Armand Mekontso Dessap
- Natriuretic peptide-driven fluid management during ventilator weaning: a randomized controlled trialArmand Mekontso Dessap
Assistance Publique Hoˆpitaux de Paris AP HP, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire CHU Henri Mondor, Service de Re animation Me dicale, Cre teil, France
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 186:1256-63. 2012..Difficult weaning from mechanical ventilation is often associated with fluid overload. B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) has been proposed as a tool for predicting and detecting weaning failure of cardiovascular origin...
- Pulmonary artery thrombosis during acute chest syndrome in sickle cell diseaseArmand Mekontso Dessap
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Groupe Henri Mondor Albert Chenevier, Creteil, France
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 184:1022-9. 2011..The pathophysiology of acute chest syndrome (ACS) in patients with sickle cell disease is complex, and pulmonary artery thrombosis (PT) may contribute to this complication...
- Effects of discontinuing or continuing ongoing statin therapy in severe sepsis and septic shock: a retrospective cohort studyArmand Mekontso Dessap
AP HP, Groupe Henri Mondor Albert Chenevier, Service de Reanimation Medicale, 51 avenue du Mal de Lattre de Tassigny Creteil, F 94010 France
Crit Care 15:R171. 2011..Whether ongoing statin therapy should be continued or discontinued in patients admitted in the intensive care unit (ICU) for sepsis is open to question...
- Transesophageal echocardiography in prone position during severe acute respiratory distress syndromeArmand Mekontso Dessap
AP HP, CHU Henri Mondor Albert Chenevier, Service de Reanimation Medicale, 51 Av Maréchal de Lattre de Tassigny, 94010, Creteil, France
Intensive Care Med 37:430-4. 2011..Our objective is to report the feasibility, tolerance, and therapeutic implications of TEE during PP for severe ARDS, and to compare it with TEE performed supine...
- Prevalence and prognosis of shunting across patent foramen ovale during acute respiratory distress syndromeArmand Mekontso Dessap
AP HP, Groupe Henri Mondor Albert Chenevier, Service de Reanimation Medicale, Creteil, France
Crit Care Med 38:1786-92. 2010..The shunt may worsen the hypoxemia. The objective of our study was to determine the prevalence, clinical implications, and prognosis of patent foramen ovale shunting during acute respiratory distress syndrome...
- Effect of time to onset on clinical features and prognosis of post-sternotomy mediastinitisA Mekontso Dessap
AP HP, Groupe Henri Mondor, Albert Chenevier, Service de Reanimation Medicale, Creteil, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 17:292-9. 2011..Early-onset PSM is associated with a significantly higher morbidity and mortality compared to late-onset PSM...
- Impact of acute hypercapnia and augmented positive end-expiratory pressure on right ventricle function in severe acute respiratory distress syndromeArmand Mekontso Dessap
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Henri Mondor Albert Chenevier Teaching Hospital, Creteil, France
Intensive Care Med 35:1850-8. 2009....
- Influence of preoperative antibiotherapy on valve culture results and outcome of endocarditis requiring surgeryArmand Mekontso Dessap
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Henri Mondor, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Avenue du Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny, 94010 Creteil, France
J Infect 59:42-8. 2009..We evaluated the influence of preoperative antimicrobial therapy duration on positivity of valve culture and outcome...
- Pulmonary hypertension and cor pulmonale during severe acute chest syndrome in sickle cell diseaseArmand Mekontso Dessap
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Henri Mondor, 51 avenue du M de Lattre de Tassigny, 94010 Creteil Cedex, France
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 177:646-53. 2008..Steady-state mild pulmonary hypertension is a risk factor for death in adults with sickle cell disease. Acute pulmonary hypertension has been reported during exercise and vasoocclusive pain crisis in these patients...
- Conflicting physiological and genomic cardiopulmonary effects of recruitment maneuvers in murine acute lung injuryArmand Mekontso Dessap
INSERM, Unité U, Creteil, France
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 46:541-50. 2012..These novel insights should be integrated into the clinical assessment of the risk/benefit of recruitment maneuver strategies...
- Impact of preoperative hemodynamic support on early outcome in patients assisted with paracorporeal Thoratec ventricular assist deviceMatthias Kirsch
Service de Chirurgie Thoracique et Cardiovasculaire, Pr Loisance, AP HP, Hopital Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 34:262-7. 2008..However, patient selection and timing of implantation remains critical. This retrospective study was undertaken to identify preoperative predictors of survival in ICU of patients requiring mechanical circulatory support...
- Aortic root replacement after previous surgical intervention on the aortic valve, aortic root, or ascending aortaE W Matthias Kirsch
Department of Chirurgie Thoracique et Cardiovasculaire, Hopital Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 131:601-8. 2006..Aortic root replacement after a previous operation on the aortic valve, aortic root, or ascending aorta remains a major challenge...
- Acute kidney injury in sickle patients with painful crisis or acute chest syndrome and its relation to pulmonary hypertensionVincent Audard
Nephrology and Renal Transplantation Department and Institut Francilien de Recherche en Nephrologie et Transplantation IFRNT, Henri Mondor Hospital, 51 Avenue du Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny Creteil, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:2524-9. 2010..The association between chronic kidney involvement and sickle cell disease (SCD) has been well characterized, but our knowledge on acute kidney injury (AKI) in relation to SCD remains limited...
- Diaphragm ultrasonography to estimate the work of breathing during non-invasive ventilationEmmanuel Vivier
AP HP, Service de Reanimation Medicale, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Henri Mondor, 51, avenue du Mal de Lattre de Tassigny, 94 010, Creteil Cedex, France
Intensive Care Med 38:796-803. 2012..We assessed the feasibility and accuracy of this method to assess diaphragmatic function and its contribution to respiratory workload in critically ill patients under non-invasive ventilation...
- B-type natriuretic peptide and weaning from mechanical ventilationArmand Mekontso-Dessap
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris XII, Medical Intensive Care Unit, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Henri Mondor, 51, avenue du Mal de Lattre de Tassigny, 94010 Creteil Cedex, France
Intensive Care Med 32:1529-36. 2006..Cardiac function and volume status could play a critical role in the setting of weaning failure. B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) is a powerful marker of cardiac dysfunction. We assessed the value of BNP during the weaning process...
- Effect of renal failure on peak troponin Ic level in patients with acute myocardial infarctionArmand Mekontso Dessap
Medical Intensive Care Unit, INSERM U 651, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Henri Mondor, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Creteil, France
Cardiology 109:217-21. 2008..Peak troponin Ic (cTnI) level could be influenced by renal function. We evaluated the effect of moderate to severe renal failure on peak cTnI level during acute myocardial infarction (AMI)...
- Incidence, causes and prognosis of hypotension related to meprobamate poisoningCyril Charron
Medical Intensive Care Unit, University Hospital Ambroise Pare, AP HP, 9 avenue Charles de Gaulle, 92104, Boulogne, France
Intensive Care Med 31:1582-6. 2005..Meprobamate self-poisoning has been reported as potentially inducing hypotension. We examined the incidence and causes of hypotension induced by this poisoning and its prognosis...
- Usefulness of routine epicardial pacing wire culture for early prediction of poststernotomy mediastinitisArmand Mekontso-Dessap
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Henri Mondor, 94010 Creteil Cedex, France
J Clin Microbiol 42:5245-8. 2004..4%. However, the likelihood ratio of positive (1.27) and negative (0.89) tests indicated only small changes in pretest-to-posttest probability. Therefore, a strategy of routine culture of EPWs to predict PSM seems questionable...