- Sustained virological response is associated with clearance of hepatitis C virus RNA and a decrease in hepatitis C virus antibodySarah Maylin
Service de Microbiologie, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Liver Int 29:511-7. 2009..Viral eradication in chronic hepatitis C patients with sustained virological response (SVR) after interferon (IFN) therapy remains controversial...
- Prediction of disease reactivation in asymptomatic hepatitis B e antigen-negative chronic hepatitis B patients using baseline serum measurements of HBsAg and HBV-DNAMichelle Martinot-Peignoux
Centre de Recherche Biomedicale Bichat Beaujon CRB3, INSERM U 773, Universite Paris Diderot, 92110 Clichy, France Electronic address
J Clin Virol 58:401-7. 2013..We investigated whether serum-based monitoring of hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) and HBV-DNA in asymptomatic HBeAg(-) patients could distinguish these groups...
- Twelve weeks posttreatment follow-up is as relevant as 24 weeks to determine the sustained virologic response in patients with hepatitis C virus receiving pegylated interferon and ribavirinMichelle Martinot-Peignoux
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U 773, Centre de Recherche Biomedicale Bichat Beaujon CRB3, Universite Paris VII, Paris, France
Hepatology 51:1122-6. 2010..7%, 95% confidence interval 99.1-100). In relapse patients, serum HCV-RNA levels were 5.623 +/- 0.748, 4.979 +/- 0.870, and 5.216 +/- 0.758 log(10) IU/mL at baseline, W+12, and W+24, respectively...
- Hepatitis B surface antigen serum level is associated with fibrosis severity in treatment-naïve, e antigen-positive patientsMichelle Martinot-Peignoux
Centre de Recherche Biomedicale Bichat Beaujon CRB3, INSERM U 773 and Service d Hépatologie Hôpital Beaujon APHP, Universite Paris Diderot, 92110 Clichy, France
J Hepatol 58:1089-95. 2013..Therefore, we investigated these relationships in a large cohort of unselected, well-characterized, treatment-naïve CHB patients...
- Clinical performances of two real-time PCR assays and bDNA/TMA to early monitor treatment outcome in patients with chronic hepatitis CMichelle Martinot-Peignoux
INSERM, U 773, Centre de Recherche Biomédicale Bichat Beaujon CRB3 and Service d Hépatologie, Hopital Beaujon, AP HP, Universite Paris 7, 92110 Clichy, France
J Clin Virol 46:216-21. 2009..Early viral monitoring is essential for the management of treatment outcome in patients with chronic hepatitis C. A variety of commercially available assays are now available to quantify HCV-RNA in routine clinical practice...
- HBsAg quantification to predict natural history and treatment outcome in chronic hepatitis B patientsMichelle Martinot-Peignoux
INSERM U773 CRB3, Universite Paris Diderot, Paris, France
Clin Liver Dis 17:399-412. 2013..In clinical practice qHBsAg is a simple and reproducible tool that may be used in association with HBV-DNA to classify patients during the natural history of HBV and to monitor therapy. ..
- Impact of peginterferon and ribavirin therapy on hepatocellular carcinoma: incidence and survival in hepatitis C patients with advanced fibrosisAna Carolina Cardoso
Service d Hepatologie, Hopital Beaujon, AP HP, INSERM U773 CRB3, Universite Denis Diderot Paris7, 100 Boulevard du General Leclerc, 92110 Clichy, France
J Hepatol 52:652-7. 2010..We assessed the influence of combination therapy on the risk of HCC, liver-related complications (ascites, variceal bleeding), and liver-related death (or liver transplantation)...
- Reduction of microRNA 122 expression in IFNL3 CT/TT carriers and during progression of fibrosis in patients with chronic hepatitis CEmilie Estrabaud
INSERM, UMR1149, Team Physiopathology and Treatment of Viral Hepatitis, Centre de Recherche sur l Inflammation, BP 416, Paris, France
J Virol 88:6394-402. 2014..The association between miR-122 and IFNL3 was stronger than the association between miR-122 and response to treatment. miR-122 may play a role in the early viral decline that is dependent on IFNL3 and the innate immune response...
- Influence of genotype on hepatitis B surface antigen kinetics in hepatitis B e antigen-negative patients treated with pegylated interferon-alpha2aRami Moucari
AP HP, Hopital Beaujon, Service d Hepatologie, Clichy, France
Antivir Ther 14:1183-8. 2009....
- Early serum HBsAg drop: a strong predictor of sustained virological response to pegylated interferon alfa-2a in HBeAg-negative patientsRami Moucari
Service d Hepatologie, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Hepatology 49:1151-7. 2009..HBsAg loss was observed in three patients, all with SVR...
- Virological response at 4 weeks to predict outcome of hepatitis C treatment with pegylated interferon and ribavirinMichelle Martinot-Peignoux
INSERM, U 773, Centre de Recherche Biomedicale Bichat Beaujon CRB3, Universite Paris VII, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Antivir Ther 14:501-11. 2009....
- Eradication of hepatitis C virus in patients successfully treated for chronic hepatitis CSarah Maylin
Universite Paris VII, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Gastroenterology 135:821-9. 2008..It is unclear whether hepatitis C virus (HCV) is eradicated in patients with chronic hepatitis C who achieved a sustained virologic response (SVR)...
- Quasispecies analysis and in vitro susceptibility of HBV strains isolated from HIV-HBV-coinfected patients with delayed response to tenofovirOlivier Lada
Service d Hépatologie and INSERM U773 CRB3, AP HP Hôpital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Antivir Ther 17:61-70. 2012..The present study was performed to evaluate the quasispecies variability and the in vitro drug susceptibility to approved antiviral drugs of HBV genomes directly isolated from patients' sera...
- Role of hepatic HCV-RNA level on the severity of chronic hepatitis C and response to antiviral therapySarah Maylin
Service de Microbiologie, Universite Paris VII, Faculté de Médecine Denis Diderot, Hopital Bichat, Paris, France
J Clin Virol 53:43-7. 2012..Correlation between hepatic HCV-RNA and serum HCV-RNA, severity of liver disease and response to therapy is poorly known...
- Impact of ribavirin dose on retreatment of chronic hepatitis C patientsChristiane Stern
Service d Hépatologie and INSERM U773 CRB3, Hopital Beaujon, University Paris Diderot, 92110 Clichy, France
World J Gastroenterol 18:2966-72. 2012..To study the efficacy and factors associated with a sustained virological response (SVR) in chronic hepatitis C (CHC) relapsing patients...
- The role of HBsAg quantification for monitoring natural history and treatment outcomeMichelle Martinot-Peignoux
INSERM, U 773, CRB3, Universite Paris Diderot, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Liver Int 33:125-32. 2013..In clinical practice, HBsAg quantification is a simple and reproducible tool that can be used in association with HBV DNA to classify patients during the natural history of HBV and to monitor therapy...
- Direct comparison of diagnostic performance of transient elastography in patients with chronic hepatitis B and chronic hepatitis CAna Carolina Cardoso
Service d Hépatologie and INSERM U773 CRB3, Hopital Beaujon, APHP, University of Paris 7, Clichy, France
Liver Int 32:612-21. 2012..A secondary analysis was performed to assess whether or not alanine aminotransferase (ALT) levels would impact on the accuracy of TE...
- IL28B polymorphism is associated with treatment response in patients with genotype 4 chronic hepatitis CTarik Asselah
Hepatology Department, AP HP, University Paris Diderot 7 and INSERM U773, CRB3, Beaujon Hospital, Clichy, France
J Hepatol 56:527-32. 2012..However, there are few data on HCV genotype 4 (HCV-4) infection. We evaluated, in a unique well-characterized cohort of HCV-4 patients, the association of IL28B polymorphism with response to treatment or liver disease severity...
- Serum hepatitis B virus DNA levels and liver histology in inactive HBsAg carriersMichelle Martinot-Peignoux
Unité de Recherche INSERM U 481, Centre de Recherche Claude Bernard sur les Hépatites Virales and Service d Hépatologie, Hopital Beaujon, 100 Boulevard du General Leclerc, 92110 Clichy, France
J Hepatol 36:543-6. 2002..The new definition inactive surface antigen (HBsAg) carriers includes an estimated serum HBV DNA level below 105 copies/ml. However, this cut-off value needs to be confirmed...
- Relapse of hepatitis C virus-associated mixed cryoglobulinemia vasculitis in patients with sustained viral responseDan Avi Landau
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, CNRS, UMR 7087, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Arthritis Rheum 58:604-11. 2008....
- Quantification of hepatitis B e antigen between Elecsys HBeAg and Architect HBeAg assays among patients infected with hepatitis B virusSarah Maylin
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
J Clin Virol 56:306-11. 2013..No direct comparison has been made between assays that quantify HBeAg...
- In vivo hepatic endoplasmic reticulum stress in patients with chronic hepatitis CTarik Asselah
INSERM U773, Centre de Recherche CRB3, Paris, 75018, France
J Pathol 221:264-74. 2010..This lack of gene induction may be explained by the inhibiting action of HCV per se (as suggested by in vitro studies) and/or by our finding of the localized nature of hepatocyte ER stress...
- High rates of HBsAg seroconversion in HBeAg-positive chronic hepatitis B patients responding to interferon: a long-term follow-up studyRami Moucari
AP HP, Hopital Beaujon, Service d Hepatologie, 100 Boulevard du General Leclerc, 92100 Clichy, France
J Hepatol 50:1084-92. 2009..To assess the HBsAg seroconversion rate and its impact on the long-term outcome in chronic hepatitis B patients treated with conventional interferon, and to analyze the serum HBsAg concentration prior to seroconversion...
- Efficacy of peginterferon alpha-2b in chronic hepatitis delta: relevance of quantitative RT-PCR for follow-upCorinne Castelnau
Service d Hepatologie, Hopital Beaujon, AP HP INSERM U773 CRB3, Clichy, and Université Paris 13, Bobigny, France
Hepatology 44:728-35. 2006..The follow-up of HDV-RNA levels during therapy, which allows the differentiation of various profiles of virological responses, improves treatment monitoring...
- Using Pharmacokinetic and Viral Kinetic Modeling To Estimate the Antiviral Effectiveness of Telaprevir, Boceprevir, and Pegylated Interferon during Triple Therapy in Treatment-Experienced Hepatitis C Virus-Infected Cirrhotic PatientsCédric Laouénan
INSERM, IAME, UMR 1137, University Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France AP HP, Hopital Bichat, Department of Biostatistics, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 58:5332-41. 2014....
- [Hepatitis B: clinical application of HBsAg quantification]Michelle Martinot-Peignoux
Centre de Recherche Biomedicale Bichat Beaujon CRB3, INSERM U 773, Université Paris Diderot Service d hépatologie, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 71:19-26. 2013..In clinical practice, HBsAg quantification is a simple and reproducible worthwhile tool that can be used in association with HBV DNA to classify patients during HBV infection and to monitor therapy...
- Significant gene expression differences in histologically "Normal" liver biopsies: Implications for control tissueTarik Asselah
Service d Hépatologie and Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U733, CRB3, Universite Paris Diderot, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Hepatology 48:953-62. 2008..In chronic hepatitis C liver samples, a lower or higher expression of a IL8 was found depending on whether the controls were obtained percutaneously or surgically...
- Long-term outcome of primary non-responders to tenofovir therapy in HIV/HBV-co-infected patients: impact of HBV genotype GOlivier Lada
Service d Hépatologie and INSERM U773 CRB3, AP HP Hôpital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Liver Int 32:93-101. 2012..To evaluate the early virological response (EVR) to combined tenofovir-lamivudine or emtricitabine regimen in HBV/HIV-co-infected patients and the long-term efficacy of tenofovir...
- HBsAg quantification: useful for monitoring natural history and treatment outcomeMichelle Martinot-Peignoux
INSERM, U 773 Inflammex and Service d Hépatologie, Hôpital Beaujon APHP, Universite Paris Diderot, Clichy, France
Liver Int 34:97-107. 2014..A level <100 IU/ml during six consecutive months could be a marker of a sustained response after treatment cessation. ..