Genomes and Genes
- Investigation of the effects of Zn2+ and Cu2+ on the K+ transport in yeast mitochondria. Evidences for the involvement of a Zn(2+)-binding protein in the K+/H+ exchangeS Manon
Institut de Biochemie et de Génétique Cellulaires du Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Universite de Bordeaux II, France
Biochem Mol Biol Int 35:585-93. 1995....
- Release of cytochrome c and decrease of cytochrome c oxidase in Bax-expressing yeast cells, and prevention of these effects by coexpression of Bcl-xLS Manon
Institut de Biochimie et de Génétique Cellulaire du Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux II, France
FEBS Lett 415:29-32. 1997..Coexpression of Bcl-xL almost fully prevented the effect of Bax. Surprisingly, these results obtained in yeast parallel similar observations reported in mammalian cells...
- The ATP-induced K(+)-transport pathway of yeast mitochondria may function as an uncoupling pathwayS Manon
Institut de Biochimie et de Génétique Cellulaire, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Universite de Bordeaux II, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1318:317-21. 1997..AT 5 mM phosphate, no uncoupling effect of K+ could be evidenced. These data suggest that the ATP-induced K(+)-transport pathway may, under certain conditions, function as an uncoupling pathway of oxidative phosphorylation...
- Investigation of the yeast mitochondrial unselective channel in intact and permeabilized spheroplastsS Manon
Institut de Biochimie et de Génétique Cellulaires du Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux II, France
Biochem Mol Biol Int 44:565-75. 1998..This strongly supports the hypothesis that Yeast Mitochondria Unspecific Channel is active in situ and inhibited by cellular [ATP] depletion...
- Dependence of yeast mitochondrial unselective channel activity on the respiratory chainS Manon
Institut de Biochimie et de Génétique Cellulaires du CNRS, 1 rue Camille Saint Saens, F 33077, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1410:85-90. 1999..These results support the hypothesis that the yeast mitochondrial unselective channel may be involved in the oxidation of cytosolic NADH without coupling to ATP synthesis...
- Mitochondrial AAA-type protease Yme1p is involved in Bax effects on cytochrome c oxidaseS Manon
UMR5095 C N R S Université de Bordeaux 2, 1 rue Camille Saint Saens, Bordeaux Cedex, F 33077, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 289:1314-9. 2001..The absence of Yme1p slightly delays Bax-induced cell death, suggesting a role of this protease in yeast cell death and thus of its mammalian homologue in apoptosis...
- Yeast mitochondrial dehydrogenases are associated in a supramolecular complexX Grandier-Vazeille
UMR5095 C N R S Université de Bordeaux 2, 1 rue Camille Saint Saens, 33077 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Biochemistry 40:9758-69. 2001..The association of these proteins is discussed in terms of NADH-channeling...
- tBid interaction with cardiolipin primarily orchestrates mitochondrial dysfunctions and subsequently activates Bax and BakF Gonzalvez
Département de génétique, Développement et Pathologies Moléculaires, Institut Cochin, INSERM U567 CNRS UMR 8104, 24, rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 750014 Paris, France
Cell Death Differ 12:614-26. 2005..These events suggest that mitochondrial lipids rather than proteins are the key determinants of tBid-induced destabilization of mitochondrial bioenergetics...
- Role of cardiolipin on tBid and tBid/Bax synergistic effects on yeast mitochondriaF Gonzalvez
Institut Cochin, Team Cancer, Apoptosis and Mitochondria, CNRS UMR 8104 INSERM U567 Université ParisV, R Descartes 24 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, Paris, France
Cell Death Differ 12:659-67. 2005..These data support recent views suggesting a dual function of CL in mitochondria-dependent apoptosis...
- A novel, high conductance channel of mitochondria linked to apoptosis in mammalian cells and Bax expression in yeastE V Pavlov
Division of Basic Sciences, New York University College of Dentistry, New York, NY 10010, USA
J Cell Biol 155:725-31. 2001..These findings implicate this channel, named mitochondrial apoptosis-induced channel, as a candidate for the outer-membrane pore through which cytochrome c and possibly other factors exit mitochondria during apoptosis...
- Analysis of protein sequences and protein complexes by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometryM Belghazi
, Talence, France
Proteomics 1:946-54. 2001..The spectral suppression phenomenon occurring for complex peptide mixtures analysed by MALDI is discussed, as well as the role of post-source decay analysis for confident protein identification...
- TOM22, a core component of the mitochondria outer membrane protein translocation pore, is a mitochondrial receptor for the proapoptotic protein BaxG Bellot
INSERM U601, Universite de Nantes, Faculte de Medecine, Nantes Cedex, France
Cell Death Differ 14:785-94. 2007..Our data provide a new perspective on the mechanism of association of Bax with mitochondria as it involves a classical import pathway...