- [Ischaemic mitral insufficiency]E Messas
Unité fonctionnelle cardiologie adulte, service Pr Michel Desnos, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 97:647-54. 2004..The correction of mitral insufficiency at coronary bypass surgery is a current topic of research. The application of new techniques of mitral valvuloplasty seems more effective and should provide an answer to this problem...
- Chordal cutting does not adversely affect left ventricle contractile functionEmmanuel Messas
Université René Descartes Paris, Faculte de Medecine, INSERM U633, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Department of Cardiology, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Circulation 114:I524-8. 2006..We evaluated changes in cardiac function in 5 normal sheep with cutting of pre-instrumented chords in the beating heart to maintain constant load...
- Pericardial effusion causing echocardiographic mimicking of left intra-atrial thrombusEmmanuel Messas
INSERM U633, Faculté de Médecine René Descartes, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Pôle Cardiovasculaire, 20 rue Leblanc, Paris 75015, France
Eur J Echocardiogr 10:353-5. 2009..The patient was sent to the operation theatre and after pericardial drain, the intra-atrial mass disappeared with retroactive diagnosis of left atrial appendage invagination...
- Factors affecting functional outcome after autologous skeletal myoblast transplantationB Pouzet
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, H pital Bichat, INSERM U523, Institut de Myologie, Paris, France
Ann Thorac Surg 71:844-50; discussion 850-1. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Autologous myoblast transplantation is functionally effective over a wide range of postinfarct ejection fractions, including in the sickest hearts provided that they are injected with a sufficiently high number of cells...
- Paradoxic decrease in ischemic mitral regurgitation with papillary muscle dysfunction: insights from three-dimensional and contrast echocardiography with strain rate measurementE Messas
Cardiac Ultrasound Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Circulation 104:1952-7. 2001..This emphasizes the role of geometric factors in ischemic MR mechanism and potential therapy...
- Chordal cutting: a new therapeutic approach for ischemic mitral regurgitationE Messas
Cardiac Ultrasound Laboratory and Surgical Cardiovascular Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Circulation 104:1958-63. 2001..76). CONCLUSIONS: Cutting a minimum number of basal chordae can improve coaptation and reduce ischemic MR. Such an approach also suggests the potential for future minimally invasive implementation...