- The plasticity of gravitational reference frame and the subjective vertical: peripheral visual information affects the oblique effectMarion Luyat
Laboratory of Functional Neurosciences and Pathology, CNRS, Service EFV, Hopital Roger Salengro, 59037 Lille, France
Neurosci Lett 385:215-9. 2005..These results proved that this oblique effect is defined in a multimodal reference frame which integrates not only vestibular and proprioceptive cues but also peripheral visual information...
- [Can overestimating one's own capacities of action lead to fall? A study on the perception of affordance in the elderly]Marion Luyat
Laboratoire de Neurosciences Fonctionnelles et Pathologies, UMR 8160, Service EFV, Hopital Roger Salengro, Universite de Lille
Psychol Neuropsychiatr Vieil 6:287-97. 2008..They support the hypothesis of a cognitive overestimation of action abilities in the elderly, possibly due to a difficulty to actualize the new limits for action...
- Painfully thin but locked inside a fatter body: abnormalities in both anticipation and execution of action in anorexia nervosaMorgane Metral
LNFP Laboratory of Functional Neuroscience and Pathology EA4559, F 59000 Lille, France
BMC Res Notes 7:707. 2014..We also took account of the impact of the AN patients' weight variations on the task outcomes...
- Gender and line size factors modulate the deviations of the subjective visual vertical induced by head tiltMarion Luyat
Department of Psychology, University of Lille, Laboratory of Functional Neurosciences and Pathology EA4559, 4 rue du Barreau, Villeneuve d Ascq, 59653, France
BMC Neurosci 13:28. 2012..Line angle sizes of 0.95° and 18.92° were presented...
- The role of contextual cues in the haptic perception of orientations and the oblique effectMarion Luyat
Université Charles de Gaulle Lille 3, Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Psychon Bull Rev 12:760-6. 2005..These results are discussed in relation to a patterncentric frame of reference hypothesis or as a congruency effect...
- Imagining one's own and someone else's body actions: dissociation in anorexia nervosaDewi Guardia
Laboratoire de Neurosciences Fonctionnelles et Pathologies, EA 4559, Universite Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
PLoS ONE 7:e43241. 2012..In the present study, we sought to establish whether this erroneous judgment about action is specifically observed when it concerns one's own body or whether it is symptomatic of a general impairment in perceptual discrimination...
- Bimanual coordination with three hands: is the mirror hand of any help?Morgane Metral
Laboratory of Psychology and Neurocognition, UMR 5105 CNRS, University of Savoie, BP 1104, F 7301, Chambéry Cedex, France Laboratory of Functional Neurosciences and Pathologies, EA 4559, Department of Psychology, University of Lille 3, Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Neuropsychologia 52:11-8. 2014..Although mirror reflection of one arm has been shown to induce consistent, vivid, perceptual illusions (kinesthetic illusion), our results suggest that it is less effective in modulating motor behavior...
- Body tilt effect on the reproduction of orientations: studies on the visual oblique effect and subjective orientationsMarion Luyat
Laboratoire Unité de Recherche sur l Evolution des Comportements et l Apprentissage, Université Charles de Gaulle, Lille 3, Villeneuved Ascq, France
J Exp Psychol Hum Percept Perform 28:1002-11. 2002..Thus, the oblique effect seemed to be not purely gravitationally or egocentrically defined but, rather, to depend on a subjective gravitational reference frame tilted in the same direction as body tilts...
- Spatial orientation constancy is impaired in anorexia nervosaDewi Guardia
UDSL, EA4559, F 59000 Lille, France
Psychiatry Res 195:56-9. 2012..Our findings reinforce the role of the PC in AN and suggest that this dysfunction affects spatial orientation constancy as well as body boundaries...
- In the elderly, failure to update internal models leads to over-optimistic predictions about upcoming actionsGilles Lafargue
Departement de Psychologie, Université Lille Nord de France Lille 3, Villeneuve d Ascq, France
PLoS ONE 8:e51218. 2013..An age-related failure to update internal models may prompt the elderly to make over-optimistic predictions about upcoming actions. In turn, this may favor risky motor decision-making and promote falls...
- Kinaesthetic mirror illusion and spatial congruenceMorgane Metral
LPNC, CNRS, Univ Savoie Mont Blanc, 7300, Chambery, France
Exp Brain Res 233:1463-70. 2015....
- [Assessment of verbal episodic memory by a new memory test with self-initiated items (MAI test)]Myriam Noël
Laboratoire Psitec EA 4072, UFR de Psychologie, Université de Lille 3, Villeneuve d Ascq, France, Hôpital Victor Provo, Service de Geriatrie, Roubaix, France
Geriatr Psychol Neuropsychiatr Vieil 12:440-7. 2014..Thus it appears to be an useful screening tool for detection of pre-dementia in subjects who are not able to pass usual standard tests of episodic memory...
- Self-perceived and actual ability in the functional reach test in patients with Parkinson's diseaseGilles Ryckewaert
Universite de Lille, U1171, F 59037 Lille Cedex, France Department of Neurology, Lille University Medical Center, F 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Neurosci Lett 589:181-4. 2015..Ability to estimate self-performance is preserved in PD patients with no clinical impairments of postural control although they are at risk of future falls. ..
- The haptic perception of spatial orientationsEdouard Gentaz
National Center of Scientific Research, University of Grenoble 2, Grenoble, France
Exp Brain Res 187:331-48. 2008..Taken together, these results revealed that the haptic oblique effect occurs when the sensory motor traces associated with exploratory movement are represented more abstractly at a cognitive level...
- The manual haptic perception of orientations and the oblique effect in patients with left visuo-spatial neglectEdouard Gentaz
Laboratoire Cognition et Developpement, UMR 8605 CNRS, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris V, 71 Avenue Edouard Vaillant, F 92774 Boulogne Billancourt Cedex, France
Neuroreport 13:327-31. 2002..The haptic orientation deficit of neglect patients seems to affect in the same way all values and spatial positions of orientations...