF development...
- Central pulse pressure and atherosclerotic alterations of coronary arteriesNicolas Danchin
Department of Cardiology, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Adv Cardiol 44:139-49. 2007..Finally, the ASCOT-CAFE trial found a positive correlation between pulse pressure and the occurrence of cardiovascular events, confirming the prognostic significance of this parameter...
- [Management of arterial hypertension in adults: 2013 guidelines of the French Society of Arterial Hypertension]Jacques Blacher
5, rue des colonnes du Trône, 75012 Paris, France
Presse Med 42:819-25. 2013..These guidelines include the following 15 recommendations, divided in three chapters, according to the timing of the medical management...
- Aortic pulse pressure and extent of coronary artery disease in percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty candidatesFrancois Philippe
Departement de Cardiologie, Institut Mutualiste Montsouris, Paris France
Am J Hypertens 15:672-7. 2002..Pulse pressure and aortic stiffness are both predictors of coronary artery disease. Whether these parameters are directly related to coronary structural alterations has never been studied...
- [Arterial pulse pressure]Jean Jacques Mourad
Service de médecine interne et HTA, Hopital Saint Michel, 33, rue Olivier de Serres 75730 Paris
Presse Med 31:1423-7. 2002....
- Improvement of impaired coronary vasodilator reserve in hypertensive patients by low-dose ACE inhibitor/diuretic therapy: a pilot PET studyJean Jacques Mourad
St Michel Hospital, Paris, France
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 4:94-5. 2003
- [Evaluation of different approaches to the treatment of arterial hypertension: combination treatment with low dose perindopril/indapamide versus sequential treatment of stepped-dose treatment]Michel Andrejak
CHU Amiens, Amiens, France
Therapie 58:351-2. 2003..5 mg)...
- Who is fooling us?Jean Jacques Mourad
Lancet 360:89. 2002
- Targeting systolic blood pressure: the key to controlling combined systolic/diastolic hypertensionBernard Waeber
Am J Hypertens 19:985-6. 2006
- Pulse pressure monitoring of open antihypertensive therapyMichel E Safar
Diagnostic Center, Hopital Hotel Dieu, 75181 Paris, France
Am J Hypertens 17:1088-94. 2004..Pulse pressure (PP) >60 mm Hg is an independent predictor of cardiovascular (CV) risk. Controlled studies showed that, unlike systolic and diastolic blood pressure (BP), PP responds minimally to placebo or no treatment...
- Evidence for an increased rate of cardiovascular events in patients with primary aldosteronismPaul Milliez
Department of Cardiology, Lariboisiere Hospital, Paris, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 45:1243-8. 2005..The aim of this report was to show that the rate of cardiovascular events is increased in patients with either subtype of primary aldosteronism (PA)...
- Application in the STRATHE trial of a score system to compare the efficacy and the tolerability of different therapeutic strategies in the management of hypertensionBernard Waeber
Division de physiopathologie clinique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois et Universite de Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Vasc Health Risk Manag 4:249-52. 2008..In the STRATHE trial the best results were observed with the fixed-dose combination containing low doses of an angiotensin enzyme converting inhibitor (perindopril) and a diuretic (indapamide)...
- Impaired tissue perfusion: a pathology common to hypertension, obesity, and diabetes mellitusBernard I Levy
Centre de Recherche Cardiovasculaire de Lariboisière, INSERM U689, Service d Explorations Fonctionnelles, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
Circulation 118:968-76. 2008
- Age-related increase of pulse pressure and gene polymorphisms in essential hypertension: a preliminary studyJean Jacques Mourad
Department of Internal Medicine and INSERM U337, Broussais Hospital, Paris, France
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 3:109-15. 2002..In subjects with essential hypertension, genes may modulate the age-mediated increase of PP. This finding gives new insights in the interactions between genes, mechanical factors and cardiovascular risk...
- Comparative effect of aspirin and clopidogrel on arterial function in CHFChristophe Meune
Department of Cardiology, Cochin Hospital, Rene Descartes University, 27 rue du Fg St Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
Int J Cardiol 106:61-6. 2006..Conversely, clopidogrel has no effect on prostaglandin metabolism. The aim of this study was to prospectively investigate the effect of aspirin and clopidogrel on arterial functional properties in CHF patients treated with ACEI...
- Aspirin alters arterial function in patients with chronic heart failure treated with ACE inhibitors: a dose-mediated deleterious effectChristophe Meune
Internal Medicine, Hospital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
Eur J Heart Fail 5:271-9. 2003..By inhibiting prostaglandin synthesis, aspirin can interfere with both arterial functional and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor (ACEI) properties and be deleterious in chronic heart failure (CHF)...
- Interaction between cyclooxygenase and the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system: rationale and clinical relevanceChristophe Meune
Department of Cardiology, Cochin Hospital, Rene Descartes University, Paris, France
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 4:149-54. 2003..Until such studies are published, the use of low-dose aspirin (100 mg/day) in such patients can be recommended...
- Aortic pulse pressure is related to the presence and extent of coronary artery disease in men undergoing diagnostic coronary angiography: a multicenter studyNicolas Danchin
Department of Cardiology, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
Am J Hypertens 17:129-33. 2004..In the general population, pulse pressure (PP) is a correlate of cardiovascular outcomes. Few data are available regarding the links between PP and documented coronary artery disease (CAD)...