- Comparison of concentrations of sulbactam-ampicillin administered by bolus injections or bolus plus continuous infusion in tissues of patients undergoing colorectal surgeryC Martin
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Nord Hospital, Marseilles University Hospital System and Marseilles Medical School, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 42:1093-7. 1998..The first method of administration can be recommended since it is easier to handle...
- High adenosine plasma concentration as a prognostic index for outcome in patients with septic shockC Martin
Intensive Care Unit and Trauma Center, Nord Hospital, Marseilles University, Hospital System, Marseilles School of Medicine, France
Crit Care Med 28:3198-202. 2000..Indeed, this nucleoside is a strong endogenous vasodilating agent released by endothelial cells and myocytes under circumstances of metabolic stress, such as during critical illness...
- Effects of norepinephrine plus dobutamine or norepinephrine alone on left ventricular performance of septic shock patientsC Martin
Department of Intensive Care and Anesthesia and Trauma Center, Nord Hospital, Marseilles University Hospital System, Marseilles School of Medicine, France
Crit Care Med 27:1708-13. 1999..Specifically, we tested the hypothesis that norepinephrine in addition to dobutamine would improve cardiac index (CI) and stroke volume index (SVI) and increase left-ventricular afterload...
- Long-term arterial cannulation in ICU patients using the radial artery or dorsalis pedis arteryC Martin
ICU and Anesthesia Department, Marseilles School of Medicine and Hopital Sainte Marguerite, Marseille, France
Chest 119:901-6. 2001..To evaluate the rate of arterial thrombosis and catheter-related infection following radial artery or dorsalis pedis artery (DPA) cannulations lasting > or = 4 days...
- Ketamine decreases intracranial pressure and electroencephalographic activity in traumatic brain injury patients during propofol sedationJ Albanese
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Service d exploration fonctionelle du Système Nerveux, Hopital Nord, Marseilles, France
Anesthesiology 87:1328-34. 1997..However, reexamination of ketamine is warranted because data regarding the effects of ketamine on cerebral hemodynamics are conflicting...
- [Airway management for anaesthesia performed at the end of labour: survey of practices]L Zieleskiewicz
Service d anesthésie et de réanimation, Faculte de Medecine de Marseille, Hopital Nord, AP HM, Chemin des Bourrely, Marseille Cedex 20, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 28:119-23. 2009..To describe the airway management during general anaesthesia performed at the end of labour...
- Bacillus licheniformis septicemia in a very-low-birth-weight neonate: a case reportA Lepine
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Nord, Marseille, France
Infection 37:156-8. 2009..We report for the first time a case of Bacillus licheniformis bacteremia in a premature infant. Recovery necessitated treatment with vancomycin and cefotaxime in combination with removal of the central catheter...
- [Tissue penetration of single-dose cefotetan used for antibiotic prophylaxis in colorectal surgery]C Martin
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, Marseille
Pathol Biol (Paris) 38:500-3. 1990..In the colonic wall, cefotetan concentration was 33.3 +/- 16 micrograms/g. At time of abdominal closure, cefotetan concentrations were 6.3 +/- 3 micrograms/g in the abdominal wall fat and 6.1 +/- 4 micrograms/g in the epiploic fat...
- Lung ultrasound-guided management of acute breathlessness during pregnancyL Zieleskiewicz
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital of Marseille, Marseille, France
Anaesthesia 68:97-101. 2013..We believe that these cases strongly support the prospective validation of lung ultrasound for management of lung disorders in pregnant women...
- [Venous oximetry: physiology and therapeutic implications]V Blasco
Département d anesthésie et de réanimation, Faculte de Medecine de Marseille, Hopital Nord, Chemin des Bourrely, 13915 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 27:74-82. 2008....
- [Management of newborns with meconium-stained amniotic fluid: prospective evaluation of practice]F Michel
Unité de réanimation pédiatrique et néonatale, unité de brûlés pédiatriques, Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Nord, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Marseille, Faculte de Medecine de Marseille, Universite de la Mediterranee, chemin des Bourrelys, 13915 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 29:605-9. 2010..The objective of this study was to evaluate guideline application...
- Erythropoietin measurements in severely traumatized patientsR Vialet
Department of Anaesthesia, Traumatology and Intensive Care, North University Hospital, Marseilles, France
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 52:601-4. 2008..The aim of this study was to describe EPO secretion and its relationship with haemoglobin (Hb) levels in severely injured patients...
- Pharmacokinetics and tissue penetration of single-dose cefotetan used for antimicrobial prophylaxis in patients undergoing colorectal surgeryC Martin
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, Marseille, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 36:1115-8. 1992..The authors therefore recommend the injection of an additional dose of 1 g before closure in order to ensure optimal efficacy throughout the surgical procedure...
- Measurement of tracheal temperature is not a reliable index of total respiratory heat loss in mechanically ventilated patientsL Thomachot
Department of Intensive Care and Trauma Center, Hospital Nord, Marseilles School of Medicine and Marseilles University Hospital System, Marseilles, France
Crit Care 5:24-30. 2001..The aim of the present study was to evaluate whether changes in tracheal temperature (a clinical parameter that is easy to measure) are reliable indices of total respiratory heat loss in mechanically ventilated patients...
- [Lung ultrasound: clinical applications and perspectives in intensive care unit]L Zieleskiewicz
Service d anesthésie et de réanimation, Aix Marseille Universite, Hopital Nord, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Marseille, Chemin des Bourrely, 13015 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 31:793-801. 2012..To describe the use of lung ultrasound in clinical practice and the new opportunities offered by this technology in intensive care unit (ICU) patients...
- [Medical-surgical management of traumatic cardiac rupture: Relevance of recombinant activated factor VII]V Blasco
Département d anesthésie et de réanimation, Hopital Nord, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Marseille, Faculte de Medecine de Marseille, CHU Nord, Chemin des Bourrely, 13915 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 27:719-22. 2008..The use of rFVIIa reduced probably the need of blood transfusion in this case of blunt heart trauma. This treatment should be envisaged in similar cases after the failure of standard therapy to control the bleeding...
- [Selective digestive decontamination: the light as changed from red to green]J Textoris
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Nord, 13015 Marseille, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 24:366-76. 2005..To study the efficacy of selective digestive decontamination (SDD) for the prevention of nosocomial infections, particularly pneumonia, as well as its impact on the emergence of multiresistant bacteria...
- Target concentration of propofol required to insert the laryngeal mask airway in childrenX Viviand
Department of Anaesthesia, Hopital Nord, Marseille Cedex, France
Paediatr Anaesth 13:217-22. 2003..The aim of this prospective study was to determine the target concentration (CPRED) curves for laryngeal mask airway (LMA) insertion in children...
- Ceftriaxone (1 g intravenously) penetration into abdominal tissues when administered as antibiotic prophylaxis during nephrectomyM Leone
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Hopital Nord, 13915 Marseille Cedex 20, France
J Chemother 15:139-42. 2003..According to our kinetic evaluation, ceftriaxone is potentially a good antibiotic for prophylaxis in urological surgery...
- [Cerebral hemorrhage in a mechanically ventilated asthmatic child: multifactorial mechanisms]M Baravalle
Unité de réanimation pédiatrique et néonatale et unité de brûlés pédiatriques, CHU Nord, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Marseille, Chemin des Bourrely, Marseille Cedex 20, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 31:961-4. 2012..He developed a brain hemorrhage during the course of his illness. We discuss the mechanisms that may have precipitated this neurological complication...
- [Epidural analgesia and cutaneous angioma: need to perform MRI]C Gil
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hôpital d Instruction des Armées Laveran, Boulevard Alphonse Laveran, 13013 Marseille, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 29:48-9. 2010..We report here a case of parturient with a cutaneous median angioma in the lumbar region, which was detected by MRI. An epidural analgesia was used for pain management during her labour...
- Vancomycin prescription in neonates and young infants: toward a simplified dosageC Oudin
Réanimation Pédiatriqueet Néonatale, Départementd Anesthésie Réanimation, Hopital Nord, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Marseille, Marseille, France
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 96:F365-70. 2011..There is no consensus on vancomycin dosing in newborns and young infants...
- Event oriented representation for collaborative activities (EORCA). A method for describing medical activities in severely-injured patient managementL Pellegrin
Biomathematics and Medical Informatics research team, LIF, UMR CNRS 6166, Faculty of Medicine, University of Aix Marseilles, and Critical Care and Intensive Care Unit, AP HM, Hopital Nord, Marseilles Cedex 05, France
Methods Inf Med 46:506-15. 2007..Our ultimate aim is to build a method covering the observation and the representation of collective activities during patients' management, which should be re-usable by the team members in order to prepare themselves for accreditation...
- [Activation of adhesion molecules in patients with septic shock]M Leone
Département d Anesthésie et de Réanimation et Centre de Traumatologie, Hopital Nord, Boulevard P Dramard, 13915 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 22:721-9. 2003..To analyze the pattern of adhesion molecules in patients with septic shock. Data sources. - References obtained from Pubmed databank...
- Long-term epidemiological survey of Candida species: comparison of isolates found in an intensive care unit and in conventional wardsM Leone
Intensive Care Unit and Anesthesiology, Nord Hospital, Marseilles School of Medicine, Marseilles University Hospital System, Marseilles, France
J Hosp Infect 55:169-74. 2003..The small number of C. glabrata resistant to fluconazole suggested this antifungal agent as suitable empirical treatment for non-immunocompromized patients in whom a fungal infection was suspected...
- Target concentrations of remifentanil with propofol to blunt coughing during intubation, cuff inflation, and tracheal suctioningM Leone
Département d Anesthésie et de Réanimation and Département de Chirurgie Maxillo Faciale, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Nord, Marseille, France
Br J Anaesth 93:660-3. 2004....
- Predictive perioperative factors for developing severe sepsis after major surgeryD Mokart
Intensive Care Unit and Department of Anesthesiology, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseille, France
Br J Anaesth 95:776-81. 2005..Early identification of high-risk patients undergoing major surgery can result in an aggressive management affecting the outcome...
- Penetration of ertapenem into muscle measured by in vivo microdialysis in mechanically ventilated patientsI Boyadjiev
1Service d anesthésie et de réanimation, Hopital Nord, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Marseille, Universite de la Mediterranee, 13015 Marseille, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:3573-5. 2011..In a few patients, the concentrations were below the MIC values. The clinical efficiency of ertapenem at 1 g once daily should be evaluated in a large population of ICU patients...
- [Role of genetics in anaesthesia-related variability]J Textoris
Service d anesthésie et de réanimation, Hopital Nord, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Marseille, Chemin des Bourrely, 13915 Marseille, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 28:564-74. 2009..This review discusses variability among patients in anesthesia, due to genetic polymorphisms...
- Passive expiratory flow-volume curve is not an accurate method to measure the respiratory time constant in rabbitsR Vialet
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, , Marseille, France
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 43:1017-20. 1999..CONCLUSIONS: The end-inspiratory occlusion technique leads to a systemic bias in measurements of respiratory time constant, especially when the resistance of the respiratory system is elevated...
- The combination of a heat and moisture exchanger and a Booster: a clinical and bacteriological evaluation over 96 hL Thomachot
Department of Intensive Care and Trauma Center, Marseilles School of Medicine, Hopital Nord, 13915 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Intensive Care Med 28:147-53. 2002..To determine whether the combination with a new device (Booster ) for active humidification improves the efficacy of a hydrophobic heat and moisture exchanger (HME)...
- Clinical pharmacokinetics of cefotetanC Martin
Anaesthesia Department, Hopital Nord, Marseille, France
Clin Pharmacokinet 26:248-58. 1994..6 to 2.4 L/h), the dose is halved or the dosage interval is doubled. When creatinine clearance is less than 10 ml/min (0.6 L/h), the dose is quartered or the dosage interval quadrupled...
- Prevention of nosocomial urinary tract infection in ICU patients: comparison of effectiveness of two urinary drainage systemsM Leone
Intensive Care Unit and Trauma Center, Nord Hospital, Marseilles University Hospital System, Marseilles School of Medicine, Marseilles, France
Chest 120:220-4. 2001....
- Capgras syndrome: a clinical manifestation of watershed cerebral infarct complicating the use of extracorporeal membrane oxygenationJ M Dejode
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, CHU Nord, Marseilles, France
Crit Care 5:232-5. 2001..In addition, it shows that this psychiatric symptom (that has been interpreted psychodynamically for many years) can have an organic basis, which should be studied...
- [Use of ephedrine prefilled syringes reduces anesthesia costs]J P Bellefleur
Service d anesthésie et de réanimation, Universite de la Mediterranee, Hopital Nord, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Marseille, Chemin des Bourrely, Marseille Cedex 20, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 28:211-4. 2009..The aim of the present study was to compare the consumption and cost of ephedrine in parturients with respect to two packagings: ampoules and prefilled syringes...
- Role of glycopeptides in the treatment of septic complications after cardiac surgeryA Bourgoin
Anesthesia and Intensive Care Department and Trauma Center, Nord Hospital, Marseilles University Hospital System, and Marseilles School of Medicine, France
J Chemother 13:112-8. 2001..Dosage regimen should be modified to achieve trough levels of vancomycin between 15 to 20 microg/ml. Use of vancomycin by continuous infusion may be considered with a targeted blood concentration of 15 to 20 microg/ml...
- [Congenital tuberculosis in preterm neonate: a case report]C Bonnet
Service de réanimation pédiatrique et néonatale, unité de brûlés pédiatriques, Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Pôle RAUC, CHU Nord, Chemin des Bourrely, 13915 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Arch Pediatr 16:439-43. 2009..This article recalls the difficulty diagnosing congenital tuberculosis, particularly in preterm neonates. It also underlines the need to raise and eliminate the diagnosis of tuberculosis in an infertile woman...
- [Therapeutic management of peritonitis]A Bourgoin
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hopital Nord, Chemin des Bourrelly, 13915 Marseille, France
Med Mal Infect 34:183-95. 2004..An antifungal treatment (fluconazole) is usually necessary, at least until the results of peritoneal fluid culture are available. The duration of treatment is quite variable, ranging from 48 h in less severe forms to 14 days...
- [Recommendations for management of severe sepsis and septic shock. Surviving sepsis campaign]C Martin
Département d anesthésie réanimation et centre de traumatologie, Hopital Nord, Boulevard Pierre Dramard, 13915 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 24:440-3. 2005
- [Risk and control of nosocomial infection during resuscitation: statement of the Sfar/SRLF]C Martin
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 25:117-23. 2006
- [How about blood pressure in brain injury?]M Leone
Département d anesthésie et de réanimation, CHU Nord, Boulevard Pierre Dramard, 13915 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 25:845-51. 2006..In conclusion, the quality of data on the effects of catecholamines on cerebral haemodynamics of head injured patients do not make it possible to conclude about their use...
- [Management of ventilator acquired pneumonia]I Boyadjiev
Département d anesthésie et de réanimation, CHU Nord, Boulevard Pierre Dramard, 13915 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 25:761-72. 2006..This review is based on the ATS guidelines, and reviews epidemiology, diagnosis and treatment of ventilator-acquired pneumonia, in non-immunocompromised adults...
- Prophylaxis with ciprofloxacin for open prostatectomy: comparison of tissue penetration with two oral dosesE Sampol-Manos
J Chemother 18:225-6. 2006
- [Initial management of severe sepsis in adults and children]C Martin
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hopital Nord, Boulevard Pierre Dramard, 13915 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 26:53-73. 2007
- [Venous gas embolism from pleurovenous fistula]V Blasco
Département d anesthésie et de réanimation, CHU de Nord, Chemin des Bourrely, 13915 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 26:242-4. 2007..A leak between the pleura and the left subclavian vein was diagnosed. The insertion of a chest tube stopped the airflow, by suppressing the pneumothorax...
- [A case of type A botulism]I Boyadjiev
Département d anesthésie et de réanimation, CHU de Nord, Boulevard Pierre Dramard, 13915 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 24:1397-9. 2005..The failure of thoracic muscles is responsible for the severity of botulism. We describe a case of a 74 year old woman who presented a severe form of botulism, requiring a prolonged intensive care unit stay...
- [Surgical patient with severe sepsis: activated protein C and Surviving Sepsis Campaign]B Vallet
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 24:339-40. 2005
- [Heterogeneity of Brain Heart Infusion agar media (BHI): effects on the determination of the vancomycin and the teicoplanin minimal inhibitory concentrations (MIC) of Staphylococcus aureus strains]C Martin
Laboratoire de bactériologie virologie hygiène, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Dupuytren, 2, avenue Martin Luther King, 87042 Limoges Cedex, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 52:450-4. 2004..001). The variation of the MIC observed in relation to the origin of the product of BHI media requires the inclusion of glycopeptide-intermediate S. aureus reference strains to control the prepared culture media...
- [Indications of vasopressin in the management of septic shock]A Delmas
Département d anesthésie réanimation et centre de traumatologie, CHU Nord, Boulevard P Dramard, 13915 Marseille 20, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 22:600-8. 2003..It also has haemostatic, gastrointestinal, and thermoregulatory effects. This article reviews the physiology of vasopressin and all the relevant clinical literature on its use in the treatment of septic shock...
- Macrophage migration inhibitory factor and innate immune responses to bacterial infectionsC Froidevaux
Department of Internal Medicine, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
Crit Care Med 29:S13-5. 2001....
- Is a low transfusion threshold safe in critically ill patients with cardiovascular diseases?P C Hebert
Critical Care Programs, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Crit Care Med 29:227-34. 2001..To compare a restrictive red blood cell transfusion strategy with a more liberal strategy in volume-resuscitated critically ill patients with cardiovascular disease...
- [Indications and limits of recombinant human erythropoietin in intensive care unit]C Ventré
Département d anesthésie et de réanimation, centre de traumatologie, AP HM, CHU Nord, chemin des Bourrelys, 13915 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 23:714-21. 2004..To analyze the data from the literature on erythropoietin and the future indications of recombinant human erythropoietin in intensive care unit (ICU) patients...
- [Which monitoring and follow-up in organ dysfunctions during severe sepsis?]C Martin
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hopital Nord, Chemin des Bourrely, 13015 Marseille, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 22:36-7. 2003
- [Clinical approach to the identification of patients suffering from severe sepsis with several organ failures for the administration of drotrecogin alfa (activated): from the PROWESS study to clinical practice]J F Dhainaut
Département de réanimation, Hopital Cochin, Paris, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 22:53-64. 2003
- [Motives for the prescription of antibiotics in the emergency department of the University Hospital Center in Nice. A prospective study]P M Roger
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, hôpital de l Archet 1, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Nice, BP3079, F06202 Nice
Presse Med 31:58-63. 2002..Unjustified antiobiotherapy is often initiated. We therefore conducted a survey to study the motives and validity of antibiotic prescriptions...
- [Principles of antibiotic treatment for post-operative pneumonia in intensive care units]I Boyadjiev
Med Mal Infect 38:S61-2. 2008
- [Resistance to antituberculosis drug in France; data provided by the Azay-Mycobacteria network and the National Reference Center on Mycobacteria]J Robert
Laboratoire de Bacteriologie Hygiene, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, AP HP, 47 83 boulevard de l Hopital, Paris, France
Med Mal Infect 38:S68-70. 2008
- Developmental trajectories of adolescents' depressive symptoms: predictors of changeJudy Garber
Department of Psychology and Human Development, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37203, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 70:79-95. 2002..Reciprocal models in which development of depressive symptoms predicted the development of attributions and stress also were examined...
- Silver-coated endotracheal tubes and incidence of ventilator-associated pneumonia: the NASCENT randomized trialMarin H Kollef
Washington University School of Medicine, 660 S Euclid Ave, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
JAMA 300:805-13. 2008..Ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP) causes substantial morbidity. A silver-coated endotracheal tube has been designed to reduce VAP incidence by preventing bacterial colonization and biofilm formation...
- Subjective experience after traumatic brain injuryC Martin
, INSERM U472, 16 avenue Paul Vaillant-Couturier, 94807 Villejuif, France
Brain Inj 15:947-59. 2001..After TBI, emotional problems and, especially, depressive mood associated to cognitive difficulties have an important impact in everyday life and family functioning. Difficulties in social interactions are not specific of TBI patients...
- A novel mutation in the alpha-helix 1 of the C subunit of the F(1)/F(0) ATPase responsible for optochin resistance of a Streptococcus pneumoniae clinical isolateN Cogne
Laboratoire de bactériologie virologie hygiène, CHU Dupuytren Unité CNRS EP 118, 2 Avenue Martin Luther King 87042 Cedex, Limoges, France
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 38:119-21. 2000..We report here an unusual mutation which changes the sequence of the transmembrane alpha-helix 1 of the AtpC subunit. This mutation involves a Gly to Ser substitution resulting from a G to A transition at codon 14 of the atpC gene...
- Multiple, distinct isoforms of sucrose synthase in peaD H Barratt
John Innes Centre, Colney Lane, Norwich NR4 7UH, United Kingdom
Plant Physiol 127:655-64. 2001..The starch content of the embryo is reduced by 30%, but the cellulose content is unaffected. The results imply that different isoforms of Sus may channel carbon from sucrose towards different metabolic fates within the cell...
- Stx2 subtyping of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli isolated from cattle in France: detection of a new Stx2 subtype and correlation with additional virulence factorsY Bertin
Laboratoire de Microbiologie, Centre de Recherche INRA de Clermont Ferrand Theix, 63122 St Genes Champanelle, France
J Clin Microbiol 39:3060-5. 2001..In addition, Stx2-EDL933 and/or Stx2vh-b subtypes were highly associated with other putative virulence factors such as Stx1 and EspP extracellular serine protease, but not with EAST1 enterotoxin...
- Effect of prophylactic transfusion of stored RBCs on oxygen reserve in response to acute isovolemic hemorrhage in a rodent modelD Gray
Department of Hematology, A.C. Burton Vascular Biology Laboratory, London Health Sciences Centre, 800 Commissioners Road East, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 4G5
Transfusion 41:950-6. 2001..CONCLUSION: The physiologic impact of DPG depletion in transfused stored blood on oxygen availability in normal rats appears to be small and may be clinically inconsequential...
- Heterogeneity of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli strains isolated from hemolytic-uremic syndrome patients, cattle, and food samples in central FranceN Pradel
, , , Clermont-Ferrand, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 67:2460-8. 2001..The possibility that there are distinct lineages of non-O157:H7 STEC, some of which are more virulent for humans, should be investigated further...
- Phase II trial of paclitaxel plus gemcitabine in patients with locally advanced or metastatic non-small-cell lung cancerD Isla
J Clin Oncol 19:1071-7. 2001..It merits further exploration in future studies...
- Identification of a gene selectively expressed in the brain, which encodes a putative transmembrane protein and a soluble cytoplasmic isoformT Bangsow
Institut fur Biochemie, Technische Universitat Darmstadt, Germany
Eur J Biochem 256:24-35. 1998..However, our findings suggest that they may be generated by alternative promoter usage, leading to the expression of a membrane protein and its truncated cytoplasmic isoform...
- Regulation of expression and nucleotide sequence of the Escherichia coli dapD geneC Richaud
J Biol Chem 259:14824-8. 1984..At the present time, out of the 9 genes involved in diaminopimelate and lysine biosynthesis, 6 are known to be lysine regulated...
- [Molecular strain typing contribution to epidemiology of tuberculosis in Limousin (1998 to 2006)]H Bezanahary
Service de Medecine Interne, CHU Dupuytren, 2, avenue Martin Luther King, 87042 Limoges Cedex, France
Med Mal Infect 38:309-17. 2008..We conducted a molecular epidemiology of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in Limousin, a French area with a low incidence of tuberculosis (4.8/100,000 inhabitants in 2005) to define the molecular diversity and the pattern of transmission...
- [Lemierre's syndrome from necrotizing pneumonia treated with extracorporeal CO2 removal]V Blasco
Département d anesthésie et de réanimation, CHU de Nord, Chemin des Bourrely, 13915 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 27:244-8. 2008..An extracorporeal CO(2) removal was then carried out for 34-days duration. The patient was weaned from mechanical ventilation on day 68. He was then transferred to the chest surgery unit on day 83...
- [Salmonella of Indian origin: pseudo-susceptibility to fluoroquinolones]E Denes
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, CHU Dupuytren, 2, avenue Martin Luther King, 87042 Limoges Cedex, France
Med Mal Infect 35:223-4. 2005..It also suggests that the MIC for nalidixic acid and for norfloxacin can be used as the first clue for a reduced susceptibility to fluoroquinolones...
- [Long-term treatment of phantom- and stump pain with Botulinum toxin type A over 12 months. A first clinical observation]U Kern
Schmerztherapie Fachbereich für Neurologie, Deutsche Klinik fur Diagnostik, Wiesbaden
Nervenarzt 75:336-40. 2004..A surgical treatment suggested for the stump pain was no longer necessary, and we suppose that botulinum toxin can also improve the tolerance of artificial limbs in cases of stump pain...
- Serotyping, stx2 subtyping, and characterization of the locus of enterocyte effacement island of shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli and E. coli O157:H7 strains isolated from the environment in FranceC Vernozy-Rozand
Unité de Microbiologie Alimentaire et Prévisionnelle, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Lyon, Marcy l Etoile, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:2556-9. 2004..The environment is a reservoir in which new clones of STEC that are pathogenic for humans can emerge...
- Phase II study of ecteinascidin-743 in advanced pretreated soft tissue sarcoma patientsA Yovine
Hopital St Louis, Unité d Oncologie Médicale, 1 av Claude Vellefaux, 75010 Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 22:890-9. 2004..A multicenter phase II study evaluating efficacy, safety, and pharmacokinetics of ecteinascidin-743 (ET-743) in pretreated advanced soft tissue sarcoma patients...
- Chloramphenicol and florfenicol susceptibility of fish-pathogenic bacteria isolated in France: comparison of minimum inhibitory concentration, using recommended provisory standards for fish bacteriaC Michel
Unite de Virologie et Immunologie Moleculaires, Equipe Infection et Immunité des Poissons, Institut National de Recherche Agronomique, Centre de Recherches de Jouy en Josas, Jouy en Josas Cedex, France
J Appl Microbiol 95:1008-15. 2003..The last species was screened on two media (diluted Mueller-Hinton and peptone-enriched Anacker and Ordal), both supplemented with horse serum...
- [Which therapeutic prospects in the septic syndrome?]M Leone
Département d anesthésie et de réanimation, CHU Nord, Boulevard Pierre Dramard, 13915 Marseille 20, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 22:798-808. 2003..To evaluate recent data provided on new treatments of patients with septic shock...
- Surfactant protein D inhibits early airway response in Aspergillus fumigatus-sensitized miceV J Erpenbeck
Fraunhofer Institute of Toxicology and Experimental Medicine, Hannover, Germany
Clin Exp Allergy 36:930-40. 2006..However, little is known about the functional effect of SP-D on the early airway response upon allergen inhalation, which is an important feature of this disease...
- [Recommendations for good clinical practice concerning law number 2005-370 of April 22, 2005 relative to the treatment of disease at the end of life]A Lienhart
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hopital Saint Antoine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 25:912-7. 2006
- A phase I/II study of oral uracil/tegafur (UFT), leucovorin and irinotecan in patients with advanced colorectal cancerH J Mackay
Cancer Research UK, Department of Medical Oncology, Beatson Oncology Centre, Western Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
Ann Oncol 14:1264-9. 2003....
- [From end-of-life management to euthanasia]C Martin
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 25:e2-3. 2006
- Axillary catheter with intermittent boluses of local anaesthetic for ischaemic upper limb pain 18 h after failed rtPA thrombolysisS Schulz-Stubner
Eur J Anaesthesiol 24:722-4. 2007
- Treatment failure in a case of extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis associated with selection of a GyrB mutant causing fluoroquinolone resistanceN Veziris
Laboratoire de Bacteriologie, Faculte de Medecine Pierre et Marie Curie, Université Paris 6 et Centre National de Référence de la Résistance des Mycobactéries et de la Résistance aux Antituberculeux, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 26:423-5. 2007
- [Crozet protocol: does a lipid-rich meal interfere with cryoglobulinemia assay?]B Evrard
CHU Clermont Ferrand, Laboratoire d Immunologie, Hotel Dieu, 63058 Clermont Ferrand Faculté de Médecine Pharmacie, 63001 Clermont Ferrand
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 65:399-404. 2007..Studies involving a greater number of healthy subjects are needed to accurately establish a new threshold and to confirm our findings...
- Electrocardiographic signs of hypertrophy in fabry disease-associated hypertrophic cardiomyopathyC Kampmann
University Children s Hospital, Mainz, Germany
Acta Paediatr Suppl 91:21-7. 2002..We aimed to evaluate the utility of different electrocardiographic (ECG) parameters for assessing the degree and severity of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in patients with Fabry disease...
- [Antibiotic combinations in Staphylococcus aureus infections: arguments against]J Albanese
Réanimation et centre de traumatologie, Hopital Nord, Chemin des Bourrelly, 13915 Marseille, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 21:399-405. 2002..Published findings suggest that the arguments in favour of combinations are usually theoretical, and that a demonstration of the superiority of combinations has never been made by comparative, randomised studies...
- Nurse practitioners: an evaluation of the extended role of nurses at the Kirketon Road Centre in Sydney, AustraliaE Hooke
Clinical Academic Nursing Unit, Faculty of Nursing, The University of Sydney and Sydney Hospital, Australia
Aust J Adv Nurs 18:20-8. 2001..The results demonstrated that nurse practitioners were professionally appropriate in all aspects of expected 'best practice' in over 95% of consultations...
- ELISA detection of multixenobiotic resistance transporter induction in indigenous freshwater Chironomidae larvae (Diptera): A biomarker calibration step for in situ monitoring of xenobiotic exposureX Moreau
Equipe Biomarqueurs and Bioindicateurs Environnementaux, UMR CNRS 6116 IMEP, Universite de Provence, 3 Place Victor Hugo, 13331 Marseille Cedex 3, France
Environ Pollut 153:574-81. 2008..They answer to first biomarker calibration steps for the ongoing development of MXR transporters as a detection tool of xenobiotic impacts on bioindicator invertebrates in their freshwater habitats...