- Wichit S, Hamel R, Bernard E, Talignani L, Diop F, Ferraris P, et al. Imipramine Inhibits Chikungunya Virus Replication in Human Skin Fibroblasts through Interference with Intracellular Cholesterol Trafficking. Sci Rep. 2017;7:3145 pubmed publisher..Together, these data show that this compound is a potential drug candidate for anti-arboviral treatment. ..
- Le Coupanec A, Tchankouo Nguetcheu S, Roux P, Khun H, Huerre M, Morales Vargas R, et al. Co-Infection of Mosquitoes with Chikungunya and Dengue Viruses Reveals Modulation of the Replication of Both Viruses in Midguts and Salivary Glands of Aedes aegypti Mosquitoes. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..aegypti. The outcome of these mixed infections must be further studied to increase our understanding of pathogen-pathogen interactions in host cells. ..
- Ryckebusch F, Berthet M, Missé D, Choumet V. Infection of a French Population of Aedes albopictus and of Aedes aegypti (Paea Strain) with Zika Virus Reveals Low Transmission Rates to These Vectors' Saliva. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..albopictus. Although the salivary glands of both vectors are highly infected, transmission rates of ZIKV to saliva remain relatively low. These observations may suggest that the risk of emergence of ZIKV in Europe could be low. ..
- Pompon J, Morales Vargas R, Manuel M, Huat Tan C, Vial T, Hao Tan J, et al. A Zika virus from America is more efficiently transmitted than an Asian virus by Aedes aegypti mosquitoes from Asia. Sci Rep. 2017;7:1215 pubmed publisher..aegypti from 3 to 14 days post-infection than the Asian strain. Our data suggests that American strains are more efficiently transmitted than Asian strains, which raises concerns about the introduction of American strains in Asia. ..
- Jacqueline C, Tasiemski A, Sorci G, Ujvari B, Maachi F, Missé D, et al. Infections and cancer: the "fifty shades of immunity" hypothesis. BMC Cancer. 2017;17:257 pubmed publisher..Infectious organisms, that are not oncogenic neither oncolytic, may play a significant role in carcinogenesis, suggesting the need to increase our knowledge about immune interactions between infections and cancer. ..
- Roche B, Hochberg M, Caulin A, Maley C, Gatenby R, Missé D, et al. Natural resistance to cancers: a Darwinian hypothesis to explain Peto's paradox. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:387 pubmed publisher..This will provide important insights into mechanisms of cancer resistance. ..