- [Physiological and pathophysiological features of the control of lipolysis and lipid mobilization by natriuretic peptides]Cedric Moro
INSERM, U586, Unité de Recherche sur les Obésités, F 31432 Toulouse
J Soc Biol 200:67-76. 2006..The molecular basis of this inverse correlation is not yet demonstrated from a functional standpoint. Further studies are needed to clearly define the pathophysiological role of NP in obesity and heart failure...
- Atrial natriuretic peptide stimulates lipid mobilization during repeated bouts of endurance exerciseCedric Moro
Franco Czech Laboratory for Clinical Research on Obesity, French Institute of Health and Medical Research INSERM U586, Toulouse, France
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 290:E864-9. 2006..The results suggest that ANP is involved in the control of lipolysis during exercise and that it contributes to stimulation of lipolysis during repeated bouts of exercise...
- Cardiovascular and metabolic effects of natriuretic peptidesCedric Moro
Department of Medical and Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Toulouse, France
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 20:41-9. 2006..This review will briefly describe the effects of NP on the cardiovascular system and lipid metabolism...
- Atrial natriuretic peptide contributes to physiological control of lipid mobilization in humansCedric Moro
Unité de Recherches sur les Obésités, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U586, Toulouse, France
FASEB J 18:908-10. 2004..Oral beta-adrenergic receptor blockade, which potentiates exercise-induced ANP release by the heart, may contribute to lipid mobilization in SCAT. The potential relevance of an ANP-related lipid-mobilizing pathway is discussed...
- Atrial natriuretic peptide contribution to lipid mobilization and utilization during head-down bed rest in humansCedric Moro
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U858, Laboratoire de Recherche sur les Obésités, Toulouse, France
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 293:R612-7. 2007..In this physiological setting, independent of increasing catecholamines, our study suggests that ANP contributes to lipid mobilization and oxidation in healthy young men...
- Training enhances ANP lipid-mobilizing action in adipose tissue of overweight menCedric Moro
Franco Czech Laboratory for Clinical Research on Obesity, INSERM U586, Institut Louis Bugnard, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Toulouse, Universite Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France
Med Sci Sports Exerc 37:1126-32. 2005....
- Natriuretic peptides and fat metabolismCedric Moro
aINSERM, UMR1048, Obesity Research Laboratory, Institute of Metabolic and Cardiovascular Diseases I2MC bUMR1048, Paul Sabatier University, Toulouse, France
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 16:645-9. 2013..Cardiac natriuretic peptides have emerged as potent metabolic hormones during the past decade. We here discuss recent work highlighting the potential importance of these hormones in metabolic physiology and diseases...
- Functional and pharmacological characterization of the natriuretic peptide-dependent lipolytic pathway in human fat cellsCedric Moro
Unité de Recherches sur les Obésités, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Universitaire Rangueil, Toulouse, France
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 308:984-92. 2004..They are unaffected by insulin pretreatments of fat cells but undergo desensitization. In the search of potent and specific natriuretic peptide receptor-A antagonist, in the human fat cell, A71915 was the only reliable one found...
- Natriuretic peptides and cGMP signaling control of energy homeostasisCedric Moro
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale UPS UMR 1048 I2MC Institute of Metabolic and Cardiovascular Diseases, Toulouse, France
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 304:H358-68. 2013..e., white and brown adipose tissues, skeletal muscle, liver, and pancreas). These recent results on NPs are opening a new chapter into the physiological properties and therapeutic usefulness of this family of hormones...
- Partial inhibition of adipose tissue lipolysis improves glucose metabolism and insulin sensitivity without alteration of fat massAmandine Girousse
INSERM, UMR1048, Obesity Research Laboratory, Institute of Metabolic and Cardiovascular Diseases, Toulouse, France University of Toulouse, UMR1048, Paul Sabatier University, France
PLoS Biol 11:e1001485. 2013..Thus, reduction in WAT lipolysis reshapes FA fluxes without increase of fat mass and improves glucose metabolism through cell-autonomous induction of fat cell de novo lipogenesis, which contributes to improved insulin sensitivity...
- Immune cell Toll-like receptor 4 mediates the development of obesity- and endotoxemia-associated adipose tissue fibrosisIsabelle K Vila
Franco Czech Laboratory for Clinical Research on Obesity, INSERM, 31432 Toulouse Cedex 4, France Obesity Research Laboratory, Institute of Metabolic and Cardiovascular Diseases, UMR1048, INSERM, 31432 Toulouse Cedex 4, France UMR1048, Paul Sabatier University, University of Toulouse, 31432 Toulouse Cedex 4, France
Cell Rep 7:1116-29. 2014..Together, these results indicate that obesity and endotoxemia favor the development of adipose tissue fibrosis, a condition associated with insulin resistance, through immune cell Toll-like receptor 4...