- Late effects of allogeneic bone marrow transplantation for children with acute myeloblastic leukemia in first complete remission: the impact of conditioning regimen without total-body irradiation--a report from the SociÃ©tÃ© FranÃ§aise de Greffe de MoelleG Michel
, Marseille, France
J Clin Oncol 15:2238-46. 1997....
- Height growth during adolescence and final height after haematopoietic SCT for childhood acute leukaemia: the impact of a conditioning regimen with BU or TBIF Bernard
Department of Paediatric Haematology, Hôpital de la Timone Enfants, Marseille, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 43:637-42. 2009..6+/-0.1 vs -0.7+/-0.2, P=0.003). We conclude that preparations involving BU, although less toxic than TBI-containing regimens, also have adverse effects on growth, predominantly during adolescence...
- Health status of childhood leukemia survivors who received hematopoietic cell transplantation after BU or TBI: an LEA studyF Bernard
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, La Timone Children s Hospital, Marseille, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 49:709-16. 2014..Late effects induced by BU might differ from those experienced after TBI. Although less frequent, they are still of considerable importance and may affect patients' QoL. ..
- CD34(+) progenitors are reproducibly recovered in thawed umbilical grafts, and positively influence haematopoietic reconstitution after transplantationC LeMarie
Centre de Thérapie Cellulaire et Génique, Departement de Biologie, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseille, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 39:453-60. 2007..We conclude that enumeration of CD34(+) cells in CB units is of biological significance, and may help select CB units and identify patients at risk of delayed recovery...
- Health status and quality of life in long-term survivors of childhood leukaemia: the impact of haematopoietic stem cell transplantationG Michel
Pediatric Haematology and Public Health Departments, Centre Hospitalo Université de Marseille, Marseille, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 40:897-904. 2007..2 in each case, suggesting an uncertain clinical significance. In spite of a higher risk of physical adverse events in the transplanted group, very few clinically significant differences in QoL are detectable...
- Quality of life in a heterogeneous sample of caregivers of cancer patients: an in-depth interview studyJ Mancini
Self perceived Health Assessment Research Unit, School of Medicine, Aix Marseille University, and Public Health Pole, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Marseille, Marseille, France
Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 20:483-92. 2011..This study focuses on the caregiver's perspective and advocates the development of a short QoL core questionnaire. Additional modules should be cancer-specific or dedicated to specifics of the caregiver-patient relationship...
- [3-min step test: feasibility study for children with bone marrow transplantation]K Arlaud
Unité de médecine infantile, CHU Timone Enfants, Marseille, France
Rev Mal Respir 25:27-32. 2008..A walking test evaluating the tolerance for effort could have an interest in detecting such symptoms. We report a preliminary study of feasibility of the 3-minute step-test in children with a bone marrow transplantation...