- Perinatal HIV-1 transmission: interaction between zidovudine prophylaxis and mode of delivery in the French Perinatal CohortL Mandelbrot
Service de Gynécologie Obstétrique I, Hôpital Cochin Port Royal and the Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U149, Paris, France
JAMA 280:55-60. 1998..It is unclear whether elective cesarean delivery may have a protective effect against the transmission of human immunodeficiency virus 1 (HIV-1)...
- Lamivudine-zidovudine combination for prevention of maternal-infant transmission of HIV-1L Mandelbrot
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Cochin, 123 Boulevard de Port Royal, 75014 Paris, France
JAMA 285:2083-93. 2001..Zidovudine reduces maternal-infant transmission of human immunodeficiency virus 1 (HIV-1) infection by two thirds. Combination antiretroviral therapies are potentially more effective prevention...
- Persistent mitochondrial dysfunction and perinatal exposure to antiretroviral nucleoside analoguesS Blanche
Service d Immunologie Hématologie Pédiatrique and INSERM U429 Laboratory, Hopital Necker, Paris, France
Lancet 354:1084-9. 1999..Zidovudine is commonly administered during pregnancy to prevent mother-to-child HIV-1 transmission. We investigated mitochondrial toxic effects in children exposed to zidovudine in utero and after birth...
- [HIV and pregnancy]C Rouzioux
Laboratoire de Virologie, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, 156, rue de Vaugirard, 75015, Paris, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 50:576-9. 2002..The knowledge of the mechanisms and the timing of HIV mother-to-child transmission need to be more developed in order to design adapted antiretroviral posology and to try to reduce infant's exposure to drug toxicity...
- [Postpartum diabetes screening following gestational diabetes mellitus: practices in a university hospital and focus on the role of the general practitioner]C Clarke
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Louis Mourier, hôpitaux universitaires Paris Nord Val de Seine, AP HP, Universite Paris Diderot, 178 rue des Renouillers, Colombes Cedex, France
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 41:476-84. 2012....
- Vertical transmission of viral infectionsL Mandelbrot
Hopital Cochin, Service de Gynécologie Obstétrique I, Paris, France
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 10:123-8. 1998..As demonstrated by hepatitis B research in the past and human immunodeficiency virus today, multicenter cohort studies and clinical trials are a key to developing effective interventions...
- [Reproduction and HIV: has the condom become irrelevant?]L Mandelbrot
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Universite Paris Diderot, AP HP, hôpitaux universitaires Paris Nord Val de Seine, Hopital Louis Mourier, 178, rue des Renouillers, 92700 Colombes, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 40:58-61. 2012..On the other hand, we must strongly discourage unprotected sex in high-risk situations. The best prevention of risk behavior is to offer complete information and appropriate support to people with HIV who wish to conceive...
- [Screening of gestational diabetes mellitus: a new consensus?]H Legardeur
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Louis Mourier, AP HP, université Paris VII Diderot, 178 rue des Renouillers, Colombes, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 39:174-9. 2011..Whether this new consensus will be adopted by public health bodies and professionals remains to be seen...
- Prenatal diagnosis of 18q-syndrome: a case of fetal mosaicism with a normal karyotype in chorionic villiO Anselem
Hopital Louis Mourier, Paris, France
Fetal Diagn Ther 28:180-5. 2010..Cytogenetic tests were repeated because of a short corpus callosum on ultrasound examination. This 18q-syndrome has been reported to be associated with poor neurodevelopmental outcome...
- 15 Month follow up of African children following vaginal cleansing with benzalkonium chloride of their HIV infected mothers during late pregnancy and deliveryL Mandelbrot
Maternite Port Royal, Hopital Cochin, Paris, France UR091, Institut de Recherche pour le Développement IRD LPE, Marseille, France
Sex Transm Infect 78:267-70. 2002..To study mother to child HIV-1 transmission (MTCT) and infant mortality following benzalkonium chloride (BC) disinfection...
- [Cervical disease in postmenopausal HIV-1-infected women]P F Ceccaldi
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Louis Mourier, AP HP, Universite Paris 7, 178, rue des Renouillers, 92700 Colombes, France
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 39:466-70. 2010..This infection is associated with a higher incidence of cervical squamous intraepithelial lesions (low-grade or LSIL, high grade or HSIL). The aim of our study was to describe the cervical disease in these patients during menopause...
- [Specific particularities of uterine scars and their impact on the risk of uterine rupture in case of trial of labor]G Kayem
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Louis Mourier, Hôpitaux Universitaires Paris Nord, AP HP, Val de Seine HUPNVS, 178, rue des Renouillers, 92701 Colombes Cedex, France
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 41:753-71. 2012..To assess the risk of uterine rupture in case of uterine scar in specific situations. To investigate whether ultrasonographic measurement of the lower uterine segment is predictive of the risk of uterine rupture...
- [Emerging viral infectious diseases and pregnancy]P F Ceccaldi
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, CHU Louis Mourier, APHP, Universite Paris VII, 178, rue des Renouillers, 92701 Colombes, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 35:339-42. 2007..We report a review of the literature concerning the most quoted emergent virus (H5N1, SARS Coronavirus, Chikungunya, West Nile virus), and relate the perinatal management...
- [Use of sismotherapy during pregnancy for severe depression]P F Ceccaldi
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, CHU Louis Mourier, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Universite Paris VII, 178 rue des Renouillers, Colombes, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 36:773-5. 2008..The occurrence of any superimposed obstetrical pathology (preeclampsia, premature delivery) should revise this treatment. Given the possible complications, it requires strict supervision of the pregnancy in a hospital setting...
- Increased risk of cervical disease among human immunodeficiency virus-infected women with severe immunosuppression and high human papillomavirus load(1)I Heard
Service d obstétrique et de gynécologie, Hópita Cochin, INSERM SC4, Paris, France
Obstet Gynecol 96:403-9. 2000....
- [Contributions of the ex vivo human perfused placenta in the study of placental transfer of drugs]P F Ceccaldi
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Beaujon, GHU Nord, AP HP, Universite Paris 7, 100, boulevard du General Leclerc, 92100 Clichy, France
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 39:601-5. 2010..Limitations of this ex vivo model are detailed in this review, also its recent contributions in better understanding of placental passage of drugs...
- [A comparison of maternal and fetal complications during operative vaginal delivery using Thierry's spatulas and the vacuum extractor]S Vanlieferinghen
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Louis Mourier, AP HP, Universite Paris Diderot, 92700 Colombes, France
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 38:648-54. 2009..To compare short-term maternal and fetal morbidities between Thierry's spatules and the vacuum extractor...
- Prenatal and postnatal follow-up of a fetal interhemispheric arachnoid cyst with partial corpus callosum agenesis, asymmetric ventriculomegaly and localized polymicrogyria. Case reportF Fuchs
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Louis Mourier, Colombes, France
Fetal Diagn Ther 24:385-8. 2008..At 17 months, he had mild left-side hemiparesis but he could walk alone and had begun to speak. To date, the child never experienced seizures. We review other published cases and discuss the postnatal outcome of this rare association...
- [Mode of delivery of HIV-infected women: a retrospective study of 358 pregnancies followed in the same hospital between 2000 and 2004]L Mandelbrot
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 34:1205-6. 2006
- Semen alterations in HIV-1 infected menE Dulioust
Laboratoire de Biologie de la Reproduction, GREFH, Hôpital Cochin APHP, Universite Paris 5, 123 Bd de Port Royal, 75014 Paris, France
Hum Reprod 17:2112-8. 2002..Couples in whom the man is infected by human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) increasingly request assisted reproductive technology (ART) to allow safe procreation. Semen quality is critical in such situations...
- [Impaired fertility in women infected with HIV-1. Implications for sentinel serosurveillance]S Yaro
Centre Muraz, , 01 B.P. 153 Bobo-Dioulasso 01, Burkina Faso
Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 49:221-8. 2001..These findings suggest adjusting antenatal clinic-based HIV sentinel surveillance data for age and fertility in order to derive a good estimate of the community HIV prevalence...
- Sexual and reproductive life of women informed of their HIV seropositivity: a prospective cohort study in Burkina FasoY Nebie
Centre Muraz, Organisation de Coordination et de Coopération pour la lutte contre les Grandes Endémies OCCGE, Bobo Dioulasso, Burkina Faso
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 28:367-72. 2001....
- Factors related to medical appointment attendance after childbirth among HIV-infected women in the Paris regionD Lemly
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Louis Mourier, Service de Gynecologie Obstretrique, Colombes, France
AIDS Care 19:346-54. 2007..In addition, increased communication between the health care providers of the mother and child may increase appointment attendance following delivery...