- Effect of the mitochondrial transition pore inhibitor, S-15176, on rat liver mitochondria: ATP synthase modulation and mitochondrial uncoupling inductionDidier Morin
INSERM, U660, Creteil F 94010, France Université Paris XII, Creteil F 94010, France
Biochem Pharmacol 72:911-8. 2006..These data demonstrate that S-15176 interacts with several targets in mitochondria and these pharmacological properties should be considered in the examination of its health benefits as well as its potential cytotoxicity...
- The differential effects of superoxide anion, hydrogen peroxide and hydroxyl radical on cardiac mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylationRoland Zini
INSERM, U841, Creteil, F 94010, France
Free Radic Res 41:1159-66. 2007..Our results show that O(2)*(-), H(2)O(2) and HO* act on different mitochondrial targets to alter ATP synthesis, mostly through inhibition of NADH production...
- Resveratrol protects against cold ischemia-warm reoxygenation-induced damages to mitochondria and cells in rat liverCatherine Plin
INSERM, U660, , F-94010 France
Eur J Pharmacol 528:162-8. 2005..These data demonstrate that resveratrol ameliorates the liver injury induced by CPWR and appears as a promising drug to improve the primary function of the grafted liver after transplantation...
- Regular treadmill exercise restores cardioprotective signaling pathways in obese mice independently from improvement in associated co-morbiditiesSandrine Pons
INSERM, U955, Equipe 3, Creteil, 94000, France
J Mol Cell Cardiol 54:82-9. 2013....
- Effects of curcumin and curcumin derivatives on mitochondrial permeability transition poreHeidi Ligeret
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie, Faculte de Medecine, Creteil, France
Free Radic Biol Med 36:919-29. 2004..These data suggest that the mechanism by which curcumin promotes PTP opening involves the reduction of Fe3+ to Fe2+, inducing hydroxyl radical (HO*) production and oxidation of thiol groups in the membrane, leading to pore opening...
- Fluoride curcumin derivatives: new mitochondrial uncoupling agentsHeidi Ligeret
FEBS Lett 569:37-42. 2004..Moreover, they are able to induce PTP opening by promoting the oxidation of thiol groups and the release of cytochrome c, making these two molecules potential candidates for induction of apoptosis...
- [3H]BHDP as a novel and selective ligand for sigma1 receptors in liver mitochondria and brain synaptosomes of the ratAnis Klouz
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie, EA427, , , France
FEBS Lett 553:157-62. 2003..Taken together, these results demonstrate that [(3)H]BHDP is a potent and selective ligand for sigma1 receptors showing cytoprotective effects in astrocytes...
- Protection of cellular and mitochondrial functions against liver ischemia by N-benzyl-N'-(2-hydroxy-3,4-dimethoxybenzyl)-piperazine (BHDP), a sigma1 ligandAnis Klouz
Unité d Expérimentation Animale, Faculte de Medecine de Tunis, Tunisia
Eur J Pharmacol 578:292-9. 2008..These data demonstrate that BHDP protects liver against the deleterious effects of ischemia-reperfusion and suggest that sigma(1) receptors play an important role in the protective effect...
- Cardioprotective effect of morphine and a blocker of glycogen synthase kinase 3 beta, SB216763 [3-(2,4-dichlorophenyl)-4(1-methyl-1H-indol-3-yl)-1H-pyrrole-2,5-dione], via inhibition of the mitochondrial permeability transition poreFatou Nsoure Obame
INSERM U 841, F 94010 Creteil, France
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 326:252-8. 2008....
- Intercostal and abdominal respiratory motoneurons in the neonatal rat spinal cord: spatiotemporal organization and responses to limb afferent stimulationAurore Giraudin
Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, UMR CNRS 5227, Laboratoire Mouvement Adaptation Cognition, Bâtiment 2A, 146 rue Leo Saignat, Bordeaux, France
J Neurophysiol 99:2626-40. 2008....
- Prevention of heart failure in rats by trimetazidine treatment: a consequence of accelerated phospholipid turnover?Imene Tabbi-Anneni
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique UR1154, Lipides Membranaires et Fonctions Cardiovasculaires, Faculte de Pharmacie, Chatenay Malabry, France
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 304:1003-9. 2003..This cytoprotection suggests that membrane homeostasis preservation may be considered as a therapeutic target in the treatment of heart failure...
- Peripheral benzodiazepine receptor-induced myocardial protection is mediated by inhibition of mitochondrial membrane permeabilizationFatou Nsoure Obame
INSERM U841, Equipe 3, Facultéde Médecine de Paris XII, 8 rue du General Sarrail, F 94010, Creteil, France
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 323:336-45. 2007..This is due to a reorganization of the balance between pro- and antiapoptotic proteins of the Bcl-2 family proteins at the level of mitochondrial membranes...
- Locomotor rhythmogenesis in the isolated rat spinal cord: a phase-coupled set of symmetrical flexion extension oscillatorsLaurent Juvin
Universite Bordeaux 1, UMR CNRS 5227, Laboratoire Mouvement Adaptation Cognition bâtiment 2A, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux, France
J Physiol 583:115-28. 2007....
- Ferulenol specifically inhibits succinate ubiquinone reductase at the level of the ubiquinone cycleMesbah Lahouel
Département de pharmacologie et phytochimie, Université de Jijel, Algeria
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 355:252-7. 2007..In addition, these data provide an additional mechanism by which ferulenol may alter cell function and demonstrate that mitochondrial dysfunction is an important determinant in Ferula plant toxicity...
- Implication of mitochondrial dysfunction and cell death in cold preservation--warm reperfusion-induced hepatocyte injuryMarjolaine Duval
, , , P.O. Box 6128, Downtown Station, , QC H3C 3J7, Canada
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 84:547-54. 2006..Combined protection of mitochondria and endoplasmic reticulum may thus represent an innovative therapeutic avenue to enhance liver graft viability and functional integrity...
- Dual effect of ebselen on mitochondrial permeability transitionDidier Morin
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie, Faculte de Medecine, Creteil, France
Biochem Pharmacol 65:1643-51. 2003..These data demonstrate that ebselen is able to modulate the opening of the permeability transition pore and that it might be a critical event for both the proapoptotic and cytoprotective activities of the drug...
- Role of the permeability transition pore in cytochrome C release from mitochondria during ischemia-reperfusion in rat liverDidier Morin
Departement de Pharmacologie, Faculté de Médecine de Paris XII, 8 rue du General Sarrail, F 94010 Creteil, France
Biochem Pharmacol 68:2065-73. 2004....
- Protection by cyclosporin A of mitochondrial and cellular functions during a cold preservation-warm reperfusion of rat liverCatherine Plin
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie, , , France
Eur J Pharmacol 495:111-8. 2004..However, this target can be considered as a promising adjunct therapeutic approach to improve the primary function of the grafted liver after transplantation...
- Evidence for sigma-1-like receptors in isolated rat liver mitochondrial membranesAnis Klouz
, , , France
Br J Pharmacol 135:1607-15. 2002..The pharmacological significance of these sites and their role on mitochondrial function remain unknown...