- Genome scan to assess the respective role of host-plant and environmental constraints on the adaptation of a widespread insectStephanie Manel
Laboratoire d Ecologie Alpine, UMR CNRS 5553, Universite Joseph Fourier, 2233, rue de la Piscine, Bat D UFR de Biologie, BP 53, 38 041 Grenoble Cedex 09, France
BMC Evol Biol 9:288. 2009....
- Assumed and inferred spatial structure of populations: the Scandinavian brown bears revisitedS Manel
Laboratoire d Ecologie Alpine, Equipe Génomique des Populations et Biodiversité, BP 53, 38041 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Mol Ecol 13:1327-31. 2004..Our results underline the importance of determining genetic structure from the data, without presupposing a structure, even when there seems to be good reason to do so...
- A new individual-based spatial approach for identifying genetic discontinuities in natural populationsS Manel
Laboratoire d Ecologie Alpine, CNRS UMR 5553, Universite Joseph Fourier, BP 53, F 38041 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Mol Ecol 16:2031-43. 2007..We illustrate our approach by simulations and by analysing two empirical datasets: microsatellite data of Ursus arctos in Scandinavia, and amplified fragment length polymorphism (AFLP) data of Rhododendron ferrugineum in the Alps...
- Common factors drive adaptive genetic variation at different spatial scales in Arabis alpinaStephanie Manel
Laboratoire d Ecologie Alpine, CNRS UMR 5553, Universite Joseph Fourier, 38041 Grenoble Cedex 09, France
Mol Ecol 19:3824-35. 2010..After accounting for spatial effects, temperature and precipitation were the two major determinants of allele distributions. Our study shows how MEM models can account for unmeasured environmental variation in landscape genetics models...
- Perspectives on the use of landscape genetics to detect genetic adaptive variation in the fieldStephanie Manel
Laboratoire Population Environnement Développement, UMR 151 UP IRD, Universite de Provence, 13331 Marseille Cedex 03, France
Mol Ecol 19:3760-72. 2010..Then, we describe available statistical approaches for integrating spatial dependence into landscape analyses of adaptive genetic variation...
- Perspectives and challenges in landscape geneticsStephanie Manel
Laboratoire d Ecologie Alpine, UMR CNRS 5553, Universite Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France
Mol Ecol 18:1821-2. 2009..This workshop discussed the perspectives and challenges of combining emerging molecular, spatial and statistical tools to unravel how landscape and environmental variables affect genetic variation...
- Broad-scale adaptive genetic variation in alpine plants is driven by temperature and precipitationStephanie Manel
Laboratoire Population Environnement Développement, UMR 151 UP IRD, Aix Marseille Universite, Marseille, France
Mol Ecol 21:3729-38. 2012..Our study shows, for the first time for a large number of species, that the same environmental variables are drivers of plant adaptation at the scale of a whole biome, here the European Alps...
- Tracking genes of ecological relevance using a genome scan in two independent regional population samples of Arabis alpinaBenedicte N Poncet
Laboratoire d Ecologie Alpine LECA, CNRS UMR 5553, Grenoble Université, BP 53, 2233 Rue de la Piscine, 38041 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Mol Ecol 19:2896-907. 2010..Finally, we discuss that the genomic characterization of these ecologically relevant loci, as identified in this study, opens up new perspectives for studying functional ecology in A. alpina, its relatives and other alpine plant species...
- Sampling in landscape genomicsStephanie Manel
Laboratoire Population Environnement Développement, UMR 151 UP IRD, Universite Aix Marseille, Marseille, France
Methods Mol Biol 888:3-12. 2012..More work is needed to identify designs that allow disentangling environmental selection pressures versus other processes such as range expansions or hierarchical population structure...
- Genetic diversity in widespread species is not congruent with species richness in alpine plant communitiesPierre Taberlet
Laboratoire d Ecologie Alpine, CNRS UMR 5553, Universite Joseph Fourier, BP 43, 38041, Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Ecol Lett 15:1439-48. 2012..Species richness thus cannot act as a surrogate for genetic diversity. Our results have important consequences for implementing the CBD when designing conservation strategies...
- The effect of climate on masting in the European larch and on its specific seed predatorsBenedicte N Poncet
Laboratoire d Ecologie Alpine, CNRS UMR 5553, Universite Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France
Oecologia 159:527-37. 2009..This study contributes to a better understanding of how climate factors differently affect the members of an interacting community...
- Comparison of bayesian clustering and edge detection methods for inferring boundaries in landscape geneticsToni Safner
Laboratory of Alpine Ecology, Equipe Population Genomics and Biodiversity, UMR CNRS 5553, BP 53, University Joseph Fourier, 38041 Grenoble Cedex 9, France E mail
Int J Mol Sci 12:865-89. 2011..Based on this finding, we support the application of Bayesian spatial clustering algorithms for boundary detection in empirical datasets, with necessary tests for the influence of isolation by distance...
- Genetic diversity and differentiation in Eryngium alpinum L. (Apiaceae): comparison of AFLP and microsatellite markersM Gaudeul
Laboratoire d Ecologie Alpine, UMR CNRS 5553, Universite J Fourier, BP 53, F 38041 Grenoble 09, France
Heredity (Edinb) 92:508-18. 2004..However, dominant AFLPs cannot be used to study heterozygosity-related topics. Thus, distinct molecular markers should be used depending on the biological question and the geographical scale investigated...
- PARENTE: computer program for parentage analysisA Cercueil
, IMAG, B. P. 53 and the Laboratoire de Biologie des Populations d'Altitude, , Grenoble, France
J Hered 93:458-9. 2002
- Statistical analysis of amplified fragment length polymorphism data: a toolbox for molecular ecologists and evolutionistsA Bonin
Diversity Arrays Technology P L, Yarralumla, ACT 2600, Australia
Mol Ecol 16:3737-58. 2007....
- The genetical bandwidth mapping: a spatial and graphical representation of population genetic structure based on the Wombling methodA Cercueil
TIMC, Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble, UJF CNRS UMR 5525, TIMB Faculté de Médecine, F38706 La Tronche, France
Theor Popul Biol 71:332-41. 2007....