- Postural reorganization of weight-shifting in below-knee amputees during leg raisingL Mouchnino
Laboratoire Mouvement et Perception Faculté des Sciences du Sport, Marseille, France
Exp Brain Res 121:205-14. 1998..The early thrust, which could be exerted by either the sound or prosthetic leg, may have increased the efficiency of the second, classical thrust by initiating a swing...
- Sensori-motor adaptation to knee osteoarthritis during stepping-down before and after total knee replacementL Mouchnino
Laboratory of Movement and Perception, Faculty of Sport Sciences, 163 av de Luminy, 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 6:21. 2005..It was hypothesized that pain rather than knee joint mobility affects the coordination between balance and movement control...
- Behavioral outcomes following below-knee amputation in the coordination between balance and leg movementL Mouchnino
Laboratoire Mouvement et Perception, Faculte des Sciences du Sport, 163 av de Luminy, 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
Gait Posture 24:4-13. 2006..We conclude that a feedback mechanism is involved and discuss the hypothesis that this inter-joint coordination in amputees results from a failure in the pre-setting of the inter-joint coupling...
- Are human anticipatory postural adjustments affected by a modification of the initial position of the center of gravity?M L Mille
Laboratoire Mouvement et Perception, Faculte des Sciences du Sport, Marseille, France
Neurosci Lett 242:61-4. 1998..They suggest that the evaluation of the support conditions is necessary to calibrate the CG shift, this is done during the early phase of the postural adjustments...
- Is perception of upper body orientation based on the inertia tensor? Normogravity versus microgravity conditionsN Gueguen
Laboratoire Mouvement et Perception, Faculte des Sciences du Sport, CNRS Université de la Méditerranée, 163 Avenue de Luminy, 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
Exp Brain Res 156:471-7. 2004....
- Anticipatory balance control is affected by loadless training experiencesG Robert
Laboratoire Mouvement et Perception, , , 163 av. de Luminy, , France
Hum Mov Sci 23:169-83. 2004..In addition, the lack of differences in the backward CP shift suggests that M/L and A/P controls support two functional goals: equilibrium maintenance and movement initiation...
- [Biomechanical consequences of a knee osteoarthritis on the opposite lower limb]J M Viton
Département universitaire de médecine physique et de réadaptation, Faculte de Medecine, AP HM, Universite de la Mediterranee, 92 rue A Blanqui, 13005 Marseille, France
Ann Readapt Med Phys 46:191-7. 2003..The aim of this work was to study the compensatory strategies built up by patients with unilateral knee arthritis during stair descent. These compensatory strategies might induce increased biomechanical constraints on the unaffected knee...
- Interaction between attention demanding motor and cognitive tasks and static postural stabilityD L Weeks
Departmentof Physical Therapy, Regis University, Denver, CO 80221, USA
Gerontology 49:225-32. 2003..It is possible that attention-demanding focal tasks performed concurrent with postural regulation influence postural stability...