Genomes and Genes
- [Contribution of the laboratory in case of resistance to acyclovir of herpes simplex and varicella zoster virus]F Morfin
Laboratoire de virologie des Hospices civils de Lyon, Domaine Rockefeller, 8 avenue Rockefeller, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 61:33-40. 2003..Alternative treatments using drugs such as foscarnet or cidofovir which have a different mechanism of action compared to acyclovir, are recommended but these molecules are often more toxic than acyclovir...
- Cytomegalovirus and adenovirus infections and diseases among 75 paediatric unrelated allogeneic bone marrow transplant recipientsFlorence Morfin
Laboratory of Virology of the Hospices Civils de Lyon, France
J Med Virol 72:257-62. 2004....
- Drug targets in herpes simplex and Epstein Barr Virus infectionsGeneviève Billaud
Laboratoire de Virologie Est, Centre de biologie et pathologie est, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Bron, France
Infect Disord Drug Targets 9:117-25. 2009..One alternative is to develop drugs with different mechanisms of action. The present article reviews potential targets, viral and cellular, for which specific inhibitors have been identified...
- Phenotypic and genetic characterization of thymidine kinase from clinical strains of varicella-zoster virus resistant to acyclovirF Morfin
Laboratoire de virologie des Hospices civils de Lyon, 69373 Lyon, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 43:2412-6. 1999..These areas are putative candidates for a genotypic diagnosis of ACV resistance...
- Reactivation of acyclovir-resistant thymidine kinase-deficient herpes simplex virus harbouring single base insertion within a 7 Gs homopolymer repeat of the thymidine kinase geneF Morfin
Laboratory of Virology, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
J Med Virol 62:247-50. 2000..These results corroborate the clinical relevance of this mutation, which is associated with acyclovir-resistant recurrent infections in humans...
- Detection of measles vaccine in the throat of a vaccinated childFlorence Morfin
Laboratory of Virology, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Domaine Rockefeller, 8 avenue Rockefeller, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Vaccine 20:1541-3. 2002..In the case presented here, the vaccine virus was isolated in the throat, showing that subcutaneous injection of an attenuated measles strain can result in respiratory excretion of this virus...
- Herpes simplex virus resistance to antiviral drugsFlorence Morfin
Laboratory of Virology of the Hospices Civils de Lyon, Domaine Rockefeller, 8 avenue Rockefeller, 69373 Cedex 08, Lyon, France
J Clin Virol 26:29-37. 2003..A high level of gene polymorphism has also been reported for these genes, especially for TK. These results are useful for the development of rapid genotypic assays for the detection of mutations associated with resistance...
- HSV excretion after bone marrow transplantation: a 4-year surveyFlorence Morfin
Laboratory of Virology of the Hospices Civils de Lyon, Domaine Rockefeller, 8 avenue Rockefeller, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08, France
J Clin Virol 30:341-5. 2004..Herpes simplex virus (HSV) oral excretions are common after bone marrow transplantation (BMT)...
- Differential susceptibility of adenovirus clinical isolates to cidofovir and ribavirin is not related to species aloneFlorence Morfin
Laboratoire de Virologie et Pathogenèse Humaine, Universite Lyon 1, CNRS FRE 3011, Lyon, France
Antivir Ther 14:55-61. 2009..All the serotypes tested were susceptible to cidofovir, whereas only serotypes from species C were sensitive to ribavirin. Here, we aimed to extend these investigations to clinical isolates...
- Genotypic detection of acyclovir-resistant HSV-1: characterization of 67 ACV-sensitive and 14 ACV-resistant virusesEmilie Frobert
Laboratoire de Virologie, Centre de Biologie et de Pathologie Est, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Bron Cedex, Lyon, France
Antiviral Res 79:28-36. 2008..DNA polymerase gene was afterwards explored. With this rapid PCR-based assay, ACV-resistant HSV could be detected directly in clinical specimens within 24 h...
- Effects of mutations on herpes simplex virus 1 thymidine kinase functionality: an in vitro assay based on detection of monophosphate forms of acyclovir and thymidine using HPLC/DADNicolas Malartre
Laboratoire de Virologie Est, Centre de biologie et pathologie est, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Antiviral Res 95:224-8. 2012..A reliable link between HSV UL23 TK mutations and ACV resistance is necessary for developing a powerful genotyping tool to detect ACV resistance quickly in clinical samples...
- Human parechovirus infections, Lyon, France, 2008-10: evidence for severe casesIsabelle Schuffenecker
Laboratoire de virologie des Hospices civils de Lyon, Hopital Femme Mere Enfant, 59 Boulevard Pinel, F 69677 Bron Cedex, France
J Clin Virol 54:337-41. 2012..Although data documenting the frequency and severity of human parechovirus type 3 (HPeV-3) infection in infants have been published in Canada, the USA, the UK and the Netherlands, no data from France are available...
- S-adenosyl methionine decarboxylase activity is required for the outcome of herpes simplex virus type 1 infection and represents a new potential therapeutic targetAnna Greco
INSERM U369, Faculté de Médecine Lyon R T H Laennec, Lyon, France
FASEB J 19:1128-30. 2005..Our data provide the opportunity to develop molecules with a novel mechanism of action for the treatment of herpes infection...
- Resistance of herpes simplex virus type 1 to acyclovir: thymidine kinase gene mutagenesis studyEmilie Frobert
Laboratoire de Virologie Est, Hospices Civils de Lyon, 8 avenue Rockefeller, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Antiviral Res 73:147-50. 2007..Mutations His105Pro, Leu364Pro and Asp162Ala lead to the loss of TK activity that could result in ACV-resistance...
- In vitro susceptibility of adenovirus to antiviral drugs is species-dependentFlorence Morfin
Laboratory of Virology, Edouard Herriot Hospital, Lyon, France
Antivir Ther 10:225-9. 2005..If our in vitro findings are predictive of virological responses in vivo, these results suggest that ribavirin would not be effective for management of non-C species adenovirus infections after HSCT...
- A screening dye-uptake assay to evaluate in vitro susceptibility of herpes simplex virus isolates to acyclovirChristelle Danve
Laboratory of Virology, 8 avenue Rockefeller, 69373 Cedex 08, Lyon, France
J Virol Methods 105:207-17. 2002..This test appeared to be half the cost and much easier to carry out than the conventional dye-uptake assay, and consequently is well suited for large scale surveillance...
- Influenza burden in febrile infants and young children in a pediatric emergency departmentDominique Ploin
Département d information médicale des Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Pediatr Infect Dis J 26:142-7. 2007..In France, epidemiologic data in children in ambulatory settings are scarce. We aimed to measure the burden of influenza in young children...
- A pharmacodynamic model of ganciclovir antiviral effect and toxicity for lymphoblastoid cells suggests a new dosing regimen to treat cytomegalovirus infectionAudrey Janoly-Dumenil
Hôpital Lyon Sud, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:3732-8. 2012..This optimal profile could be obtained by intravenous (i.v.) ganciclovir at 10 mg/kg of body weight twice daily (b.i.d.) at days 1, 2, 8.5, and 9.5 in stem cell transplant patients with normal renal function...
- Human parainfluenza virus type 4 infections: a report of 20 cases from 1998 to 2002Geneviève Billaud
Laboratoire de Virologie, Domaine Rockefeller, Hospices Civils de Lyon, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08, Lyon, France
J Clin Virol 34:48-51. 2005..Human Parainfluenza Viruses (HPIV) type 4 are responsible for respiratory infections. Unlike HPIV types 1-3, they are associated with mild infections and appear to be infrequent. Thus, they often go undetected...
- The clinical interest of HSV1 semi-quantification in bronchoalveolar lavageEmilie Frobert
Virology Laboratory, Centre de biologie et pathologie est, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
J Clin Virol 58:265-8. 2013..Quantitative PCR for HSV is not commonly available in clinical routine. Real-time PCR tests are, however, used commonly and provide semi-quantitative information based on the cycle threshold (Ct)...
- Ex vivo and in vivo inhibition of human rhinovirus replication by a new pseudosubstrate of viral 2A proteaseNisrine Falah
VirPatH, EMR 4610, Virologie et Pathologie Humaine, Universite Lyon 1, Universite de Lyon, Faculté de médecine Lyon Est, Secteur Laennec, Lyon, France
J Virol 86:691-704. 2012..To our knowledge, this is the first report validating a compound against HRV infection in a mouse model...
- Detection of human influenza A (H1N1) and B strains with reduced sensitivity to neuraminidase inhibitorsVanessa Escuret
Virologie et Pathologie Humaine, CNRS FRE 3011, Universite Lyon 1, 7 rue Guillaume Paradin, 69372 Lyon Cedex 08, France
J Clin Virol 41:25-8. 2008..Neuraminidase inhibitors (NAIs) have been used since 2005 in France...
- Topical imiquimod for recurrent acyclovir-resistant HSV infectionValerie Martinez
Am J Med 119:e9-11. 2006