- Cytokines in HIV-associated cardiomyopathyJean Jacques Monsuez
AP HP, Hopital Paul Brousse, Department of Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Universite Paris Sud 11, Faculte de Medecine, de Bicêtre, France 94804 Villejuif, France
Int J Cardiol 120:150-7. 2007..Whether modulation of TNF production or selective inhibition of p38 MAPK pathway could be useful approaches remains uncertain...
- Detection and prevention of cardiac complications of cancer chemotherapyJean Jacques Monsuez
Cardiologie, Hôpital René Muret, Hopitaux universitaires Paris Seine Saint Denis, France
Arch Cardiovasc Dis 105:593-604. 2012..Finally, the efficacy of cardiovascular drugs that have already been tested in clinical settings should be confirmed and compared with each other in patients in increased numbers...
- [Orthostatic hypotension: Epidemiology and mechanisms]Jean Jacques Monsuez
Hôpitaux universitaires de Paris Seine, Saint Denis, Hôpital René Muret, Service de cardiologie, 93270 Sevran, France Electronic address
Presse Med 41:1092-7. 2012..Clinical manifestations and tolerance of OH depends on its severity and on cerebral blood flow autoregulation, which both impact on the risk of syncope, trauma and subsequent prognosis...
- Impact of 6-year body weight change on cardiac geometry and function in ageing adults: the SUpplémentation en Vitamines et Minéraux AntioXydants -2 (SU.VI.MAX-2) cardiovascular ultrasound substudyJean Jacques Monsuez
Hôpital René Muret, Cardiologie, Policlinique médicale, Universite Paris 13, Faculté de Médecine de Bobigny, Sevran, France
J Hypertens 28:2309-15. 2010....
- Cardiac side-effects of cancer chemotherapyJean Jacques Monsuez
AP HP, Hôpital René Muret, Cardiologie, Policlinique médicale, Universite Paris 13, Faculté de Médecine de Bobigny, 93270 Sevran, France
Int J Cardiol 144:3-15. 2010..Management of patients at increased cardiovascular risk associated with advancing age, previous CAD or targeted therapies may be optimized by referral to a cardiologist in a cross-specialty teamwork...
- Cerebrovascular diseases in HIV-infected patientsJean Jacques Monsuez
AP HP, Hôpital René Muret, Cardiologie, Policlinique médicale, Universite Paris 13, Faculté de Médecine de Bobigny, SEVRAN 93270, France
Curr HIV Res 7:475-80. 2009..This suggests that vascular prevention should be performed on a long-term basis...
- HIV-associated vascular diseases: structural and functional changes, clinical implicationsJean Jacques Monsuez
AP HP, Hôpital René Muret, Policlinique médicale, Universite Paris, Sevran, France
Int J Cardiol 133:293-306. 2009..As the prognosis of HIV patients improves continuously, this rate is also likely to increase in the future...
- T cells subtypes in a patient with interferon-alpha induced sarcoidosisJean Jacques Monsuez
AP HP, Hopital Paul Brousse, Department of Internal Medicine, Universite Paris Sud 11, Faculté de Médecine de Bicêtre, Villejuif Cedex, France
Am J Med Sci 337:60-2. 2009..This activation process also improved over time, but more slowly than clinical symptoms...
- Subcapsular liver haematoma after cardiopulmonary resuscitation by untrained personnelJean Jacques Monsuez
Department of Internal Medicine, AP HP, Hopital Paul Brousse, Universite Paris Sud 11, Faculté de Médecine de Bicêtre, F 94804 Villejuif Cedex, France
Resuscitation 73:314-7. 2007..Subcapsular haematoma of the liver is a potentially life threatening complication that warrants consideration in survivors of cardiac arrest who have received closed chest compression and/or abdominal thrusts...
- Oxidative stress in patients with acute heart failureJean Christophe Charniot
Department of Cardiology, Avicenne Hospital AP HP, Bobigny, France
Rejuvenation Res 11:393-8. 2008..In acute heart failure, oxygen-free radicals are increased. We thus hypothetized that a modification in OS could be responsible for arrhythmias and complications of acute heart failure...
- Oxidative stress implication in a new ex-vivo cardiac concordant xenotransplantation modelJean Christophe Charniot
AP HP, Hospital Avicenne, Department of Cardiology, Paris XIII, France
Free Radic Res 41:911-8. 2007..1 vs. 2.4 +/- 0.3 mmol/l; p < 0.05) while vitamin A levels decreased (p < 0.05). XT was associated with a significant increase in ischemic injury and OS production. OS might play an eminent role in hyperacute humoral rejection...
- Brief report: carotid intima-media thickness in heavily pretreated HIV-infected patientsGilles Chironi
Centre de Médecine Préventive Cardiovasculaire and Unité CNRS UMR7131, Hopital Broussais, 96 rue Didot, 75674 Paris Cedex 14, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 32:490-3. 2003..This case-control study suggests that lipid disturbances, mainly hypoHDLemia, may be involved in the early atherosclerotic process in HIV-infected patients...