Patrick M Lucas
- Agmatine deiminase pathway genes in Lactobacillus brevis are linked to the tyrosine decarboxylation operon in a putative acid resistance locusPatrick M Lucas
UMR 1219, Universite Bordeaux 2, INRA, ISVV, Talence, France
Microbiology 153:2221-30. 2007..These results support the hypothesis that the agmatine deiminase and tyrosine catabolic pathways belong to a genomic region that provides acid resistance and that is exchanged horizontally as a whole between LAB...
- High frequency of histamine-producing bacteria in the enological environment and instability of the histidine decarboxylase production phenotypePatrick M Lucas
UMR 1219, INRA Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Talence, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:811-7. 2008..Strains of O. oeni producing histamine are frequent in wine during malolactic fermentation, but they may lose this capacity during subcultures in the laboratory...
- Identification of pOENI-1 and related plasmids in Oenococcus oeni strains performing the malolactic fermentation in wineMarion Favier
University of Bordeaux, ISVV, Unit of Enology EA 4577, Villenave D Ornon, France
PLoS ONE 7:e49082. 2012....
- Histamine-producing pathway encoded on an unstable plasmid in Lactobacillus hilgardii 0006Patrick M Lucas
Faculté d Oenologie, UMR 1219, INRA Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 351, Cours de la Liberation, 33405 Talence, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:1417-24. 2005..These results describe for the first time the genes encoding a histamine-producing pathway and provide clues to the parsimonious distribution and the instability of histamine-producing lactic acid bacteria...
- Evidence of two functionally distinct ornithine decarboxylation systems in lactic acid bacteriaAndrea Romano
University of Bordeaux, ISVV, Villenave D Ornon, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 78:1953-61. 2012..Diamines that result from this second system are retained within the cytosol...
- Multilocus sequence typing of Oenococcus oeni: detection of two subpopulations shaped by intergenic recombinationEric Bilhere
UMR 1219, Universite de Bordeaux, INRA, ISVV, Talence 33405, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:1291-300. 2009..oeni strains, and they provided a picture of the O. oeni population that explains some conflicting results previously obtained...
- The mechanism of the tyrosine transporter TyrP supports a proton motive tyrosine decarboxylation pathway in Lactobacillus brevisWout A M Wolken
Molecular Microbiology, Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute, University of Groningen, Haren, The Netherlands
J Bacteriol 188:2198-206. 2006..It is proposed that tyrosine decarboxylation in L. brevis results in proton motive force generation by an indirect proton pumping mechanism...