Jean Philippe Merlio
- Expression of neurotrophins and their receptors in human bone marrowE Labouyrie
Laboratoire d Histologie Embryologie, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux, France
Am J Pathol 154:405-15. 1999..The local expression of neurotrophin genes suggests a wide range of paracrine and/or autocrine mode of action through their corresponding receptors within the bone marrow...
- A comparative analysis of FISH, RT-PCR, PCR, and immunohistochemistry for the diagnosis of mantle cell lymphomasMarc Antoine Belaud-Rotureau
Department of Histology and Molecular Pathology, Victor Segalen University, Bordeaux, France
Mod Pathol 15:517-25. 2002..It may also provide some informations on secondary cytogenetic changes of potential clinical relevance...
- Chromosomal imbalances: a hallmark of tumour relapse in primary cutaneous CD30+ T-cell lymphomaMartina Prochazkova
Histology and Molecular Pathology Laboratory, EA2406, V Segalen University, Bordeaux, France
J Pathol 201:421-9. 2003..Although further studies are required to strengthen these data, this CGH analysis demonstrates chromosomal imbalances that may be involved in the pathogenesis of relapsing CD30+ CTCL...
- CDKN2A-CDKN2B deletion defines an aggressive subset of cutaneous T-cell lymphomaElodie Laharanne
EA 2406 Histology and Molecular Pathology, University of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Mod Pathol 23:547-58. 2010....
- Large cell transformation of mycosis fungoides: tetraploidization within skin tumor large cellsMartina Prochazkova
Histology and Molecular Pathology Laboratory EA 2406, Victor Segalen University, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 163:1-6. 2005..Accordingly, additional parallel blood and skin tumor cytogenetic studies are required to further identify the recurrent cytogenetic changes associated with the aggressiveness of the disease after large cell transformation...
- Common chromosomal abnormalities in mycosis fungoides transformationMartina Prochazkova
Histology and Molecular Pathology Laboratory EA2406, Victor Segalen University, Bordeaux, France
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 46:828-38. 2007..78) to hypotetraploid (3.69) (mean 3.14+/-0.38). Thus, T-MF displayed frequent chromosomal imbalances associated with hypotetraploidy...
- Neoplastic cells do not carry bcl2-JH rearrangements detected in a subset of primary cutaneous follicle center B-cell lymphomasBeatrice Vergier
Equipe Histologie et Pathologie Moléculaire, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux, France
Am J Surg Pathol 28:748-55. 2004..Our study also underlines the diagnostic value of interphase fluorescence in situ hybridization to discriminate between t(14;18)-negative PCFL and extracutaneous FL involving the skin...
- Genome-wide analysis of cutaneous T-cell lymphomas identifies three clinically relevant classesElodie Laharanne
Histology and Molecular Pathology EA 2406, University Bordeaux 2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, Bordeaux, France
J Invest Dermatol 130:1707-18. 2010..Finally, different samples in the same patient clustered together, showing reproducibility of such a classifier...
- IRF4 gene rearrangements define a subgroup of CD30-positive cutaneous T-cell lymphoma: a study of 54 casesAnne Pham-Ledard
Department of Histology and Molecular Pathology of Tumors, University Bordeaux 2, and Department of Dermatology, Hôpital Saint André, Bordeaux, France
J Invest Dermatol 130:816-25. 2010..Investigation of the biological pathways triggered by IRF4 rearrangements and/or expression in CTCL will provide a biological basis for IRF4-directed therapy...
- Inactivation of p16INK4a/CDKN2A gene may be a diagnostic feature of large B cell lymphoma leg type among cutaneous B cell lymphomasMarc Antoine Belaud-Rotureau
EA 2406 Histologie et Pathologie Moléculaire des Tumeurs, Universite Victor Segalen, Batiment 3B, 2eme etage, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Virchows Arch 452:607-20. 2008..The diagnostic and prognostic impact of the p16(INK4a)CDKN2A gene status in PCBCL should therefore be confirmed on a larger series...
- Automatized assessment of 1p36-19q13 status in gliomas by interphase FISH assay on touch imprints of frozen tumoursMarc Antoine Belaud-Rotureau
EA 2406 Histology and Molecular Pathology of Tumours, Victor Segalen University, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076, Bordeaux, Cedex, France
Acta Neuropathol 111:255-63. 2006..The recently developed probes together with automatic counting may facilitate multicentric evaluation and standardization of 1p-19q assessment in gliomas...
- Primary cutaneous T-cell lymphomas do not show specific NAV3 gene deletion or translocationMarion Marty
Histology and Molecular Pathology Laboratory, University Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
J Invest Dermatol 128:2458-66. 2008..No NAV3 specific breakpoint or partial deletion was detected...
- Bone marrow histopathologic and molecular staging in epidermotropic T-cell lymphomasVincent Sibaud
Oncodermatology Unit, Dermatology Department, Saint André University Hospital of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Am J Clin Pathol 119:414-23. 2003..No further prognostic value was observed for the presence of a T-cell clone in bone marrow specimens. Our data do not support the need for bone marrow examination in patients with mycosis fungoides/Sézary syndrome...
- Reduced placental telomere length during pregnancies complicated by intrauterine growth restrictionJerome Toutain
EA 2406 Histologie et Pathologie Moléculaire des Tumeurs, Université Bordeaux Segalen, Bordeaux, France
PLoS ONE 8:e54013. 2013..Placental telomere length measurement during ongoing pregnancies complicated by intrauterine growth restriction has never been reported. This was the main objective of our study...
- Fluorescence in situ hybridization, a diagnostic aid in ambiguous melanocytic tumors: European study of 113 casesBeatrice Vergier
Département de Pathologie et Biologie des Tumeurs, CHU Bordeaux Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Hopital Haut Leveque, CHU Pessac Bordeaux, Avenue de Magellan, Bordeaux, France
Mod Pathol 24:613-23. 2011..A positive FISH test reinforces the diagnosis of melanoma, allowing such tumors (particularly thick tumors) to be managed as melanomas...
- Tumor Homogeneity between Primary and Metastatic Sites for BRAF Status in Metastatic Melanoma Determined by Immunohistochemical and Molecular TestingLucile Boursault
Department of Dermatology, CHU Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
PLoS ONE 8:e70826. 2013..This study also provides evidence that IHC may be a cost-effective first-line method for BRAF(V600E) detection. Thereafter, molecular techniques should be used in negative, ambiguous or non-contributive cases. ..
- Autophagy inhibition cooperates with erlotinib to induce glioblastoma cell deathSandrine Eimer
Histology and Molecular Pathology of Tumors Laboratory, Victor Segalen University, Bordeaux, France
Cancer Biol Ther 11:1017-27. 2011..These results confirm that glioblastoma cell lines exhibit several anti-apoptotic mechanisms, and underline that EGFR targeted therapy must be associated to other inhibitors to achieve an antitumoral effect...
- Primary Lung Small B-Cell Lymphoma versus Lymphoid Hyperplasia: Evaluation of Diagnostic Criteria in 26 CasesHugues Begueret
Department of Pathology and Molecular Biology, Universite de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Am J Surg Pathol 26:76-81. 2002..4% of the mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue-type lymphoma specimens. Investigation of H. pylori by polymerase chain reaction detection was negative, even for the two cases associated with H. pylori gastritis...
- Interphase fluorescence in situ hybridization is more sensitive than BIOMED-2 polymerase chain reaction protocol in detecting IGH-BCL2 rearrangement in both fixed and frozen lymph node with follicular lymphomaMarc Antoine Belaud-Rotureau
Pathology Laboratory, CHU Bordeaux, 33604 Pessac, France
Hum Pathol 38:365-72. 2007..Whether such IGH-BCL2-negative cases are characterized by alternative oncogenetic pathways remains to be determined...
- The relative levels of cyclin D1a and D1b alternative transcripts in mantle cell lymphoma may depend more on sample origin than on CCND1 polymorphismNathalie Carrere
Haematologica 90:854-6. 2005..No correlation was observed between expression of cyclin D1 isoforms and CCND1 genotype at position 870...
- [Composite lymphoma: association of a follicular lymphoma and a chronic lymphocytic leukemia]Florian Rabiller
Service d anatomie et cytopathologie, département de pathologie et biologie moléculaire, Hopital du Haut leveque, CHU de Bordeaux, Avenue de Magellan, 33604 Pessac, France
Ann Pathol 28:41-4. 2008..Routinely, CL must not be misdiagnosed because of its prognosis and treatment implication...
- Mucosal intraepithelial T-lymphocytes in refractory celiac disease: a neoplastic population with a variable CD8 phenotypeAntoine de Mascarel
Department of Pathology, CHU de Bordeaux, Hopital Haut Leveque, 33604 Pessac EA2406 Histology and Pathology, University of Bordeaux 2, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Am J Surg Pathol 32:744-51. 2008..However, cases with a normal CD3 CD8 IEL phenotype may correspond to RCD. In such cases, we suggest that molecular analysis of TCR-gamma genes is a useful method for identifying cases with RCD...
- A suggested protocol for obtaining high-quality skin metaphases from primary cutaneous T-cell lymphomaEdith Chevret
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 167:89-91. 2006
- Clinical, histological and molecular follow-up of 60 patients with gastric marginal zone lymphoma of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissueAntoine de Mascarel
Department of Pathology, University Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Hopital Haut Leveque, 33604 Pessac Cedex, France
Virchows Arch 446:219-24. 2005..The presence of monoclonal B cells at both infiltrated and normal sites may therefore identify patients with a longer delay to achieve complete response, suggesting that molecular dissemination may require therapeutic intensification...