Jean Paul Mira
- Determinants of mortality for adults with cystic fibrosis admitted in Intensive Care Unit: a multicenter studyJoelle Texereau
Service de Physiologie, AP HP, Hopital Cochin, 27 rue du Faubourg St Jacques, Paris, F 75014, France
Respir Res 7:14. 2006..This appraisal needs re-evaluation following recent changes in both CF management and ICU daily practice. Objectives were to determine long-term outcome of adults with CF admitted in ICU and to identify prognostic factors...
- Changes in aortic blood flow induced by passive leg raising predict fluid responsiveness in critically ill patientsA Lafanechère
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Cochin Hospital, APHP, Universite Paris Descartes, 27, rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75679 Paris Cedex 14, France
Crit Care 10:R132. 2006..Considering passive leg raising (PLR) as a reversible volume expansion (VE), we compared the relative abilities of PLR-induced ABF variations, LVETc and respiratory pulsed pressure variations (DeltaPP) to predict fluid responsiveness...
- The role of biomarkers in community-acquired pneumonia: predicting mortality and response to adjunctive therapyJean Paul Mira
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Cochin University Hospital, Assistance Publique, Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris Descartes, and INSERM U567, Paris 75014, France
Crit Care 12:S5. 2008..In the future it may also be possible to use genomic markers to identify patients at greatest risk for deterioration or complications...
- Infectious complications in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest patients in the therapeutic hypothermia eraNicolas Mongardon
Medical Intensive Care Unit, AP HP, Cochin Hospital, Paris, France
Crit Care Med 39:1359-64. 2011..We investigated the infectious complications in cardiac arrest survivors and assessed their impact on morbidity and long-term outcome...
- Early-onset pneumonia after cardiac arrest: characteristics, risk factors and influence on prognosisSebastien Perbet
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Cochin Hospital, Paris, France
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 184:1048-54. 2011..Although induced hypothermia is recommended as a method of improving neurological outcome, its influence on the occurrence of early-onset pneumonia is not well defined...
- Predictors of external cooling failure after cardiac arrestSylvie Ricome
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Cochin Hospital, Groupe Hospitalier Cochin Broca Hôtel Dieu, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, 27 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014, Paris, France
Intensive Care Med 39:620-8. 2013..We aimed to assess the rate of failure of external cooling after CA and to determine failure predictors...
- Benefit of an early and systematic imaging procedure after cardiac arrest: insights from the PROCAT (Parisian Region Out of Hospital Cardiac Arrest) registryJonathan Chelly
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Cochin Hospital, Groupe Hospitalier Cochin Broca Hôtel Dieu, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, 27 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
Resuscitation 83:1444-50. 2012..We investigated the ability of our imaging strategy to provide an early etiological diagnosis of OHCA and the influence of this strategy on ICU survival...
- Critical role of cRel subunit of NF-κB in sepsis survivalEmilie Courtine
Département de Biologie Cellulaire des Interactions Hôte Pathogène, Institut Cochin, Paris, France
Infect Immun 79:1848-54. 2011..In conclusion, cRel is a key NF-κB member required for host antimicrobial defenses and a regulatory transcription subunit that controls the inflammatory and immune responses in severe infection...
- Outcome of critically ill allogeneic hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation recipients: a reappraisal of indications for organ failure supportsFrédéric Pène
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Cochin Hospital, AP HP, Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 24:643-9. 2006....
- Predictive features of severe acquired ADAMTS13 deficiency in idiopathic thrombotic microangiopathies: the French TMA reference center experiencePaul Coppo
Service d Hématologie et de Thérapie Cellulaire, AP HP, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 5:e10208. 2010..3%, sensitivity of 98.8%, and specificity of 48.1%. Our criteria should be useful to identify rapidly newly diagnosed patients with an acquired ADAMTS13 deficiency to better tailor treatment for different pathophysiological groups...
- Temporal changes in management and outcome of septic shock in patients with malignancies in the intensive care unitFrédéric Pène
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Cochin Hospital, AP HP, Paris, France
Crit Care Med 36:690-6. 2008..We wished to explore whether outcome from septic shock has similarly improved for cancer patients, with regard to implementation of recent adjuvant therapies...
- Postresuscitation syndrome: potential role of hydroxyl radical-induced endothelial cell damageOlivier Huet
Réanimation Médicale, Universite Paris Descartes, hôpital Cochin Port Royal, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Crit Care Med 39:1712-20. 2011..However, the consequences of the reperfusion phase on endothelial reactive oxygen species production and redox homeostasis have not been explored in out of hospital cardiac arrest patients...
- Unusual "flesh-eating" strain of Escherichia coliDavid Grimaldi
Intensive Care Unit, Cochin University Hospital, 75014 Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Paris, France
J Clin Microbiol 48:3794-6. 2010..coli can be a dermonecrotic pathogen...
- Prognostic value of relative adrenal insufficiency after out-of-hospital cardiac arrestFrédéric Pène
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Cochin University Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 27 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75679 Paris Cedex 14, France
Intensive Care Med 31:627-33. 2005..To assess the prevalence of relative adrenal insufficiency in patients successfully resuscitated after cardiac arrest, and its prognostic role in post-resuscitation disease...
- Soluble thrombomodulin, plasma-derived unactivated protein C, and recombinant human activated protein C in sepsisJean Francois Dhainaut
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Cochin St V de Paul Hospital, AP HP, Cochin Institut Cochin Port Royal Medical School, University of Paris V, France
Crit Care Med 30:S318-24. 2002..To review the physiologic and biochemical mechanisms and the rationale for the use of soluble thrombomodulin, plasma-derived protein C, and recombinant human activated protein C in sepsis...
- IRAK1 functional genetic variant affects severity of septic shockJulie Toubiana
Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Cochin Institute, INSERM U567, CNRS UMR 8104, The Medical Intensive Care Unit, Cochin University Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris France
Crit Care Med 38:2287-94. 2010....
- Value of procalcitonin for diagnosis of early onset pneumonia in hypothermia-treated cardiac arrest patientsNicolas Mongardon
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Cochin Hospital, AP HP, 27 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75679 Paris Cedex 14, France
Intensive Care Med 36:92-9. 2010..We aimed to assess the ability of serum procalcitonin (PCT) measurements to help diagnose pneumonia in this setting...
- Early high-dose erythropoietin therapy and hypothermia after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: a matched control studyAlain Cariou
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Cochin Hospital, Paris Cedex, France
Resuscitation 76:397-404. 2008..To test the possible neuroprotective effect of early high-dose erythropoietin-alpha (Epo-alpha) after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest (OHCA)...
- Erythropoiesis abnormalities contribute to early-onset anemia in patients with septic shockYann Erick Claessens
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Cochin Hospital, APHP Université Paris Descartes, 27 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, F 75679 Paris, Cedex 14, France
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 174:51-7. 2006..The intimate mechanisms of early onset anemia observed in critically ill patients with septic shock remain unclear...