Jean Michel Mansuy
- Performance of a rapid molecular multiplex assay for the detection of influenza and picornavirusesJean Michel Mansuy
CHU de Toulouse, Hopital Purpan, Laboratoire de Virologie, Toulouse, France
Scand J Infect Dis 44:963-8. 2012..This study evaluated the performance of the Luminex xTAG Respiratory Viral Panel (RVP) Fast assay with reference to 2 real-time PCR assays for detecting type A influenza H1 viruses and human enteroviruses and rhinoviruses...
- High prevalence of anti-hepatitis E virus antibodies in blood donors from South West FranceJean Michel Mansuy
Virology Laboratory, Purpan University Hospital, Toulouse Cedex 9, France
J Med Virol 80:289-93. 2008..As the risk factors for HEV infection in industrialized countries are still unknown, further studies are needed to clarify the epidemiology of HEV infection in the Midi-Pyrénées region...
- Immunologically silent autochthonous acute hepatitis E virus infection in FranceJean Michel Mansuy
Virology Laboratory, Purpan University Hospital, 31059 Toulouse, France
J Clin Microbiol 42:912-3. 2004..We report on an autochthonous case in southwestern France in which the diagnosis was based on molecular tools rather than serological testing...
- Hepatitis E in the south west of France in individuals who have never visited an endemic areaJean Michel Mansuy
Virology Laboratory, Purpan University Hospital, Place du Dr Baylac TSA 40031, 31059, Toulouse, France
J Med Virol 74:419-24. 2004....
- Three-month pegylated interferon-alpha-2a therapy for chronic hepatitis E virus infection in a haemodialysis patientNassim Kamar
Department of Nephrology, Dialysis and Organ Transplantation, CHU Rangueil, 1 avenue Jean Poulhes, TSA 50032, Toulouse Cedex 9, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:2792-5. 2010....
- Liver histology in patients with sporadic acute hepatitis E: a study of 11 patients from South-West FranceJean Marie Peron
Service d Hepato gastro enterologie, CHU Purpan and INSERM U 531, Universite Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, 31400, France
Virchows Arch 450:405-10. 2007..Characteristic pathological signs of acute hepatitis E were severe intralobular necrosis, polymorph inflammation, and acute cholangitis with numerous neutrophils...
- Hepatitis E virus antibodies in blood donors, FranceJean Michel Mansuy
Hopital Purpan, Toulouse, France
Emerg Infect Dis 17:2309-12. 2011..5% of voluntary blood donors in southwestern France. This finding suggests HEV is highly endemic to this region. The high HEV prevalence may reflect local dietary practices, such as eating uncooked pork and game products...
- [Hepatitis E virus: A new entity]Janick Selves
CHU Purpan, Toulouse, France
Ann Pathol 30:432-8. 2010..Histologic lesions of chronic hepatitis E are similar to those observed in patients chronically infected with hepatitis C virus with dense lymphocytic portal infiltrate, constant peacemeal necrosis and fibrosis...
- Hepatitis E virus infection without reactivation in solid-organ transplant recipients, FranceFlorence Legrand-Abravanel
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Toulouse, France
Emerg Infect Dis 17:30-7. 2011..Effective prophylactic measures that include those for potential zoonotic infections should reduce the risk for HEV transmission in this population...
- Good performance of immunoglobulin M assays in diagnosing genotype 3 hepatitis E virus infectionsFlorence Legrand-Abravanel
Laboratoire de Virologie, Institut Fédératif de Biologie, TSA 40031, CHU Toulouse Purpan, Toulouse Cedex, France
Clin Vaccine Immunol 16:772-4. 2009..0, and the Assure HEV IgM rapid test (MP Diagnostics), for the routine detection of acute genotype 3 HEV. Their sensitivities were fairly good (90%, 88%, and 82%), and their specificities were excellent (100%, 99.5%, and 100%)...
- Hepatitis E virus genotype 3 diversity, FranceFlorence Legrand-Abravanel
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Toulouse, France
Emerg Infect Dis 15:110-4. 2009..These strains are closely related to swine strains in Europe, which suggests zoonotic transmission of HEV in France...
- Hepatitis E is an autochthonous disease in industrialized countries. Analysis of 23 patients in South-West France over a 13-month period and comparison with hepatitis AJean Marie Peron
Service d Hepato gastro enterologie, Fédération Digestive Fédération Digestive, CHU Toulouse, Hopital Purpan, Toulouse
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 30:757-62. 2006..The aim of this study was to describe patients with acute hepatitis E in South West France and compare them with patients with acute hepatitis A...
- Pegylated interferon-alpha for treating chronic hepatitis E virus infection after liver transplantationNassim Kamar
Department of Nephrology, Dialysis and Organ Transplantation, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Toulouse, France
Clin Infect Dis 50:e30-3. 2010..A virological response was sustained for 6 and 5 months in 2 patients after Peg-IFN-alpha-2a therapy was completed. A relapse was observed in the third patient...
- Hepatitis E virus excretion can be prolonged in patients with hematological malignanciesSuzanne Tavitian
Service d Hematologie, CHU de Toulouse, Hopital Purpan, Place du Dr Baylac, 31059 Toulouse Cedex, France
J Clin Virol 49:141-4. 2010..Chronic hepatitis E virus infections have been recently described in solid organ transplant recipients. There is little data on the evolution of hepatitis E in patients immunocompromised for other reasons...
- Hepatitis E virus and neurologic disordersNassim Kamar
Department of Nephrology, Dialysis and Organ Transplantation, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Emerg Infect Dis 17:173-9. 2011..Neurologic outcomes were complete resolution (n = 3), improvement with residual neurologic deficit (n = 3), and no improvement (n = 1). Neurologic disorders are an emerging extrahepatic manifestation of HEV infection...
- Hepatitis E virus reinfections in solid-organ-transplant recipients can evolve into chronic infectionsFlorence Abravanel
Centre de Physiopathologie de Toulouse Purpan, INSERM U1043 National Reference Center for Hepatitis E, Laboratoire de Virologie, Institut Fédératif de Biologie, Hopital Purpan
J Infect Dis 209:1900-6. 2014..Hepatitis E virus (HEV) infections are a major cause of acute hepatitis in developing and industrialized countries. Little is known about anti-HEV immunity in solid-organ recipients...
- Screening of blood from potential organ and cornea donors for virusesMarcel Miedouge
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Purpan, CHU Toulouse, Toulouse, France
J Med Virol 66:571-5. 2002..The extraction procedures on post-mortem specimens and/or blood collection must be changed to improve the performance of nucleic acid tests...
- Influence of immunosuppressive therapy on the natural history of genotype 3 hepatitis-E virus infection after organ transplantationNassim Kamar
Department of Nephrology, Dialysis and Multi Organ Transplantation, CHU Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Transplantation 89:353-60. 2010..Hepatitis-E virus (HEV) infection can be responsible for chronic hepatitis in solid-organ transplant patients...
- Low risk of hepatitis E virus reactivation after haematopoietic stem cell transplantationFlorence Abravanel
INSERM, U1043, Centre de Physiopathologie de Toulouse Purpan, Toulouse, F 31300 France
J Clin Virol 54:152-5. 2012..HEV infection can evolve to chronic hepatitis in immunocompromised patients. Additionally, HEV reactivation after haematopoietic stem cell transplantation has been reported...
- Acute hepatitis and renal function impairment related to infection by hepatitis E virus in a renal allograft recipientNassim Kamar
Department of Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplantation, CHU Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Am J Kidney Dis 45:193-6. 2005....
- Comparison of 2 highly automated nucleic acid extraction systems for quantitation of human cytomegalovirus in whole bloodCatherine Mengelle
Department of Virology, Federative Institute of Biology, 31059 Toulouse, France
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 69:161-6. 2011..49 log(10) copies/mL) with COBAS Ampliprep than with MagNA Pure extraction system. Both MagNA Pure and COBAS Ampliprep provide reliable and high-throughput platforms for real-time PCR HCMV quantitation of DNA extracted from whole blood...
- [Hepatitis E infection in dialysis and after transplantation]Nassim Kamar
Service de Nephrologie, dialyse et transplantation multi organes, CHU Rangueil, TSA 50032, 31059 Toulouse Cedex 9, France
Nephrol Ther 6:83-7. 2010..The reduction of immunosuppressive drugs could be considered as a first-line therapeutic option...
- Hepatitis E virus and chronic hepatitis in organ-transplant recipientsNassim Kamar
Department of Nephrology, Dialysis, and Multiorgan Transplantation, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Rangueil, France
N Engl J Med 358:811-7. 2008..The time from transplantation to diagnosis was significantly shorter and the total counts of lymphocytes and of CD2, CD3, and CD4 T cells were significantly lower in patients in whom chronic disease developed...
- [Hepatitis E virus: an emerging disease]Jean Marie Peron
Service d Hepato gastro enterologie, Fédération Digestive, Hopital Purpan, CHU Toulouse
Sante 16:239-43. 2006..The diagnosis of hepatitis E must now be considered in any cases of acute hepatitis of unexplained origin in France. Diagnosis relies on RT-PCR testing of blood or stool...