- Low loss and high speed silicon optical modulator based on a lateral carrier depletion structureDelphine Marris-Morini
Institut d Electronique Fondamentale, Université Paris Sud CNRS, bât 220, F 91405 ORSAY cedex France
Opt Express 16:334-9. 2008..This design allows a good overlap between the optical mode and carrier density variations. Insertion loss of 5 dB has been measured with a contrast ratio of 14 dB for a 3 dB bandwidth of 10 GHz...
- Quantum-confined Stark effect at 1.3 μm in Ge/Si(0.35)Ge(0.65) quantum-well structureMohamed Saïd Rouifed
Institut d Electronique Fondamentale, University Paris Sud, CNRS UMR 8622, bât 220, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Opt Lett 37:3960-2. 2012..3 μm. The half-width at half-maximum of the excitonic peak of only 12 meV allows for a discussion on physical mechanisms limiting the performances of such devices...
- 23 GHz Ge/SiGe multiple quantum well electro-absorption modulatorPapichaya Chaisakul
Institut d Electronique Fondamentale, Univ Paris Sud, CNRS UMR 8622, bât 220, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Opt Express 20:3219-24. 2012..This demonstrates the potentiality of Ge/SiGe MQWs as a building block of silicon compatible photonic integrated circuits for short distance energy efficient optical interconnections...
- Experimental demonstration of light bending at optical frequencies using a non-homogenizable graded photonic crystalKhanh Van Do
Institut d Electronique Fondamentale, Univ Paris Sud, CNRS, bât 220, F 91405 Orsay cedex, France
Opt Express 20:4776-83. 2012..It also constitutes an alternative solution to the use of photonic metamaterials combining dielectric and metallic materials with sub-wavelength unit cells...
- High efficiency silicon nitride surface grating couplersGuillaume Maire
Institut d Electronique Fondamentale, CNRS UMR 8622, bât 220, Universite Paris Sud 11, F 91405 ORSAY cedex France
Opt Express 16:328-33. 2008..The influence of the duty ratio of the grating has also been investigated: maximum coupling efficiency was obtained at 50 % duty ratio...
- Ten Gbit/s ring resonator silicon modulator based on interdigitated PN junctionsMelissa Ziebell
Institut d Electronique Fondamentale, Univ Paris Sud, CNRS, bât 220, F 91405 Orsay France
Opt Express 19:14690-5. 2011..VπLπ of about 2.5 V × cm and optical loss lower than 1 dB are estimated. 10 Gbit/s data transmission is demonstrated with an extinction ratio of 4 dB...