- 15 Month follow up of African children following vaginal cleansing with benzalkonium chloride of their HIV infected mothers during late pregnancy and deliveryL Mandelbrot
Maternite Port Royal, Hopital Cochin, Paris, France UR091, Institut de Recherche pour le Développement IRD LPE, Marseille, France
Sex Transm Infect 78:267-70. 2002..To study mother to child HIV-1 transmission (MTCT) and infant mortality following benzalkonium chloride (BC) disinfection...
- Perinatal HIV-1 transmission: interaction between zidovudine prophylaxis and mode of delivery in the French Perinatal CohortL Mandelbrot
Service de Gynécologie Obstétrique I, Hôpital Cochin Port Royal and the Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U149, Paris, France
JAMA 280:55-60. 1998..It is unclear whether elective cesarean delivery may have a protective effect against the transmission of human immunodeficiency virus 1 (HIV-1)...
- Persistent mitochondrial dysfunction and perinatal exposure to antiretroviral nucleoside analoguesS Blanche
Service d Immunologie Hématologie Pédiatrique and INSERM U429 Laboratory, Hopital Necker, Paris, France
Lancet 354:1084-9. 1999..Zidovudine is commonly administered during pregnancy to prevent mother-to-child HIV-1 transmission. We investigated mitochondrial toxic effects in children exposed to zidovudine in utero and after birth...
- Lamivudine-zidovudine combination for prevention of maternal-infant transmission of HIV-1L Mandelbrot
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Cochin, 123 Boulevard de Port Royal, 75014 Paris, France
JAMA 285:2083-93. 2001..Zidovudine reduces maternal-infant transmission of human immunodeficiency virus 1 (HIV-1) infection by two thirds. Combination antiretroviral therapies are potentially more effective prevention...
- Semen alterations in HIV-1 infected menE Dulioust
Laboratoire de Biologie de la Reproduction, GREFH, Hôpital Cochin APHP, Universite Paris 5, 123 Bd de Port Royal, 75014 Paris, France
Hum Reprod 17:2112-8. 2002..Couples in whom the man is infected by human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) increasingly request assisted reproductive technology (ART) to allow safe procreation. Semen quality is critical in such situations...
- Vertical transmission of viral infectionsL Mandelbrot
Hopital Cochin, Service de Gynécologie Obstétrique I, Paris, France
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 10:123-8. 1998..As demonstrated by hepatitis B research in the past and human immunodeficiency virus today, multicenter cohort studies and clinical trials are a key to developing effective interventions...
- [HIV and pregnancy]C Rouzioux
Laboratoire de Virologie, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, 156, rue de Vaugirard, 75015, Paris, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 50:576-9. 2002..The knowledge of the mechanisms and the timing of HIV mother-to-child transmission need to be more developed in order to design adapted antiretroviral posology and to try to reduce infant's exposure to drug toxicity...
- Prenatal diagnosis of 18q-syndrome: a case of fetal mosaicism with a normal karyotype in chorionic villiO Anselem
Hopital Louis Mourier, Paris, France
Fetal Diagn Ther 28:180-5. 2010..Cytogenetic tests were repeated because of a short corpus callosum on ultrasound examination. This 18q-syndrome has been reported to be associated with poor neurodevelopmental outcome...
- Increased risk of cervical disease among human immunodeficiency virus-infected women with severe immunosuppression and high human papillomavirus load(1)I Heard
Service d obstétrique et de gynécologie, Hópita Cochin, INSERM SC4, Paris, France
Obstet Gynecol 96:403-9. 2000....
- Maternal-fetal transfer of saquinavir studied in the ex vivo placental perfusion modelF Forestier
, Paris, France
Am J Obstet Gynecol 185:178-81. 2001..CONCLUSION: The low rate of placental transfer of saquinavir suggests that use of this antiretroviral drug by pregnant women may not lead to significant exposure of the fetus...
- [Impaired fertility in women infected with HIV-1. Implications for sentinel serosurveillance]S Yaro
Centre Muraz, , 01 B.P. 153 Bobo-Dioulasso 01, Burkina Faso
Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 49:221-8. 2001..These findings suggest adjusting antenatal clinic-based HIV sentinel surveillance data for age and fertility in order to derive a good estimate of the community HIV prevalence...
- [Mode of delivery of HIV-infected women: a retrospective study of 358 pregnancies followed in the same hospital between 2000 and 2004]L Mandelbrot
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 34:1205-6. 2006
- [Emerging viral infectious diseases and pregnancy]P F Ceccaldi
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, CHU Louis Mourier, APHP, Universite Paris VII, 178, rue des Renouillers, 92701 Colombes, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 35:339-42. 2007..We report a review of the literature concerning the most quoted emergent virus (H5N1, SARS Coronavirus, Chikungunya, West Nile virus), and relate the perinatal management...
- Factors related to medical appointment attendance after childbirth among HIV-infected women in the Paris regionD Lemly
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Louis Mourier, Service de Gynecologie Obstretrique, Colombes, France
AIDS Care 19:346-54. 2007..In addition, increased communication between the health care providers of the mother and child may increase appointment attendance following delivery...
- Sexual and reproductive life of women informed of their HIV seropositivity: a prospective cohort study in Burkina FasoY Nebie
Centre Muraz, Organisation de Coordination et de Coopération pour la lutte contre les Grandes Endémies OCCGE, Bobo Dioulasso, Burkina Faso
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 28:367-72. 2001....