- Impairments in motor coordination without major changes in cerebellar plasticity in the Tc1 mouse model of Down syndromeMicaela Galante
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie de la Synapse, CNRS UMR 8619, Universite Paris Sud, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Hum Mol Genet 18:1449-63. 2009..Our observations provide further evidence that support the validity of the Tc1 mouse as a model for DS, which will help us to provide insights into the causal factors responsible for motor deficits observed in persons with DS...
- Preservation of long-term memory and synaptic plasticity despite short-term impairments in the Tc1 mouse model of Down syndromeElise Morice
Division of Neurophysiology, National Institute for Medical Research, London NW7 1AA, United Kingdom
Learn Mem 15:492-500. 2008..Our observations also provide further evidence that STM and LTM for hippocampus-dependent tasks are subserved by parallel processing streams...
- [Relevance of animal models in the study of human pathologies: a mouse model of Down syndrome]Elise Morice
Laboratoire de Neurobiologie de l Apprentissage, de la Mémoire et de la Communication NAMC, CNRS UMR 8620, Universite Paris Sud, Batiment 446, Orsay Cedex, France
Biol Aujourdhui 204:3-8. 2010..In the long term, Tc1 mice will contribute to the development and the screening of new therapeutics, with the goal of improving all the impairments reported in Down syndrome...
- Phenotypic expression of the targeted null-mutation in the dopamine transporter gene varies as a function of the genetic backgroundElise Morice
INSERM U513, Neurobiologie et Psychiatrie, 8 rue du General Sarrail, 94010 Creteil Cedex, France
Eur J Neurosci 20:120-6. 2004..These findings reveal the extent of phenotypic variation associated with the DAT mutation. They also provide concrete arguments against the assumption that the normal function of a gene can be inferred directly from its mutant phenotype...
- Parallel loss of hippocampal LTD and cognitive flexibility in a genetic model of hyperdopaminergiaElise Morice
INSERM U513, Neurobiologie et Psychiatrie, 94010 Creteil Cedex, France
Neuropsychopharmacology 32:2108-16. 2007....
- Loss of X-linked mental retardation gene oligophrenin1 in mice impairs spatial memory and leads to ventricular enlargement and dendritic spine immaturityMalik Khelfaoui
Department of Genetic and Development, Institut Cochin, Universite Paris Descartes, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unite Mixte de Recherche 8104, F 75014 Paris, France
J Neurosci 27:9439-50. 2007..Altogether, these observations indicate that cognitive impairment related to OPHN1 loss of function is associated with both presynaptic and postsynaptic alterations...
- Constitutive hyperdopaminergia is functionally associated with reduced behavioral lateralizationElise Morice
INSERM U513, Neurobiologie et Psychiatrie, Creteil Cedex, France
Neuropsychopharmacology 30:575-81. 2005..Our results support the degree of lateralization as a good candidate phenotype to further improve genetic analysis of cerebral lateralization in normal and pathological conditions...
- Cerebral asymmetry and behavioral lateralization in rats chronically lacking n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acidsSylvie Vancassel
INRA Laboratoire de Nutrition et Sécurité Alimentaire, Jouy en Josas, France
Biol Psychiatry 58:805-11. 2005....