- The plasticity of gravitational reference frame and the subjective vertical: peripheral visual information affects the oblique effect
Laboratory of Functional Neurosciences and Pathology, CNRS, Service EFV, Hopital Roger Salengro, 59037 Lille, France
Neurosci Lett 385:215-9. 2005
..These results proved that this oblique effect is defined in a multimodal reference frame which integrates not only vestibular and proprioceptive cues but also peripheral visual information...
- [Can overestimating one's own capacities of action lead to fall? A study on the perception of affordance in the elderly]
Laboratoire de Neurosciences Fonctionnelles et Pathologies, UMR 8160, Service EFV, Hopital Roger Salengro, Universite de Lille
Psychol Neuropsychiatr Vieil 6:287-97. 2008
..They support the hypothesis of a cognitive overestimation of action abilities in the elderly, possibly due to a difficulty to actualize the new limits for action...
- Painfully thin but locked inside a fatter body: abnormalities in both anticipation and execution of action in anorexia nervosa
LNFP Laboratory of Functional Neuroscience and Pathology EA4559, F 59000 Lille, France
BMC Res Notes 7:707. 2014
..We also took account of the impact of the AN patients' weight variations on the task outcomes...
- Gender and line size factors modulate the deviations of the subjective visual vertical induced by head tilt
Department of Psychology, University of Lille, Laboratory of Functional Neurosciences and Pathology EA4559, 4 rue du Barreau, Villeneuve d Ascq, 59653, France
BMC Neurosci 13:28. 2012
..Line angle sizes of 0.95° and 18.92° were presented...
- The role of contextual cues in the haptic perception of orientations and the oblique effect
Université Charles de Gaulle Lille 3, Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Psychon Bull Rev 12:760-6. 2005
..These results are discussed in relation to a patterncentric frame of reference hypothesis or as a congruency effect...
- Body tilt effect on the reproduction of orientations: studies on the visual oblique effect and subjective orientations
Laboratoire Unité de Recherche sur l Evolution des Comportements et l Apprentissage, Université Charles de Gaulle, Lille 3, Villeneuved Ascq, France
J Exp Psychol Hum Percept Perform 28:1002-11. 2002
..Thus, the oblique effect seemed to be not purely gravitationally or egocentrically defined but, rather, to depend on a subjective gravitational reference frame tilted in the same direction as body tilts...
- The haptic perception of spatial orientations
National Center of Scientific Research, University of Grenoble 2, Grenoble, France
Exp Brain Res 187:331-48. 2008
..Taken together, these results revealed that the haptic oblique effect occurs when the sensory motor traces associated with exploratory movement are represented more abstractly at a cognitive level...
- The manual haptic perception of orientations and the oblique effect in patients with left visuo-spatial neglect
Laboratoire Cognition et Developpement, UMR 8605 CNRS, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris V, 71 Avenue Edouard Vaillant, F 92774 Boulogne Billancourt Cedex, France
Neuroreport 13:327-31. 2002
..The haptic orientation deficit of neglect patients seems to affect in the same way all values and spatial positions of orientations...