- Phase I and pharmacokinetic study of etaracizumab (Abegrin), a humanized monoclonal antibody against alphavbeta3 integrin receptor, in patients with advanced solid tumorsCatherine Delbaldo
Department of Medical Oncology, Beaujon University Hospital, Clichy, France
Invest New Drugs 26:35-43. 2008..Etaracizumab was well-tolerated at doses up to 6 mg/kg with no evidence of immunogenicity. The safety profile of etaracizumab warrants further exploration in ongoing phase I/II trials...
- Randomized phase II trial of the efficacy and safety of trastuzumab combined with docetaxel in patients with human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-positive metastatic breast cancer administered as first-line treatment: the M77001 study groupMichel Marty
Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 23:4265-74. 2005..This randomized, multicenter trial compared first-line trastuzumab plus docetaxel versus docetaxel alone in patients with human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2) -positive metastatic breast cancer (MBC)...
- The potential of anti-vascular endothelial growth factor therapy in metastatic breast cancer: clinical experience with anti-angiogenic agents, focusing on bevacizumabMichel Marty
Centre for Therapeutic Innovations in Oncology and Haematology, Saint Louis University Hospital, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75010 Paris, France
Eur J Cancer 44:912-20. 2008..Future potential uses of bevacizumab in breast cancer are introduced...
- Chemotherapy for metastatic breast cancer-report of a European expert panelJohn Crown
Vincent s University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Lancet Oncol 3:719-27. 2002..Novel oral therapies have now been developed and are being used increasingly in patients whose disease has progressed following taxane therapy...
- NF-kappa B genes have a major role in inflammatory breast cancerFlorence Lerebours
Centre Rene Huguenin, FNCLCC, 35 rue Dailly, 92210, St Cloud, France
BMC Cancer 8:41. 2008..Given the role of NF-kappaB-related genes in cell proliferation, invasiveness, angiogenesis and inflammation, we postulated that they might be deregulated in IBC...
- Rationale and delineation of a composite index of relative antitumoural efficacy (In-RATE)Jean Yves Blay
Hopital Edouard Herriot, Oncologie Médicale, Pavillon E, 5 Place d Arsonval, 69437 Lyon Cedex 03, France
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 64:106-14. 2007....
- Exquisite sensitivity of TP53 mutant and basal breast cancers to a dose-dense epirubicin-cyclophosphamide regimenPhilippe Bertheau
Laboratoire de Pathologie, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
PLoS Med 4:e90. 2007..Breast cancers with a TP53 mutation were repeatedly shown to have a poor outcome, but whether this reflects poor response to treatment or greater intrinsic aggressiveness of the tumor is unknown...
- The evolution of EMEAMichel Marty
Eur J Cancer 41:2037. 2005
- Prognostic significance of a combined clinicopathologic score for response to primary systemic therapy in locally advanced breast cancerPhilippe Bertheau
Service de Pathologie, Hopital Saint Louis, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75010 Paris, France
Oncol Rep 14:513-20. 2005..In conclusion, in 108 stage IIB to IIIB breast cancer patients initially treated by high-dose chemotherapy, combined grading of clinical and pathologic responses in a single score allowed accurate prediction of outcome...
- Molecular profiling of inflammatory breast cancer: identification of a poor-prognosis gene expression signatureIvan Bieche
Laboratoire d Oncogénétique INSERM E0017, Centre Rene Huguenin, St Cloud, France
Clin Cancer Res 10:6789-95. 2004..Inflammatory breast cancer (IBC) is a rare but particularly aggressive form of primary breast cancer. The molecular mechanisms responsible for IBC are largely unknown...
- Two prognostic groups of inflammatory breast cancer have distinct genotypesFlorence Lerebours
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM E0017 Oncogénétique, Centre Rene Huguenin, 35 rue Dailly, F 92211 St Cloud, France
Clin Cancer Res 9:4184-9. 2003..Analysis of loss of heterozygosity (LOH) can provide a molecular portrait of the genetic alterations underlying stepwise cancer progression. We tested the value of LOH patterns as diagnostic and prognostic markers in IBC...
- Evidence of chromosome regions and gene involvement in inflammatory breast cancerFlorence Lerebours
Inserm E0017 oncogénétique, St Cloud, France
Int J Cancer 102:618-22. 2002..In contrast, the DNA amplification levels of ERBB2, MYC and CCND1, as measured by real-time quantitative PCR, did not differ between IBC and non IBC...
- Increased incidence of ERBB2 overexpression and TP53 mutation in inflammatory breast cancerElizabeth Turpin
Service de Biochimie B and CNRS UPR9051, Hopital Saint Louis, 1, avenue Claude Vellefaux, F 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
Oncogene 21:7593-7. 2002..Given the importance of TP53 and ERBB2 in the response to treatments, our observations have important therapeutic implications for the clinical management of IBC patients...