- Self-reported alcohol abuse in HIV-HCV co-infected patients: a better predictor of HIV virological rebound than physician's perceptions (HEPAVIH ARNS CO13 cohort)Fabienne Marcellin
INSERM, UMR912 SESSTIM, Marseille, France
Addiction 108:1250-8. 2013..Studying alcohol abuse impact, as measured by physicians' perceptions and patients' self-reports, on HIV virological rebound among patients chronically co-infected with HIV and hepatitis C virus (HCV)...
- Assessing adherence to antiretroviral therapy in randomized HIV clinical trials: a review of currently used methodsFabienne Marcellin
INSERM, UMR912 SESSTIM, 13006, Marseille, France
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 11:239-50. 2013..The scope of this article is to review and discuss the range of adherence measures currently used in RCTs conducted among HIV-infected adults...
- Higher risk of unsafe sex and impaired quality of life among patients not receiving antiretroviral therapy in Cameroon: results from the EVAL survey (ANRS 12-116)Fabienne Marcellin
INSERM, U912 SE4S, Marseille, France
AIDS 24:S17-25. 2010..Current clinical research suggests these criteria may be too stringent. This study aimed at evaluating the effect of not receiving ART on patients' psychosocial outcomes...
- Correlates of poor perceived health among individuals living with HIV and HBV chronic infections: a longitudinal assessmentFabienne Marcellin
INSERM, U912 SE4S, Marseille, France
AIDS Care 23:501-7. 2011..Individuals with wild-type HBV and multiple hepatitis infection require better clinical management. Further research is needed for hepatitis D virus infection, for which treatment options are currently very limited...
- Desire for a child among HIV-infected women receiving antiretroviral therapy in Cameroon: results from the national survey EVAL (ANRS 12-116)Fabienne Marcellin
INSERM, Universite Aix Marseille, Marseille, France
AIDS Care 22:441-51. 2010..7 [1.2-2.4]). As a conclusion, the desire to have a child is frequent among ART-treated WLHA in Cameroon. HIV care and family planning programs should be integrated more thoroughly in order to support WLHA's reproductive choices...
- Determinants of unplanned antiretroviral treatment interruptions among people living with HIV in Yaoundé, Cameroon (EVAL survey, ANRS 12-116)Fabienne Marcellin
INSERM U912 ORS PACA, 23 rue Stanislas Torrents, 13006 Marseille, France
Trop Med Int Health 13:1470-8. 2008..To identify correlates of self-reported antiretroviral therapies (ART) interruptions among people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA) in Cameroon...
- Delayed first consultation after diagnosis of HIV infection in CameroonFabienne Marcellin
INSERM U912 SE4S, ORS PACA, Observatoire Régional de la Santé Provence Alpes Côte d Azur, 23 rue Stanislas Torrents, 13006 Marseille, France
AIDS 23:1015-9. 2009..To study the impact of both decentralization of HIV care and individual factors on delayed first consultation (> or =6 months) after HIV diagnosis in Cameroon, in the context of the national antiretroviral treatment scale-up program...
- Adherence as a predictor of sexual behaviors in people living with HIV/AIDS during the first year of antiretroviral therapy in rural Cameroon: data from Stratall ANRS 12110/ESTHER trialGilbert Ndziessi
INSERM, U912 SESSTIM, Marseille, France
PLoS ONE 7:e36118. 2012..This study aims to investigate the time pattern of inconsistence condom use (ICU) during the first year of antiretroviral therapy (ART) and its relationship with treatment adherence in naïve HIV-infected adult patients...
- Psychosocial correlates of inconsistent condom use among HIV-infected patients enrolled in a structured ART interruptions trial in Côte d'Ivoire: results from the TRIVACAN trial (ANRS 1269)Camelia Protopopescu
INSERM, U912, Marseille, France
Trop Med Int Health 15:706-12. 2010..To investigate the relationship between unsafe sexual behaviours and poor self-perceived health among people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA) in western Africa...
- Susceptibility to transmitting HIV in patients initiating antiretroviral therapy in rural district hospitals in Cameroon (Stratall ANRS 12110/ESTHER Trial)Gilbert Ndziessi
INSERM, UMR912, SESSTIM, Marseille, France
PLoS ONE 8:e62611. 2013..Using cohort data nested in a randomized trial conducted in Cameroon, this study aimed to investigate time trends and predictors of the susceptibility to transmitting HIV during the first 24 months of treatment...
- Performance of HIV care decentralization from the patient's perspective: health-related quality of life and perceived quality of services in CameroonSylvie Boyer
INSERM UMR 912 ORS PACA, 23 rue Stanislas Torrents, 13006 Marseille, France
Health Policy Plan 27:301-15. 2012....
- Impaired anger control as an underappreciated side effect of treatments for chronic HCV infection in HIV-HCV coinfected patientsMarie Preau
Health and Medical Research National Institute INSERM, Research Unit 379, Marseille, France
J Clin Gastroenterol 42:92-6. 2008..To study the specific impact of treatments for chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection on anger expression and control in adult patients coinfected with HIV and HCV receiving antiretroviral therapy...
- Decentralization of access to antiretroviral therapy in Cameroon: correlates of HIV physicians' knowledge in HIV careSophie Rasson
INSERM, U, Marseille, France
Antivir Ther 16:423-8. 2011..Good knowledge in HIV care among physicians is a necessary prerequisite to effective antiretroviral therapy (ART) scaling-up in Sub-Saharan Africa...
- Health-related quality of life in HIV-1-infected patients on HAART: a five-years longitudinal analysis accounting for dropout in the APROCO-COPILOTE cohort (ANRS CO-8)Camelia Protopopescu
Health and Medical Research National Institute INSERM, Research Unit 379, Social Sciences Applied to Medical Innovation, 23, rue Stanislas Torrents, 13006, Marseilles, France
Qual Life Res 16:577-91. 2007..However, any analysis of such extensive longitudinal data necessitates a suitable handling of dropout which may correlate with patients' health status...
- Financial barriers to HIV treatment in Yaoundé, Cameroon: first results of a national cross-sectional surveySylvie Boyer
INSERM IRD U912 SE4S, Universite Aix Marseille, 23 rue Stanislas Torrents, Marseille, France
Bull World Health Organ 87:279-87. 2009..To assess the extent to which user fees for antiretroviral therapy (ART) represent a financial barrier to access to ART among HIV-positive patients in Yaoundé, Cameroon...
- Adding HCV treatment to HIV treatment in HIV-HCV coinfected patients: the impact on the different dimensions of fatigue and self-reported side effectsFabienne Marcellin
Research Unit 379, National Institute of Health and Medical Research INSERM, Institut Paoli Calmettes, 23 rue Stanislas Torrents, 13006 Marseilles, France
J Pain Symptom Manage 34:413-21. 2007..Effective follow-up of HCV-treated HIV-coinfected patients should, therefore, include close consideration and management of patients' subjective experience with treatments to reduce the burden of HCV-associated fatigue...
- Individual and structural factors associated with HIV status disclosure to main partner in Cameroon: ANRS 12-116 EVAL survey, 2006-2007Marie Suzan-Monti
INSERM, U912, SE4S, Marseille, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 57:S22-6. 2011..These results strengthen the argument for the introduction or development of psychosocial interventions at all levels of organization in Cameroonian hospitals as an important component of public health policies for those living with HIV...
- Adherence to antiretroviral treatment in HIV-positive patients in the Cameroon context: promoting the use of medication reminder methodsPerrine Roux
INSERM, U912, SE4S, Marseille, Bouches du rhone, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 57:S40-3. 2011..Antiretroviral treatment (ART) scale-up in sub-Saharan Africa has made it possible to investigate the maintenance of adherence to HIV medications. We describe here adherence to ART and identify its correlates in the Cameroonian context...
- Predictors of non-prescribed opioid use after one year of methadone treatment: An attributable-risk approach (ANRS-Methaville trial)Caroline Lions
INSERM, UMR912 Economics and Social Sciences Applied to Health and Analysis of Medical Information SESSTIM, 13006 Marseille, France Aix Marseille University, UMR_S912, IRD, 13006 Marseille, France ORS PACA, Southeastern Health Regional Observatory, 13006 Marseille, France Electronic address
Drug Alcohol Depend 135:1-8. 2014..However many patients continue to use other opioids while on methadone treatment. Studies assessing avoidable cases of continued non-prescribed opioid use during methadone treatment are sparse...
- Buprenorphine sniffing as a response to inadequate care in substituted patients: results from the Subazur survey in south-eastern FrancePerrine Roux
INSERM, U912 SE4S, Marseille, France
Addict Behav 33:1625-9. 2008..The Subazur survey gave us the opportunity to identify factors associated with buprenorphine sniffing in patients receiving buprenorphine in primary care...
- Non-adherence to antiretroviral treatment and unplanned treatment interruption among people living with HIV/AIDS in Cameroon: Individual and healthcare supply-related factorsSylvie Boyer
INSERM, U912 Economic and Social Sciences, Health Systems and Societies SE4S, 23 rue Stanislas Torrents, 13006 Marseille, France
Soc Sci Med 72:1383-92. 2011....
- Health-related quality of life in French people living with HIV in 2003: results from the national ANRS-EN12-VESPA StudyMarie Preau
1 INSERM Research Unit 379 Epidemiology and Social Sciences Applied to Medical Innovation, Marseille, France
AIDS 21:S19-27. 2007..Since the advent of HAART, the assessment of health-related quality of life (HRQL) has become a major concern in the therapeutic follow-up of people living with HIV...
- Self-reported fatigue and depressive symptoms as main indicators of the quality of life (QOL) of patients living with HIV and Hepatitis C: implications for clinical management and future researchFabienne Marcellin
Health and Medical Research National Institute INSERM Research Unit 379, Epidemiology and Social Sciences Applied to Medical Innovation, Marseilles, France
HIV Clin Trials 8:320-7. 2007..To analyze the impact of self-reported fatigue and depressive symptoms on the quality of life (QOL) of patients co-infected with HIV and hepatitis C virus (HCV) not receiving anti-HCV therapy...